An alternative to Starlink that may be available in your area now

• T-Mobile Home Internet access. Download speeds are supposed to be at least 25 Mbps (to meet FCC definition of Broadband) to over 100 Mbps with Upload speeds between 6-23 Mbps. No contract. No equipment fees. No data caps. T-Mobile is focusing on their 5G cell phone users first and is slowly adding Home Internet access as their capacity improves. This is the first article I've seen that mentions T-Mobile's access speeds. A member of NextDoor in my area posted he was getting speeds over 500 Mbps, but that speed has been disputed and hasn't been verified. I will be buying a T-Mobile 5G Galaxy S21 5G phone and will hopefully get to make some measurements soon.

More info here - https://www.cnet.com/google-am…-5g-home-internet-review/

• T-Mobile Home Internet access. Download speeds are supposed to be at least 25 Mbps (to meet FCC definition of Broadband) to over 100 Mbps with Upload speeds between 6-23 Mbps. No contract. No equipment fees. No data caps. T-Mobile is focusing on their 5G cell phone users first and is slowly adding Home Internet access as their capacity improves. This is the first article I've seen that mentions T-Mobile's access speeds. A member of NextDoor in my area posted he was getting speeds over 500 Mbps, but that speed has been disputed and hasn't been verified. I will be buying a T-Mobile 5G Galaxy S21 5G phone and will hopefully get to make some measurements soon.

More info here - https://www.cnet.com/google-am…-5g-home-internet-review/

if that service relies on satellite links I’d hold off for a few months...starlink isn’t up and running yet....is it?

• I have t-mobile 5g thru consumer cellular. I got rid of the internet cable in January. I can do 99% of what I was able to do with cable via my galaxy 20 ultra 5g. Saving 55 a month.

Have you ever run Speedtest, either the Android app or the website (http://www.speedtest.net)? I'd be interested in how fast your T-Mobile internet access is. I ran into a problem last night when checking the T-Mobile website after I selected port my old number to T-Mobile. Even though I had a Sprint phone, T-Mobile gave me a message saying they couldn't port my Sprint number to T-Mobile. I've had that number for at least 15-20 years and don't want to go thru the hassle of trying to figure out who I need to notify of the number change. Talked to T-Mobile rep at a store today and they didn't know why I got that message, but they still think I can bring my number over. Unfortunately, T-Mobile says the Galaxy S21 5G 256GB model will not be back in stock until the end of October. All th3ey have at the moment is the 128GB version and since Samsung dropped the use of microSD cards to expand memory, I'm concerned about not having enough storage.

• Just ran it, 50mbps. But I've gotten much more but not much less. Fast enough for what I do. I have the sd card slot on my ultra 20.

I never liked Apple phones because of their lack of SD card support. It really saddens me to see other manufacturers now dropping support for easily expanded storage.

I must admit that I've gotten spoiled with near Gigabit speeds from Comcast, but my cable bill is getting way too high for me. Looking at T-Mobile's 5G coverage map, it looks like my house is located in their 5G Ultra speed area, so I assume I'll get more than 50Mbps.

• I never liked Apple phones because of their lack of SD card support. It really saddens me to see other manufacturers now dropping support for easily expanded storage.

I must admit that I've gotten spoiled with near Gigabit speeds from Comcast, but my cable bill is getting way too high for me. Looking at T-Mobile's 5G coverage map, it looks like my house is located in their 5G Ultra speed area, so I assume I'll get more than 50Mbps.

I ditched cable 4 or 5 months ago. Only thing I can't do over my data plan is update my phones software. But that's samsung not tmobile. I save about 55 a month. Now if I could get rid of dish and save money I would but checking all the other TV vendors, their prices are very close.

• Just came across this article - https://www.pcmag.com/news/sta…clining-in-us-ookla-finds.

I finally switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and got a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G phone. I'm seeing 5G download speeds from around 30 Mbps to as high as 600 Mbps while seeing speeds from Comcast between 30 Mbps to around 975 Mbps. Uploads on Comcast are almost always around 35-40 Mbps even when Comcast download speeds really plummet due to heavy use. T-Mobile upload speeds seem to vary between 1 Mbps to as high as 10 Mbps.

T- Mobile is expected to begin offer Carrier Aggregation (CA) in 2022 meaning two different frequencies can be combined for even faster speeds. T-Mobile is also expected to start using a new Gateway that will offer more features than the Nokia units they've been using, so maybe we'll see CA for more speed and better management options next year for 5G Home Internet. The newer gateways are reported to have more software flexibility and allow the user to change MTU settings for even better performance. Depending on where folks live, T-Mobile might offer acceptable Internet performance for more people. T-Mobile is currently only accepting new 5G Home Internet service in those areas where the local tower equipment can support Home Internet customers without affecting their main customers (cell phone customers). and CA should allow T-Mobile to extend faster service farther out in the countryside.

• Just came across this article - https://www.pcmag.com/news/sta…clining-in-us-ookla-finds.

I finally switched from Sprint to T-Mobile and got a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G phone. I'm seeing 5G download speeds from around 30 Mbps to as high as 600 Mbps while seeing speeds from Comcast between 30 Mbps to around 975 Mbps. Uploads on Comcast are almost always around 35-40 Mbps even when Comcast download speeds really plummet due to heavy use. T-Mobile upload speeds seem to vary between 1 Mbps to as high as 10 Mbps.

T- Mobile is expected to begin offer Carrier Aggregation (CA) in 2022 meaning two different frequencies can be combined for even faster speeds. T-Mobile is also expected to start using a new Gateway that will offer more features than the Nokia units they've been using, so maybe we'll see CA for more speed and better management options next year for 5G Home Internet. The newer gateways are reported to have more software flexibility and allow the user to change MTU settings for even better performance. Depending on where folks live, T-Mobile might offer acceptable Internet performance for more people. T-Mobile is currently only accepting new 5G Home Internet service in those areas where the local tower equipment can support Home Internet customers without affecting their main customers (cell phone customers). and CA should allow T-Mobile to extend faster service farther out in the countryside.

WOW! That is all Greek to me.

• Well, I just dropped AT&T after 30 plus years and went with Mint Mobile, that uses T-Mobile service.

But I use my phone for a very unusual service.

I use it for a telephone, not streaming movies, watching TV on, or making tic tok videos to for twerking and showing people what a twit I am.

I like my $15 a month service.

And I like Ryan Reynolds more than AT&T.

• Well, I just dropped AT&T after 30 plus years and went with Mint Mobile, that uses T-Mobile service.

But I use my phone for a very unusual service.

I use it for a telephone, not streaming movies, watching TV on, or making tic tok videos to for twerking and showing people what a twit I am.

I like my $15 a month service.

And I like Ryan Reynolds more than AT&T.

Glad to hear that there is at least one other person ussing the 'smart' phone only as a phone.

• I'm retired and cut the internet cord many months ago. Don't miss it at all and saves me 75 a month. My phone is all the internet connection I need. I realize this doesn't work for most but it does for me.

pretty much the opposite for us. Cell service for all of the main carriers sucks at my house - move a 1/2 a block in almost any direction and its great, but unless they were to add cell towers or do some relocating of existing towers cell phones at our house suck our house is a dead zone - - to resolve this problem when we are at home our cell phones use the wifi calling feature of T-Mobile (our cell provide) to make our home wifi act as a cell - - - we cut all of the non wifi cables a long time ago, TV is wifi, phone is wifi and at home cell service is wifi

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If your cell provider tells you they don't offer Internet service in your area, this video might help.

Interesting video regarding using an external antenna to improve Internet access from a cell provider. YouTuber Silver Cymbal discusses his experience achieving almost 400 Mbps in an area where his cell provider told him it wasn't available. There's some cost involved and some effort is required, but he presents a decent alternative that may work for folks who've been told nothing's available in their area. With the right equipment, Cell Internet may be available anywhere a cell phone can find a signal.

Watch on YouTube if you want to access to the links he posted.