Biketoberfest Daytona Oct 14-17

• OH SHIT 🥺🥺🥺 you know they make dedicated lawn mowers…… glad your able to tell us about it. Yikes that would have been a ride.

• Oh no Mr. Phil! I see wet pavement. Was that a factor? I haven't heard of the front wheel drive Vanderhall having traction issues like the Sling.

The wet road had a lot to do with it it, but not as much as the jerk in his jacked-up 4X4 passing another 3WD. Not sure if truck #2 was pissed off that he was being passed in the rain and sped up enough to be a jerk. All I can be sure of is it didn't appear that he was going to be able to make the pass and then get the hell out of my lame in time. This was a "trucking route" so the tire tracks had compressed the road surface down into two lower tracks leaving the center of the lane at the normal height. I had already slowed down to 45 mph due to the heavy rain and had both front tires in the worn down channels while the rear tire was riding fine on the higher center of the lane. I drifted to the right to give the truck more room to make the pass, but as soon as the rear tire came off the center of the lane into the water filled channel, the ass end kicked out to the right. It sure wasn't fun to know what was going to happen while I was now aimed at the trucks heading at me. I stayed off the break and swung the steering wheel to the right to see if I could at least scrub off some speed while staying as far to the right as I could. It did one 180 as all 3 tires were sliding so even if I tried braking it wouldn't have done much good. As soon as all 3 tires were in the grass and mud, I tried to pull out of it by using a little throttle control. No way, so at that point I went all in on throttle thinking it may have been the best way to keep it from rolling over than if I had locked up the brakes. The rest speaks for itself. And no. neither truck stopped and since there was no contact with another vehicle, it goes down as a single vehicle AT FAULT accident

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The wet road had a lot to do with it it, but not as much as the jerk in his jacked-up 4X4 passing another 3WD. Not sure if truck #2 was pissed off that he was being passed in the rain and sped up enough to be a jerk. All I can be sure of is it didn't appear that he was going to be able to make the pass and then get the hell out of my lame in time. This was a "trucking route" so the tire tracks had compressed the road surface down into two lower tracks leaving the center of the lane at the normal height. I had already slowed down to 45 mph due to the heavy rain and had both front tires in the worn down channels while the rear tire was riding fine on the higher center of the lane. I drifted to the right to give the truck more room to make the pass, but as soon as the rear tire came off the center of the lane into the water filled channel, the ass end kicked out to the right. It sure wasn't fun to know what was going to happen while I was now aimed at the trucks heading at me. I stayed off the break and swung the steering wheel to the right to see if I could at least scrub off some speed while staying as far to the right as I could. It did one 180 as all 3 tires were sliding so even if I tried braking it wouldn't have done much good. As soon as all 3 tires were in the grass and mud, I tried to pull out of it by using a little throttle control. No way, so at that point I went all in on throttle thinking it may have been the best way to keep it from rolling over than if I had locked up the brakes. The rest speaks for itself. And no. neither truck stopped and since there was no contact with another vehicle, it goes down as a single vehicle AT FAULT accident

Fun hope you came thru with out much damage. Bike can be fixed...

• Well, the dealer just sent me a worse message. They sent over to the insurance adjuster the $29K estimate to repair so kiss this one off. I doubt they'll say go ahead and fix it knowing it's gonna take until the end of the year and who knows how much in cost over runs when it's easier to just total it. Really would have preferred hearing this Monday so I could have had at least another weekend thinking I still owned a trike

• It's over. Insurance adjuster called tonight and they're going to total the Vanderhall. No options on my part except to say no and repair it all at my expense. I can't buy it back, I can't ask them to not total it and just pay the estimate. Once they pay the claim, the title will get branded as salvage and even if it gets repaired and a new title gets issued as a rebuilt, Allstate will refuse to insure it. Not willing to take that risk, so I get to run over to the dealership next week to retrieve my tag and anything else of mine and leave them the second set of keys and wait to hear the final number of what I can expect to receive from them. I guess that gives me the weekend to decide if I'm going to look for something else to ride, or take this as a warning and hang up me rain gear and learn to play bingo. There's not much else for us old farts to do here in Florida. So I guess the plans to make it out to the Deadwoods trike rally next year is not going to happen

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().

• It's over. Insurance adjuster called tonight and they're going to total the Vanderhall. No options on my part except to say no and repair it all at my expense. I can't buy it back, I can't ask them to not total it and just pay the estimate. Once they pay the claim, the title will get branded as salvage and even if it gets repaired and a new title gets issued as a rebuilt, Allstate will refuse to insure it. Not willing to take that risk, so I get to run over to the dealership next week to retrieve my tag and anything else of mine and leave them the second set of keys and wait to hear the final number of what I can expect to receive from them. I guess that gives me the weekend to decide if I'm going to look for something else to ride, or take this as a warning and hang up me rain gear and learn toi play bingo. There's not much else for us old farts to do here in Florida. So I guess the plans to make it out to the Deadwoods trike rally next year is not going to happen

I just can’t like that post - TOTAL BUMMER !!! Get you another sled - your too young to be benched !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It's over. Insurance adjuster called tonight and they're going to total the Vanderhall. No options on my part except to say no and repair it all at my expense. I can't buy it back, I can't ask them to not total it and just pay the estimate. Once they pay the claim, the title will get branded as salvage and even if it gets repaired and a new title gets issued as a rebuilt, Allstate will refuse to insure it. Not willing to take that risk, so I get to run over to the dealership next week to retrieve my tag and anything else of mine and leave them the second set of keys and wait to hear the final number of what I can expect to receive from them. I guess that gives me the weekend to decide if I'm going to look for something else to ride, or take this as a warning and hang up me rain gear and learn toi play bingo. There's not much else for us old farts to do here in Florida. So I guess the plans to make it out to the Deadwoods trike rally next year is not going to happen

It's in your blood. It doesn't go away, ever! Take a rest, look around. Watch when something drives by. Vanderhall, slingshot, doesn't matter. Listen to it and watch.

• So sorry to see this brother that was a sweet ride but yourself was an awesome meet so glad you OK. Can’t wait to see the next one

• Loved that part in Animal House!

...don't stop him he's on a roll.