Fab factory/ Borg Warner efr review

• Well having logged 4K problem free miles on my ff turbo, all I can say is, its a blast. Bob was able to street tune it at Maggie valley, so tunes are available through him. I'm currently running 5.5lbs of boost just to be on the safe side, although the turbo smart boost gauge allows you to program up to 6 separate settings. Also, the bw efr is adjusted from the turbosmart gauge, so there is no spring to mess with. My second setting is on 8lbs, but I haven't found a reason to use it yet. The 7163 Borg Warner efr sounds great, and with the location on the topside you can hear it spooling at all times. The turbo also has an internal wastegate, so it's fairly quiet when it blows off. Also, the 3 inch ff exhaust for this setup gives a low rumble, without the drone for on long trips, or at least I've notice a drastic improvement. It's just not nearly as loud, with no baffle vs na. I did get the arp head studs, but this setup with a built engine should support low 500whp(in theory) at that point though, there is potential for a different ecu(unknown). At 5.5lbs of boost the largest "creep" I've seen it get was 6.6lbs of boost, so this system is not as prone to the spikes some have experienced. Oh, not to mention the craftsmanship on intake manifold, the turbo mount and the notorious end caps is beautiful and all billet aluminum. Overall I'm ecstatic about this turbo. If you have any questions let me know....

I've not had a turbo before and I'm no expert.

• It looks great @Shack , even more so in person. You know I was kicking myself as I read your post. I never had you start it at MV so that I could hear it. SSITS needs to be 2wks long. If there were a second week I could probably slow down and really look at things and talk to people longer. I had the attention span of a damn kid in a toy store.

We'll get together again, then I might even have time for a ride. :D It is a very beautiful (in a MANLY way) turbo setup. I really like the lack of big creep like we always hear about.

• Oh, not to mention the craftsmanship on intake manifold, the turbo mount and the notorious end caps is beautiful and all billet aluminum. Overall I'm ecstatic about this turbo. If you have any questions let me know....

Looks Great , your story sounds Great. Soooooo , you got the talk and the look . This is going to = fun in N Ga.
    No super speeder coming up now !

• @Shack was gracious enough to let me go down the road in this machine before it was tuned but I was still impressed with it. It looks good also under the hood. Can't wait for you to take me for a spin in the near future....

• It is a beautifully constructed setup with a lot of airflow. Performance is fantastic, especially at the boost levels you are currently running, and the whole system has a lot of potential. Start experimenting!