4 years - - - -

• July 11, 2017 - - 4 years ago today - - - was my first day as a non drinker - - - had my last alcoholic drink the night before and I haven't touched a drop since

anyway - - just wanted to share with my friends

:00008674:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The really great part is that by not drinking all of the IPA that I would have had I have been able to enjoy more discretionary cash for other goodies including Slingshot mods 8o

• I don't know, I'm 73 and like my 2 cocktails a day. Why deprive myself if I enjoy it and never abuse it. If it shortens my life so be it. At least I enjoyed it.

unfortunately I was enjoying it way more than I should - - - I have never been good with moderation. I tend to either do something full tilt - or I don't do it - - - in this case it seemed the wise choice to decide to stop

• Been 37 year for the booze and 35 for the smokes....So I can afford the Slingshot and gas to make it go. And Eric if I could stop and 2 I would probably still have a drink --- was 2 -- 3 qts of VO a week just to get started. Enjoy life as you can.

hehe - yep I quit smoking on Jan 2 1995 - - - was over 2 packs a day and at the time $20 a carton just seemed to be too much - - At the time I felt I would rather spend that money elsewhere - - on the down side that ended up giving me more money for beer - - and like you 2 a day - - yea that wasn't happening and usually it was not just your average beer at 3 or 4% - - I was much more inclined to be downing a couple of 4 packs of 9% Dog Head Fish 90 minute IPA a night or sometimes some stronger IPA like some of the special releases from Stone that were often up to 12%.

Anyway I am really enjoying not drinking - I like knowing that I am not giving away even a small % of control over my self - - Please don't take this the wrong way - - I liked drinking, but it was just the right choice for me to make at that time - I would never presume to tell anyone else that drinking is wrong for them - - to me it was 100% a personal choice

frankly for most of my adult life I have managed to burn the candle at both ends in ways that many others I know of tried and didn't survive - - for whatever reason I did and here and at 67 everything still works and is in pretty good good shape all things considered :thumbsup:

• hehe - yep I quit smoking on Jan 2 1995 - - - was over 2 packs a day and at the time $20 a carton just seemed to be too much - - At the time I felt I would rather spend that money elsewhere - - on the down side that ended up giving me more money for beer - - and like you 2 a day - - yea that wasn't happening and usually it was not just your average beer at 3 or 4% - - I was much more inclined to be downing a couple of 4 packs of 9% Dog Head Fish 90 minute IPA a night or sometimes some stronger IPA like some of the special releases from Stone that were often up to 12%.

Anyway I am really enjoying not drinking - I like knowing that I am not giving away even a small % of control over my self - - Please don't take this the wrong way - - I liked drinking, but it was just the right choice for me to make at that time - I would never presume to tell anyone else that drinking is wrong for them - - to me it was 100% a personal choice

frankly for most of my adult life I have managed to burn the candle at both ends in ways that many others I know of tried and didn't survive - - for whatever reason I did and here and at 67 everything still works and is in pretty good good shape all things considered :thumbsup:

Your just a 'youngster' ... 77 and going maybe not quite as strong as a few years ago but I can keep up with most of the people I know that are much younger. Keep going and you can keep going.