Shaft drive

• The angle drive will still be needed even if Polaris replaced the belt drive to a shaft drive. You need something to convert the rotational spinning of the driveshaft to the 90 degree rotation of the drive pulley. The only way to eliminate the angle drive is by going to the 4 wheel conversion kits so the (longer) drive shaft stays rotational correct to transfer power from the transmission to the yolk of the differential

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Yes I realize that. The Goldwing' s is located at the rear wheel. You would think with the many comments over the years Polaris would have addressed this. I haven't driven a 2020+ so maybe they have. But it's not the initial drive of the new slings it's what they sound like after many miles of use.

• Any sounds you hear are actually just more noticeable due to the open cockpit design and the design of the plastic body panels. No production car would block out any of the road or power-train noises if they were not made of steel, aluminum, fiberglass or even a composite body. Most of them have sound deadening insulation as well

It just adds to the joy of owning something this unique

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have had a few boats with IOs, Inboard/outboard that change the drive angle to more then 90 degrees and less then when trimmed up. They were not noisy but also very undependable. The undependable part was the U joints used to couple the motor to the lower unit never a problem with the gearing.

If the music is to loud you are to old.