Drive Shaft or Universal Joint

• You could also check out The Driveshaft Shop for both. https://www.driveshaftshop.com/ I do not know if they carry the U joint but they have made several driveshafts for us in the past. I am not sure if carbon is an option though.

I just reviewed the custom driveshaft order form and they do list carbon fiber as one of the options for material

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well, besides vanity reasons, most people would not know the difference. The stock steel driveshaft is heavy and durable. I don't think I've heard of any driveshafts failures - mostly due to the lack of traction. But under severe track conditions, it is possible that a stock driveshaft COULD fail. (Still unlikely though). Aluminum driveshafts are lighter but have issues themselves. The ultimate is the carbon fiber ones. Extremely durable, even lighter than aluminum and expensive. Whenever you can reduce the weight the better. In the case of reducing the rotating weight of the power train allows the engine to rev quicker. That's the basic reasoning behind going to aluminum flywheels. The choice of costs vs gains is up to the owner. I'm sure Kyle Dave or others also have their thoughts to share

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• quick google found this

"Carbon Fiber (composite) drive shafts have a torsional spring rate a little less than aluminum and about half that of steel. The advantage of a lower spring rate is less driveline shock and a reduction of stress on other drivetrain components, as well as increased traction."

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well, besides vanity reasons, most people would not know the difference. The stock steel driveshaft is heavy and durable. I don't think I've heard of any driveshafts failures - mostly due to the lack of traction. But under severe track conditions, it is possible that a stock driveshaft COULD fail. (Still unlikely though). Aluminum driveshafts are lighter but have issues themselves. The ultimate is the carbon fiber ones. Extremely durable, even lighter than aluminum and expensive. Whenever you can reduce the weight the better. In the case of reducing the rotating weight of the power train allows the engine to rev quicker. That's the basic reasoning behind going to aluminum flywheels. The choice of costs vs gains is up to the owner. I'm sure Kyle Dave or others also have their thoughts to share

I don't know brother we have definitely stress tested drive shafts with all the crazy HP DDM and ZZP have squeezed out of these things and I say they pass the test.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!