Been busy the last few weeks. My daughter graduated from Birmingham Southern University.

• My daughter Ally graduated from Birmingham Southern this week. She has finished the first part of her journey to becoming an attorney this weekend. I have said it many times, I couldn't be happier and more proud of anything in the world. She was offered a scholarship at several law schools and she decided to take the offer from Cumberland at Samford in Birmingham.

I can't believe that we have had this forum running long enough for most of yall to follow her journey from the time she got her car at age 16 till she graduated with her Bachelors degree.

Which brings me to something else that fits this topic. I can't remember if I posted this already (my days have been a blur lately.). I posted on here when I bought her first car way back when she was 16. She was so proud of her new Fiat 500.... Well 68,000 miles and 7 years later it was time to get her a new ride. The Fiat had never let her down and had never had a single failure. It still looked and ran perfect. But she had outgrown it and needed something a bit more "adult" sized... She wanted a SUV So I looked around and BMW had the best price on an X1. I told her to drive home and we would load her Fiat on the car trailer and go to Nalley BMW in Atlanta. After some slight negotiation I traded the Fiat off for a new 2021 X1. I loaded the X1 on the trailer so I could get her out of Atlanta. She can drive anywhere and in any kind of traffic but it had been a long day so i figured it couldn't hurt to get her out of the heavy traffic before turning her loose in a new unfamiliar vehicle. She was happy for sure. So far she says she loves it. I drove it down the road about a mile was surprised how quick it was. I believe it has a twin turbo 2.0L. Especially when compared to the 1.4L Fiat... Maybe it will last her as long as the Fiat and keep her safe till she buys her next car.

• Becoming a lawyer! Wow! Maybe one day she can organize a group buy better than Bill Martin ! :D

In retrospect I could have done better orchestrating a hostile takeover rather than a group buy cause you guys have elephant memories :00008172: rabtech - give Ally my congrats and tell her that the Alabama Bar Association will some day soon be proud to have her as a new member - it’s an exclusive club!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it