Master Cylinder Brace and USPS

• I was not going to answer, I forgot why I had blocked him years ago.

• Even if the master cylinder brace does not provide the performance boost a person might expect or want I still don't see how it can be a bad thing if it provides additional strength in an area that is questionable.

Heck - my sway bar has never really moved very much as far as I can tell - every time I look under the front of my Slingshot it is within an inch or so of being perfectly centered - - despite this lack discernable movement I am still going to install the sway bar clamps to insure it never moves in the future - - got them in the mail yesterday and will put them on this coming weekend.

$100 to strengthen the master cylinder mount or $25 to keep the sway bar properly centered - - - seems like money well spent - - - making something stronger and possibly preventing something unwanted from happening down the road - - - how can that be a bad thing?

As a side note I have noticed a nice improvement in my brakes which makes it even better :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have seen the sway bar move all the way over without the stops. I had never put the brace on Sling II, I had forgot how much difference it makes. Even after driving a week it still surprises me how much better the brakes feel.

• I have seen the sway bar move all the way over without the stops. I had never put the brace on Sling II, I had forgot how much difference it makes. Even after driving a week it still surprises me how much better the brakes feel.

Yes I have seen pictures of the swaybar all the way over here on the forum - just have never seen mine do it - - - I guess it could be hapening all the time and has just moved back before I can see it - - this is one of the reasons I bought the clamps.

Also, I can confirm that my brakes do indeed feel much nicer, but even if they didnt I think I would still be glad I had installed the brace - - heck if you read the description on slingmods they dont even mention fixing mushy brakes they only talk about preventing damage - a quote

"Over time this pressure can gradually push the master cylinder forward, warping the metal it is mounted on leading to a displacement of the master cylinder within the engine. An affordable way to combat this is to install a master cylinder brace inside the Slingshot. This brace provides support for the master cylinder, which keeps it in its proper position helping to avoid a more expensive reconstruction later on down the line."

on the other hand DDM says this:

"No more spongy feel when you hit the brakes!"

either way I am happy with it ^^

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Awaiting a Foamskins Center Console, it was notified as sent first class. Received this from USPS then nothing despite follow ups. Today it's still showing as package acceptance pending.

Status

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

Your shipment was received at 3:58 pm on August 10, 2021 in DAYTONA BEACH, FL 32119. The acceptance of your package is pending

• I shop a LOT online. I’ve seen your scenario frequently during this pandemic. I recently had a USPS package coming from Florida & same thing: “shipment received, package acceptance pending.” It’s sitting at the post office there. Mine finally was accepted & started moving 6 days later. Be patient (I know it’s aggravating) but you’ll get it…

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I like how Amazon delivery takes a picture of the package where they placed it. That has come in handy when they have left it behind a bush or on the neighbors porch. UPS says my package will be here on Friday but I am already using the item as it got here on Tuesday. Hey but blame it on the virus.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• USPS tracking sucks it says it is in pending and the delivery date is 5 days and I receive it the next day. Most of the time it is never updated.

Yep, tracking was never updated. Received the item today, it's still is a pending status. 8|

• Yep, tracking was never updated. Received the item today, it's still is a pending status. 8|

Received this package four days ago. Got this response today. 8|

This is in response to your inquiry regarding your mail delivery service. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Package is still in transit to local post office, Package was accepted by post office in Florida and is on the move. Once it gets to Bellmarw the next day it will be sent