• Newbie here! Excited to add this toy to my garage, 60 degrees and Michigan sun today was good enough to get out. Couple of questions:

1) I've read the 2021 has a smoother transmission but it seems pretty rough/choppy on initial acceleration, is this normal?

2) Occasional grinding noise on acceleration, I suspect a belt, is this normal?

3) Best way to fill the gas tank, nothing splashed but the pump keeps stopping after a few seconds.

Thanks in advance for your experience and knowledge. Happy driving!

--Kristi

• There is a slot that the noozle has to go into. Look in you will see it. Also the station I fill up at has a couple of pumps that just pump to fast and keeps shutting off. Took me a while to get used to all the noises sounds you bought the Autodrive.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• @Lulubean There is a video on one of these sites that shows about filling up the gas tank. I can't find it as I can never seam to get Search to work for me. Maybe someone will remember where it is.

• OMG, how to fill up a gas tank. ⛽

@ EricRedSL I don't know about your Sling or any of them before 2020 but on my 20 R the end of the nozzle has to be placed just right or you are going to have problems. It's not like a car or truck and you just jam the nozzle down the filler. The OP is a new owner and may not have known this.

• @echoraven not sure that would work on my Sling as the nozzle has to go into the area that is off center in the filler so this thing probably wouldn't seat in the opening. The station I go to most of the time has pumps that are painfully slow when you have to fill a 20 nor 30 gal tank. Pack a lunch if you got to pump 150 gals in the boat.

• 1) 2020 & Newer have a new engine and transmission than the 2015-2019. Manual only was available in 2015-2019, whereas the 2020+ is really just a manual with an automatic shifter, not a true automatic transmission. Some people have commented about the new "Auto-Drive" being "clunky" when shifting, but if you learn to drive it like a manual (let of the gas when shifting for a second), it will drive fine.

2) Grinding noise could be belt or angle drive. Yes, somewhat normal, and it will dissipate over time. You don't say how many miles, but plan on changing the Angle Drive oil at 1500, 5000, & 10,000 miles (oil only, no filter there). Polaris leaves the angle drive gears to "final machine" through wear. When you do that first angle drive oil change, you will see lots of metallic particles in it. Once you get to the 3rd change at 10K miles, it will all be gone and you're good to 100K miles.

Figure you'll need to adjust your belt by 10K miles - a simple finger test will show you if it's too loose. Easy to do but does require a 30mm deep socket. I bought the socket at Autozone and it works easy - can do it in your driveway in 10 mins.

3) Yes, learned to put the nozzle in at a 45 degree angle, down into the slot, and then put the pump on 1/2 way. Not like a car. You should also listen for it to get close to the top to stop it before it slightly overflows - you will hear it change tone easily.

• You guys are great, thank you!!

Drove it like a manual this evening and much smoother.

Just broke 200 miles :-)

Also filled up with the pump upside down and it worked like a charm. Calculated approximately how many gallons I needed and avoided any surprises.

Excited to learn about this beast and how it works, maintenance will be my next feat.

So.Much.Fun!

• A major rally in The Smokes
    Slingshots-in-The-Smokies-banner.png

Check out http://www.Slingshotroadsters.com probably be about 500 Slingshots there for the rally.