New Hahn/QA1 Bolt-In Spherical Coilovers!

• @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft. Did a 250 mile ride Peak to Peak in CO and rode the Trail Ridge Raod. Your coil overs are freaking AWESOME. Had and awesome ride to 12,100 feet today.

Jonathan, did you set the coil springs to have the same height in front and back as stock?
    Are these shocks assembled when delivered (springs on)?

• They came assembled. I did have to raise them back to stock height, as they were shipped 3/4" lower than stock. I think you can order them at stock height now. @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft will be able to confirm. Install was 45 minutes max and I settled on the zero setting on the adjustment for running around town, as I love the very soft ride. It rolls a little in turns but cranking up the adjustment to six or eight clicks makes the curries nice and tight.

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.

• I ordered my shocks stock height, still needed some adjustment after installation. Wasn't a problem. Working on the clicks now to see which setting I prefer :)

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft. Did a 250 mile ride Peak to Peak in CO and rode the Trail Ridge Road. Your coil overs are freaking AWESOME. Had an awesome ride to 12,100 feet today.

That's the kind of feedback that puts smiles on our faces! So far, the introduction of this new product has been a virtual hit out of the park. We're confident that this coilover option is the best performing, quietest and most versatile option available for Slingshot, as well as the best value by far.

The more superlative reviews we receive from drivers nationwide, the more the evidence mounts! :thumbsup:8o:thumbup:

• Just make sure you grab the roll hoop and shake it violently between adjustment. I did measure and record the height to check later after a few miles.

That's a very valid point. One can also step on the floorboard with one foot and bounce the machine up and down a few times post-adjustment. RABTECH showed off this technique to me @ SSITS. The goal in either case is to ensure that the suspension has had an opportunity to be exercised up and down and to then find its correct "rest" position after a height adjustment is performed. Recheck height after some such bouncing, and adjust again if needed.

• I am in Kentucky on vacation... You now have me afraid of the sling :. I have gone 4 on the front and 2 on the rear. I am taking curves way faster than I could before... Gonna click it up a bit and see... Best $$$ I have spent!!

• Sorry it took so long @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft to post this.

I ended up with the following setting, which worked really well in the twisties outside of Maggie Valley (Blue Ridge Parkway, Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, etc.).

These are with Bill's spring rates (250 front, 350 rear) set at stock height:

Front: 8 Compression, 6 Rebound
    Rear: 6 Compression, 6 Rebound

I try and keep the rebound at low as I can to make sure the shocks don't pack down over multiple bumps or ripples.

It's amazing what a difference 1 click can make (at least on these shocks). Going from 7 to 8 on the front compression really made the Slingshot handle and stay composed in the corners! Most cars (or bikes for that matter), the chassis gets really out of shape when you try to brake and turn, especially if done together (obviously not optimal). With the front end set up tight like this, it was great, even when braking mid-corner (again, not optimal, but back roads, following others, and of course, bad judgement). The only other non-race vehicle I've ever felt like this was my Lotus Elise.

The only downside is, it's a little jarring in straight lines (at 8 compression). I'm looking into the DDM Sway Bar, which I hope will give me the stable chassis with slightly lower front compression settings.

BTW, at first I tried them at the mid point (9/9) on all ends, and I thought my Dentist could here the cash registry ringing with the cost of my dental work falling out. 4/4 felt like a Cadillac (of course these days, more like a Lexus).

Hope this helps...

• What length is the string??? Very hard to see what you did..

Tie the string to the nut then loosen the torx so you can loop the string around it. Set the nut on the ground and tighten the torx to hold the string in place. The length will depend on your machine, mine measures 6 inches ground to the plastic. 15 Base with SL wheels.

• No apologies needed sir! Such excellent feedback is always worth waiting for. I am seriously enjoying how all of you are adding to the compendium of information here, for multiple points of view on a subject this, well...Subjective are precisely what we need at this juncture to fully explore the versatility of this coilover setup, as well as to give users a leg up on how to achieve THEIR preferred behaviors.

It would appear that we do indeed have something for everyone in this package, from the softest boulevard ride to the toughest cornering prowess. And to have both in the same machine, just a few clicks away...well, it just doesn't get much better than that!

• I've ordered these Coilover shocks three weeks ago. Emailed twice in the past two days stating if they're not shipping this week I want the credit card refunded! Three weeks are you fucking with me or what! Haven't heard a damn thing back!

That's unlike @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft

#02828 January 2015 build date.
    Here to assist anyone in the Denver area.