Thinking of buying a hardtop

• I have the Madstad Stinger top and absolutely love it! Would not even consider anything else. It looks like Twist took over Madstad, it looks about the same but? I also have a +5 windscreen with Baker wings and everything works well together.

Wonder if you can install a rear deck spoiler with that top....

• Personally, I prefer the solid structure provided by the Bullet Speed V-back Top and the Twist Dynamics Gen 1 (and hopefully the 2-piece Gen 2 Top) frames. It's been a while and I can't find the original post (don't remember which forum or date), but I remember reading about a Slingshot that was basically hit head on by a Toyota Sequoia (I think) and the Sequoia ended up going up over the Slingshot's engine compartment and then rode the Top's frame over the Slingshot. As I recall, the poster credited the Top with saving his/their life. I have a TD Gen 2 2-piece top, so I don't know if the frame is as strong as a one-piece frame, but the way I look at it, having a Top with a frame connecting at the outer corners of the cockpit should hopefully help protect the cockpit and whoever's inside.
    That said, TD offers a fiberglass top w/scoops for cooling air to replace the canvas top for their Gen 1 and Gen 2 Tops. The fiberglass top is listed at $695 and I don't know if you get a reduction in cost if it's ordered at the same time as a new frame. oddly, the fiberglass top is listed on Allthingsslingshot, but not on the TD site.
    Being low on funds, I've thought about fabbing a hard top using fiberglass or aluminum, but my canvas top is currently meeting my needs.

• I also have the Madstad (Twist) Stinger, and am very happy with it. I do not notice allot of shake/vibration, but acknowledge there is some slight....of course I've only had it up to 90 or so. In truth, a pretty solid design.

I like the Stinger as you can very easily take the two panels out in the winter, then only have the center section for almost top free cruising. Fairly well made as well. To me, the only downside is the brace bar in the cockpit, taking one of the cupholders. Got used to it pretty quickly.

I saw the new Twist top, and it looks very nice as well. Not sure how easy to fully remove the panels, that was my only question. Don't think you'd go wrong with either. Neither looks at good as the SlingShade, but much more solid.

• Madstad top here too. The "lost" cupholder just moves up a few inches - it doesn't actually get lost. Instead of an awkward reach to the back, you have an awkward reach a few inches up.

Pull two cotter pins each side, and the tops are off. Nice.

Mine is stable even at meaningful speed. No worries to me. There is a vid of somebody standing on the Stinger somewhere. It is sturdy for sure.

The Slingshade is seriously the best looking top to me. It doesn't give that dune buggy look. The floppy panels are discouraging to me, but as I understand it they are abs plastic that should last 1000 years. Bad optics for sure, but quality should not be doubted. Just not in the mood to fund a 2nd top at the moment.

• The only reason I bought the SS I have is because it had a top on it. I just like the look, reminds me of this

I don’t like sitting in the sun and I don’t really like sun roofs. This top has dark plexiglass so it blocks out most of the sun.