• damn you people and your recommended order of mods and list of regrets. Coilovers. Coilovers. coilovers. And so I see Hahn is having another Qa1 sale that started today and I'm just sitting in the airport drinking and prepping for oktoberfest and boom, now my credit card has a $700 charge on it.

Great first purchase, and you will not be sorry for that one! Kudos!

• Can you tell me if bobs tune is $500 each time it's changed? Like if I start with K&N air filter it's $500 then if I upgrade to a CAI it's an additional $500 then if I add an exhaust it's an additional $500 and so on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I believe Bob told me that it was $40 plus shipping both ways to adjust tune. It might have been $40 if they overwrote your set up at the dealer. But this I know for sure, and I'll tell you. Don't waste the time on the K&N filter. Does it help? Yes. Go for the CAI. You can get the DDMWorks one for $200 more than a K&N filter will cost (what I have). Injun (I think was the name) has one cheaper, but it looks a little cheaper to me too. Bob told me, CAI was the first requirement. Without it, you can't flow enough air. Yes, you could modify the airbox, but how do you tell him to tune for that?

That said, I started my Bob's tune with only the CAI. I asked him about the tune, because I had a 1320 header at the house ready to be put on. He said it would adjust from the CAI to a header and even a performance muffler with the tune he gave me. I have the header on now, and it helped. Still stock on muffler, and likely will stay that way to have the CAT. But it's gotten louder since the tune, appears to be burning out a bit but still no smell from exhaust. As long as you start with the CAI, you can change the header and exhaust as you want over time. Mine might have been a little rich coming home from Maggie Valley, but I changed the header soon after.

You might go to 1320's website and ask them about scratch and dent. That's what I got, and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. It was $150 shipped. If you are on Facebook, I can hook you up with the guy from there I got mine from and ask him.

• Greetings all. New owner here as well. Had my SLR for a little over a month now and I have read A LOT of information here. I've got the itch and starting to plan out what I have in mind.....but Jesus! What is up with these prices? Over a grand for an exhaust system? You can get chrome plated Hooker headers for a 350 for about half the price than an Alpha for a sling! I realize that it's new and the aftermarket is highly specialized, but dang! Oh well...I know I'll end up spending more than I should because they are so stinking fun!

Any interest in a 1320 Stainless Exhaust that I got right from a good friend? I promised I would use it, or pass the deal on to someone for what I got it for. I have the muffler (looks almost new), all baffles, bracket. It is the one that comes off the exhaust manifold or the header, and still exits about the same place. PM me, email me, or hit me on FB if interested. It will be reasonable is all I can say. With @av8ingtom

And welcome to the forum!

• I believe Bob told me that it was $40 plus shipping both ways to adjust tune. It might have been $40 if they overwrote your set up at the dealer. But this I know for sure, and I'll tell you. Don't waste the time on the K&N filter. Does it help? Yes. Go for the CAI. You can get the DDMWorks one for $200 more than a K&N filter will cost (what I have). Injun (I think was the name) has one cheaper, but it looks a little cheaper to me too. Bob told me, CAI was the first requirement. Without it, you can't flow enough air. Yes, you could modify the airbox, but how do you tell him to tune for that?
    That said, I started my Bob's tune with only the CAI. I asked him about the tune, because I had a 1320 header at the house ready to be put on. He said it would adjust from the CAI to a header and even a performance muffler with the tune he gave me. I have the header on now, and it helped. Still stock on muffler, and likely will stay that way to have the CAT. But it's gotten louder since the tune, appears to be burning out a bit but still no smell from exhaust. As long as you start with the CAI, you can change the header and exhaust as you want over time. Mine might have been a little rich coming home from Maggie Valley, but I changed the header soon after.

You might go to 1320's website and ask them about scratch and dent. That's what I got, and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. It was $150 shipped. If you are on Facebook, I can hook you up with the guy from there I got mine from and ask him.

The single most things that I found out for HP and gas mileage was the cat delete with the CAI with the stock muffler. At the time seat of the pants was way up and the MPG increased by 4 MPG.

• @FunCycle, I agree those help. I'll be happy to stage up side by side you on a straight away to show you the difference. Or let you drive mine at MV 18. I've heard about your driving skills. Glad to see others that hit it like I do. I'm sure you've seen Tombstone the movie.... I'll be your Huckleberry. Happy to have you lead me on any good and paved road, to see if I can keep up. Also happy to reverse that. Then again, we about the same age-ish, and likely come from similar backgrounds on riding/driving approaches. All good, and no disrespect here. BTW, braking is something I only do to set up for a perceived difficult corner. I approach at speed and throttle thru after entering.....

I still have both CATs. I've thought about the CAT delete with the stock muffler, but my wife is hyper sensitive to smells, especially fumes. I'm happy with my set up currently.

• How many of you self installed vs pro installed your coilovers

I believe most have installed them their selves. Not hard as @Bill from Hahn RaceCraft sends them to you at the proper ride height. If you have any problems just post and someone will help you figure it out.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Self-installed here, and I think you're gonna find that to be the majority. There's only one kinda tricky thing, on the rear shock, the rest of the work is quite easy.

Mine had one tricky thing. One of my spacers was nearly .010 oversize. The diameter wouldn't fit in the shock. I was happy in a way, as I have a mini lathe and turned it down to size. Likely a fluke for sure, but it was an easy fix for me.

Yes, self installed. Not a big deal.

• @FunCycle, I agree those help. I'll be happy to stage up side by side you on a straight away to show you the difference. Or let you drive mine at MV 18. I've heard about your driving skills. Glad to see others that hit it like I do. I'm sure you've seen Tombstone the movie.... I'll be your Huckleberry. Happy to have you lead me on any good and paved road, to see if I can keep up. Also happy to reverse that. Then again, we about the same age-ish, and likely come from similar backgrounds on riding/driving approaches. All good, and no disrespect here. BTW, braking is something I only do to set up for a perceived difficult corner. I approach at speed and throttle thru after entering.....

I still have both CATs. I've thought about the CAT delete with the stock muffler, but my wife is hyper sensitive to smells, especially fumes. I'm happy with my set up currently.

One hard stab on approach is all that I use about 99 % of the time, works for me. I do not know why but I have done this all of my driving life (bikes and cars)