Visiting RI, end of March

• I'm an hour north of Foxboro, and would be happy to meet up there if you guys set a date. Just to note, it's impossible to accommodate everyone's schedule, so it's best to set a time and see who shows. Unfortunately for me, I'll also be in FL March 20-26 (kid's school vacation). I'm also an accessory fiend (except turbo), so if anyone has questions, just ask.

• The more I think about it...I doubt he's getting $80/hr in March. Maybe I'll bring my helmet and some layers and see if we can talk out a deal.

I don't know if he will give deals or not. I have no issue letting you drive my Slingshot and see how the fast Gray runs better than the Blue :thumbsup:

FYI: Don't need a helmet in RI.
    Not sure about rental though.

RI helmet law is supposed to be passenger is supposed to wear one but it all depends on who you run into really. I have never been harassed or pulled over by a cop for that. I keep a helmet with me at all times regardless to say oh sorry and pop it on. Worst case its a small fine.

• I owned a gray one for a day... Then found out it was not legal in RI so I had to return it..... Chris and I spent the day together going to two registries and then met the administrator for the registry.. A few months after, the blue one was legal so I got it.

• I owned a gray one for a day... Then found out it was not legal in RI so I had to return it..... Chris and I spent the day together going to two registries and then met the administrator for the registry.. A few months after, the blue one was legal so I got it.

That was because RI was changing it over to Autocycle and stopped the sale because you couldn't register them. So you now paid for the slow blue one :whistling:

• [size=12][color=#000000]Funny story - I went to the school (back in the day) that Cardona currently teaches at. I pretty much know exactly where his office is. But, you know, he's shirking his sworn oath while (sort of) playing for the Pats. So I'm not his biggest fan.

Ya, I was just joking about that!! Lol!! However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that the Naval base in Newport, is the oldest in the Nation!! (?) There is a ton of history there I'm sure. Maybe a guided tour of that base by our favorite, wait ....... (one of 2) of our favorite Navy Officers could be arranged??? That might be awesome brother!!
    And as far as watering holes in Newport, I've been to all the tourist trap bars
    (Red Parrot, Christy's, Brick Alley,...), I want to go to the redneck bars where you good ole Navy boys go!!!!!
    There, I threw the gauntlet!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbup:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

Edited once, last by ConnMan ().

• Oh, this is going to be an interesting visit for all it seems. Note, RI only driver can ride without a helmet, but in MA both need to have one. So bring your own helmet to be safe if renting from MOM's since that is in MA. John has noticed that the blue sling goes much faster in the colder weather than the warmer. BlackDeath I think that all owners feel theirs is faster than the others colors. Just look at all the talk about the red being the fastest. It really would come down to drivers ability and what mods have been made. John loves to do I Racing on line and has a group that races every Friday. Any time we are out and he sees a sport car he wants to race with them. I on the other hand don't! Presently he uses back roads, but would like to take it to a race track and run it to see how far he could push it, but haven't found a track around here that will allow it yet. Does anyone know of a place in the NE area that would? Again, this is going to be an interesting gathering of Slingshot owners. Hope to meet you all one day! Be safe and enjoy! PS: It would be nice to get some pictures of the gathering as well. By the way, here is the info for contacting Chris Colarusso at MOMS South-508-543-1734. If he can't handle, he will make sure you are taken care of by someone else. Again, the place is a bikers dream to visit. :saint:<3

• Ok, gang. I still don't have my daily schedule, so I can't commit yet to a weekday meet up, but the weekend should be pretty safe. Anyone up for a lunch meeting in or around Newport on Saturday, maybe 11 or 12? Grab some lunch, I can give a tour for anyone not familiar with the area....whatever. Anyone free?

• Ok, gang. I still don't have my daily schedule, so I can't commit yet to a weekday meet up, but the weekend should be pretty safe. Anyone up for a lunch meeting in or around Newport on Saturday, maybe 11 or 12? Grab some lunch, I can give a tour for anyone not familiar with the area....whatever. Anyone free?

I assume you mean April 11 or 12? I can probably make myself available. Not sure about putting the Sling back on the road by then, depends on the weather.

• To short notice for me i usually have the kids Saturday's the wife's in nursing school and has clinicals Saturday's. So usually long day for me and to short of notice to get my sitter here. She's also in nursing school so pretty hard to get her on short notice. Maybe next time.

• Just arrived home from FL last night and catching up. John and I could not do today. Do you have another Sat. available? We are in Bristol so not far from Newport. Weather not good for the Slingshot right now. Welcome to RI!