Wider front tires?

• Has anyone experimented with wider on the front tires without changing their stock wheels? 225x45ZR18 is the stock size. I'm getting near to replacing the Kendra's and got to wondering about adding some tire contact width.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• Has anyone experimented with wider on the front tires without changing their stock wheels? 225x45ZR18 is the stock size. I'm getting near to replacing the Kendra's and got to wondering about adding some tire contact width.

If you like the looks then go for it, however the front is already over tired for the weight of the vehicle. Wider tires just place less weight per square inch of tread along with the other performance sapping side effects of a heavier tire.

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• If you like the looks then go for it, however the front is already over tired for the weight of the vehicle. Wider tires just place less weight per square inch of tread along with the other performance sapping side effects of a heavier tire.

...... nerd-squared

Plus, if you have plans to use a trailer, keep in mind that the stock track only leaves about an inch and a half (in total) to divide from left and right to fit on most trailers. If that's not an issue, then listen to the other comments and make your choice. if you happen to be going to any of the Slingshot events (Maggie Valley being the biggest), I'm sure you'll see plenty of Slingshots there that have the tire/wheel choice you were thinking about. I'm sure the owner would gladly take you out for a short blast so you can see for yourself how it handles the road AND the rain

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE