BigDog’s Delusional Rants

• I'm a little skeptical about the claim that unvaccinated are causing mutations. I remember there being hysteria a few years ago about overuse of antibiotics and that causing mutation of bacteria, not people NOT taking antibiotics. Same with bug poison, overuse leads to immunity.

Though I'm going to be absolutely honest, I"m a graphic artist by profession and musician as a hobby so I'm hardly a virologist.

...another hobby is being a ahole on political threads. :D

I think it is pretty much a known thing that a virus, any virus, can only mutate when it is growing and living in a host and transferred to a new host - - if there are no hosts there is no place for the mutation to take place. without people to infect a virus dies off and without people it can't mutate - - so if only or mostly the unvaccinated get the virus then that's where it can mutate

https://www.unitypoint.org/art…61-497b-91ce-1317a3396dd8

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• when you start off your post with lies and made up numbers its very hard to take any of the post seriously

COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough cases: actual numbers and data from States - - and a quote:

• The data reported from these states indicate that breakthrough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are extremely rare events among those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see Figure 1). The rate of breakthrough cases reported among those fully vaccinated is below 1% in all reporting states, ranging from 0.01% in Connecticut to 0.54% in Arkansas.
      • The hospitalization rate among fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 ranged from effectively zero (0.00%) in California, Delaware, D.C., Indiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Vermont, and Virginia to 0.06% in Arkansas. (Note: Hospitalization may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)
      • The rates of death among fully vaccinated people with COVID-19 were even lower, effectively zero (0.00%) in all but two reporting states, Arkansas and Michigan where they were 0.01%. (Note: Deaths may or may not have been due to COVID-19.)

so your 60 to 70% number is pure fiction made up BS - not even close - the far right on this chart is only 5%

Edited 4 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• What scares me is I am starting to think they don't know what they think they know, and they are all experts or so they think.

best bet is to avoid any information from any political source - both sides will lie. and also avoid any media source, they will also lie,

the best bet is to do your own research and to look for sources with medical credentials that you trust - - yes these are the so called "experts" and like all experts and all science they are only 100% right until they discover something new - - so yes they can end up being wrong, but if you select your sources with care you can at least pretty much insure they dont have a politically motivated agenda

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• interestingly I was looking at some numbers just for my own information on the normal process of getting a vaccine to market. Generally this is a 4 phase process, Phase 1 would be the initial testing usually a small group of subjects, perhaps 20 to 80 people. if this all goes well then a second phase where they then test it on perhaps 1000 or more people, and then the third clinical trial phase 3 where they increase the test group size to 10's of thousands of people including the most at risk for problems - after this is done then they submit it for the final phase which is the approval process which is all about reviewing the information from the tests in the first 3 phases - - of course this process can vary but this is the general idea. looking at this it would seem that in the entire process it is very likely that the total number of test subjects in the entire process would be well under 100,000 and probably less than 1/3 of that number in most cases.

now compare that to the number of people receiving the COVID vaccines that they have been able to observe - - in the U.S. alone over 363 million vaccine doses have been given and the recent rate has been around 853 thousand doses per day - - - that's a shit load of vaccines and a shit load of people to observe to see if it works and to see if it is, at least in the short term, safe - - - It would seem to me seeing these numbers that the FDA has way more information about the Pfizer vaccine to decide if it should be approved than they would ever get in the normal testing process of any vaccine.

will they change their minds in 20 or 30 years, that's anyone's guess, but that is also true of just about any drug that ever gets approval - - its always going to be a bit of a gamble and even now there are many drugs on the market that can have horrible side effects - - just pay attention to any commercial for any drug on TV and you will hear them listed and you will see what I mean - - putting anything in our bodies always has its risks and we take our chances - - heck there are people out there who can die from a peanut,

• just came across this graph on our local news web site - - very interesting numbers - - unvaccinated people are 37 times more likely to get COVID-19 and 120 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those who are fully vaccinated

120 TIMES MORE LIKLEY TO DIE!!

• just came across this graph on our local news web site - - very interesting numbers - - unvaccinated people are 37 times more likely to get COVID-19 and 120 times more likely to die from COVID-19 than those who are fully vaccinated

Ok, I am an idiot, but how did they come up with 37 times more likely to get it and 120 times more likely to die?

23 vaccinated deaths x 120 = 2760 and the graph shows unvaccinated deaths at 765, which would be around 33 times more likely to die than vaccinated.

3761 vaccinated cases x 37 = 139157 and the graph shows unvaccinated cases at 37242, which would be around 10 times more likely.

What am I missing? Not arguing that one should or should not get vaccinated, just trying to understand those numbers.

The other thing that I am not sure if it was taken into account is the total population in the area of vaccinated and unvaccinated people. If there are 3762 people in the area that were vaccinated and 3761 cases of vaccinated people with Covid, that is a high percentage. However if there there 10,000,000 in the area that have been vaccinated and only 3761 had a case of Covid that is completely different percentage.

• I didn't bother to get into the entire story being at work at the time it wasn't really possible Here is the story - link

• So this is what I came up with based on the graph -

If the total population of Riverside was 476754 people and 100654 were unvaccinated or partially vaccinated and 376100 were vaccinated the numbers work out to 37 times more likely to get the disease and 126 times more likely to die from it.

100654 unvaccinated or partially vaccinated people (21.1% of the population unvaccinated or partially vaccinated)

37242 cases

37% of that population got Covid-19

765 deaths

.760 % of unvaccinated or partially vaccinated population died from Covid-19

376100 fully vaccinated people (78.8% of the population fully vaccinated)

3761 cases

1% of that population got Covid-19

.006% of that population died from Covid-19

In that example the unvaccinated were 37 times more likely to get the disease based on their population, they were also 126 times more likely to die.

The total population of Riverside in 2019 though was only 326414, which is 150k short though to make those numbers work and I haven't been able to make them work with anything close to that 2019 population number and the population in Riverside has been growing about 3k people per year for the last 10 years.

Edward Neal thanks for the link!

• Dave@DDMWorks

you are welcome - - - - it seems to me that depending on how one wants to manipulate the numbers the results can be extremely different - in the end for me even if the numbers are exaggerated I dont really care than much even if the 120 times is really only 50 times its still a significant figure and worth consideration when making a decision on vaccinations

• Dave@DDMWorks

you are welcome - - - - it seems to me that depending on how one wants to manipulate the numbers the results can be extremely different - in the end for me even if the numbers are exaggerated I dont really care than much even if the 120 times is really only 50 times its still a significant figure and worth consideration when making a decision on vaccinations

Completely agree, I was just trying to figure out the numbers on that post, hate it when I can't figure something out. Now it is like a puzzle and I am going to spend the next 6 hours trying to make all their numbers work :thumbsup:

• Completely agree, I was just trying to figure out the numbers on that post, hate it when I can't figure something out. Now it is like a puzzle and I am going to spend the next 6 hours trying to make all their numbers work :thumbsup:

remember the press is involved in reporting the info and link I shared and with them you can never be 100% sure they haven't decided to fudge things to make the story fit the narative they like 8o

• hey Dave@DDMWorks

found a link - apparently the 37 times and 120 times numbers came directly from the mouth of Director for Riverside University Health System-Public health. a gal named Kim Saruwatari - link to source

and here is the quote

“We’ve spent a lot of time looking at our data and are happy to say that we do have a completed analysis for sharing with you today," said Kim Saruwatari, Director for Riverside University Health System-Public Health.

Saruwatari said the county has analyzed the latest COVID-19 data in the community to observe trends in cases, hospitalizations and deaths among vaccinated vs. unvaccinated individuals.

“The bottom line is that unvaccinated individuals are 37 times more likely to get COVID than those who are fully vaccinated in Riverside County. And unvaccinated individuals are 120 times more likely to die from COVID than those who are fully vaccinated," she said.

She added that just over 1 million individuals have been vaccinated in Riverside County so far.

“If you look at our cases overall, 91% of our cases have occurred in unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals vs. 9% have occurred in our fully vaccinated individuals," she said."

considering this I think it is possible that the press just added this information across the graph they printed and that the graph itself might not be the source of the actual data used to get these numbers - - like I said you never know with the press

• I have my shots and I will get the booster. I am going to die one day we all are but I don't want to suffer doing it. I also don't want think I caused anyone else to even get sick because of me if I can help it. Well unless they are Taliban

If the music is to loud you are to old.

I wonder how the age breakdown would go...

• I wonder how the age breakdown would go...

That is a very good question, especially given the fact that at this point in time virtually no one under the age of 12 is vaccinated and that they say it is the unvaccinated at highest risk

with the older people, that in the beginning were at the greatest risk, getting vaccinated in the highest numbers and before everyone else is this going to turn into a virus that starts killing off our youth =O

as a side note it also seems to me that people who are very young and get the virus and survive would be at the highest risk of long term side effects - - us old people dont have a "long term" to worry as much about

• That is a very good question, especially given the fact that at this point in time virtually no one under the age of 12 is vaccinated and that they say it is the unvaccinated at highest risk

with the older people, that in the beginning were at the greatest risk, getting vaccinated in the highest numbers and before everyone else is this going to turn into a virus that starts killing off our youth =O

as a side note it also seems to me that people who are very young and get the virus and survive would be at the highest risk of long term side effects - - us old people dont have a "long term" to worry as much about

Anecdotal but....

When my family had it, it kicked my wife's and my butt. My daughter (30) was barely inconvenienced.

Similar story with a friend of mine. She's 60 and is having a bear of a time with COVID and her 6 year old is doing very well.

• Anecdotal but....

When my family had it, it kicked my wife's and my butt. My daughter (30) was barely inconvenienced.

Similar story with a friend of mine. She's 60 and is having a bear of a time with COVID and her 6 year old is doing very well.

another thing to keep in mind is the fact that as long as there are new mutations / variants everything we think we know about who is at risk is subject to change