Under seat subwoofer?

• mytoy well that is what is supposed to be 8ga but it looks like to me they measured the whole cable. Look at the size of the cable compared to the 8ga wire beside it about the same. 55 years in the electronics field I know enough to know it is the size of the wire.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• mytoy well that is what is supposed to be 8ga but it looks like to me they measured the whole cable. Look at the size of the cable compared to the 8ga wire beside it about the same. 55 years in the electronics field I know enough to know it is the size of the wire.

I figured you know :thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• When buying audio power cables or any wire to handle higher current loads than 15-20A, always make sure it is specified as American Wire Gauge. I remember reading this warning a while back, but can't remember exactly where. I just remember that if it didn't specify American Wire Gauge or AWG, it most likely would be undersized.

Here's some good info - https://learn.sonicelectronix.com/wire-gauge-size/.

• When buying audio power cables or any wire to handle higher current loads than 15-20A, always make sure it is specified as American Wire Gauge. I remember reading this warning a while back, but can't remember exactly where. I just remember that if it didn't specify American Wire Gauge or AWG, it most likely would be undersized.

Here's some good info - https://learn.sonicelectronix.com/wire-gauge-size/.

you are correct, Just double checked and the shiny one says only 8 gauge where the one I purchased after says AWG8

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

OOOOOooooo!!!!! You might know this... (unrelated to topic so sorry for threadjack).

I have a Monster bluetooth boombox that doesn't charge the battery, It uses same type of battery as a computer backup power supply and unfortunately it will only run on battery power so won't do a damn thing if I plug it in.

Is there a power supply I can use that would mimic a battery? I would not mind splicing the battery cables and just using the unit as a plug in as it's my garage audio system.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic...

• @echoraven The answer depends on if the battery is bad or the battery charging circuit is bad. Most UPS batteries are replaceable and if the battery is bad it won't charge. You can get a power supply on Amazon but you will have to know how large of one you need. I save all the wall warts, the plug in to the wall power supplies and a 12 volt output one is probably what you need. Is that what your boombox is charger with and if so is it bad a not charging the battery?

Disclaimer If you don't know what you are doing and how to jury rig this please remove your Slingshot from the garage while attempting this repair.

• @echoraven The answer depends on if the battery is bad or the battery charging circuit is bad. Most UPS batteries are replaceable and if the battery is bad it won't charge. You can get a power supply on Amazon but you will have to know how large of one you need. I save all the wall warts, the plug in to the wall power supplies and a 12 volt output one is probably what you need. Is that what your boombox is charger with and if so is it bad a not charging the battery?

Disclaimer If you don't know what you are doing and how to jury rig this please remove your Slingshot from the garage while attempting this repair.

The unit is a Monster Rock N Roller 4. I purchased 2 and the charging circuit went bad on both. The first one I sent back to them; they fixed it, but cost me over $100 to ship and their service fee. I paid $99 for the unit.

Battery is good, I had purchased a replacement when I was trying to troubleshoot.

Rigging it would be as simple as stripping the not plug end of the power supply and connecting the same terminals as the battery. Striped line on the cable is usually positive, I can attach that to the red wire inside the unit (I've opened it up a few times).

:thumbsup: I'm not too inept. I did the entire LED strips install on my Sling, including the new fusebox. Still works and nothing has caught fire... yet.

• Sounds like all you need to do is disconnect their charging circuit from the battery a hook a charger to the battery. Since you have replaced the battery you can look and make sure it is 12 volt, most are, and what the max charging current is if shown on the battery. Then just get a small 12v battery tender.

• Sounds like all you need to do is disconnect their charging circuit from the battery a hook a charger to the battery. Since you have replaced the battery you can look and make sure it is 12 volt, most are, and what the max charging current is if shown on the battery. Then just get a small 12v battery tender.

I've swapped out the battery with my computer's battery backup. Interchangeable.

I'm not sure if the charging circuit is separate from the other guts.

Would I be able to splice the cables going into the battery and either:

1. install some type of screw terminal on the outside of the unit, to charge when needed

2. wire the supply directly into the radio.

When searching for a replacement battery the following specs come up: 12V 9aH, when searching for charger for this battery, this comes up:

https://www.amazon.com/Sealed-…ger&qid=1611856374&sr=8-2

update: Reading the reviews states that it is a single stage power supply with alligator clips. Would I be able to rig this as a power supply by hooking it up directly to the battery terminals?

• With out being able to see the the schematic to see how the boombox is wired I couldn't and wouldn't say. Sounds like there is going to be more to this conversion then just hooking up the charger. What is the make and model of the Boombox I will see if I can find something. We have really derailed this thread a major train wreck. Sorry OP

• With out being able to see the the schematic to see how the boombox is wired I couldn't and wouldn't say. Sounds like there is going to be more to this conversion then just hooking up the charger. What is the make and model of the Boombox I will see if I can find something. We have really derailed this thread a major train wreck. Sorry OP

Thank you! PDF of the manual:

https://monsterproducts.com.au…n_Roller_4_ANZ_Manual.pdf

• I was unable to find a schematic online for that unit and I am sure the manufacture is not going to give you one. It could be as simple as a fuse on a circuit board that only they can change. Here is what I would do. I would remove the battery and extend the battery cables to the outside of the case. I would hook the battery up externally and then when it needed charged or you wasn't using the radio you could charge the battery. Any low amp charger that will go to trickle charge when fully charged. The manual does not say what type of battery it is and you will need to look at the battery to make sure the charger covers that type of battery. Being 12V there is no reason a car battery wouldn't run the unit hooked up this way.