Great Great Grandpa

• 1912 Morgan Runabout

get rid of the rear fender and the tub looks very familiar

137217251_10164714299775693_9035792355968502589_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=Y-tgfu7eHM8AX8wGVy3&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=0b5d81dfc9fbab084420d45ffb9c8afe&oe=601C750E

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If I had a drawing / editing program it would be fun to draw a slingshot fin on top of the rear fender and then to extend the hood from the front of the cab out over the front fenders to get a slingshot / front mud flap kind of look - - - unfortunately I don't have the tools or the skills to try this

• Love the external shift lever and what looks like the fuel tanks for the headlights!

I was thinking that was a break lever, but not sure, Also wonder what type of lighting it is, perhaps carbide. I know that in addition to being used a a fuel on miners lights it was also used in some auto applications - - either way I would love to own one of these - very different from most classics I see

• I was thinking that was a break lever, but not sure, Also wonder what type of lighting it is, perhaps carbide. I know that in addition to being used a a fuel on miners lights it was also used in some auto applications - - either way I would love to own one of these - very different from most classics I see

I had a carbide head lamp when I was a kid. They normally drip water onto the carbide to make the flammable acetylene gas, so if they're carbide headlights, the container would need to be pressurized to force the water from the container up to the headlight. I failed to find any info about the headlights beyond the fact that electric headlights were introduced in 1924.

From the location of the hand lever, it appears to go towards the chain and gearing, but it could be for a brake. The early Morgan 3-wheeler had 2 speeds, but no reverse!

For more info, see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…eelers_(1911%E2%80%931939).

• I was thinking the water might be dripping on the carbide in the tank and the tubing carried the acetylene gas up to the lamp housing to be burnt - not that it matters

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I was thinking the water might be dripping on the carbide in the tank and the tubing carried the acetylene gas up to the lamp housing to be burnt - not that it matters

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

I guess that should work, too. It doesn't take much water to get several hours worth of light. When I first saw it, I must admit I was wondering if it might have been a kerosene tank, but then the light would need an obvious chimney and wick assembly, so a carbide light makes the most sense.

• I couldn't help but notice the marking on the rear fender "AF." That would lead me to believe this was some sort of utility vehicle for the Air Force, which, created in 1947, would be the correct era. I'd love to know the history of that, specifically, what it's intended purpose was when manufactured, since the nation's notion of a purely recreational vehicle hadn't really caught on yet.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I couldn't help but notice the marking on the rear fender "AF." That would lead me to believe this was some sort of utility vehicle for the Air Force, which, created in 1947, would be the correct era. I'd love to know the history of that, specifically, what it's intended purpose was when manufactured, since the nation's notion of a purely recreational vehicle hadn't really caught on yet.

its a 1912 Morgan - which is a British - - - so I suspect the "AF" may not be what you think

• its a 1912 Morgan - which is a British - - - so I suspect the "AF" may not be what you think

Thanks for sharing what it is and a very interesting read about the history of the Morgan Motor Company.

https://www.morgan-motor.com/history/

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"