New Boss Audio Double-Din MARINE Radio MRCP9865A

• You lose it.... that's why I wanted to add a system off the ride command and while it works it's not the same as a real radio with the proper channels as RC setup for left/right pretty much. Someone who can come out with a good higher end unit with tablet/big screen and integrates into ride command is going to make some $$$

The info screen I suppose I could live without, but what about the fuel/temp info on the instrument panel? That I definitely would want to keep.

• The info screen I suppose I could live without, but what about the fuel/temp info on the instrument panel? That I definitely would want to keep.

Anything on your gauges like fuel bars left for example would be visible on those gauges still. It's anything that's on the ride command unit itself MPG, coolant/engine temps, etc... that you'd lose. It's there, but no way to display it on these aftermarket head units. I saw a head unit that was on hinges so you could keep both so to speak, but not my thing.

• Anything on your gauges like fuel bars left for example would be visible on those gauges still. It's anything that's on the ride command unit itself MPG, coolant/engine temps, etc... that you'd lose. It's there, but no way to display it on these aftermarket head units. I saw a head unit that was on hinges so you could keep both so to speak, but not my thing.

Great, thanks for the info. Maybe it's time to get creative with a Raspberry Pi.

Glenn

• I was thinking about putting this unit in and was wondering if there is a work around to having the (AVC) working? I have a 2016 and face it the stock unit IMO sucks as far as the screen goes.

I assume factory radios with that can change volume as your speed increase have some connection (probably using OBDII) between the radio and the speedometer. I'd like to see an aftermarket radio use GPS to feed speed info to the radio to increase volume as speed increases.

• Thanks for the feedback it was just a nice feature to have. I think I found something while searching the web, it was some kind of modular but when I seen the price I quickly forgot what it was called and who makes it.

• Anyone have a problem with the media button mine seems to be locked out. I plugged a thumb drive with movies on it but it won’t play.. also where did you end up attaching the e brake wire (green wire)? Thanks

• Anyone have a problem with the media button mine seems to be locked out. I plugged a thumb drive with movies on it but it won’t play.. also where did you end up attaching the e brake wire (green wire)? Thanks

About the thumb drive. On a lot of car radios, they are designed NOT to play movies when in motion as it is a safety issue, that might be your issue.

• From what I understand is as long as your not driving and have the e brake on it will play. Tried that didn’t help. Also heard that if you ground the enrage wire that will bypass that problem. Tried that, that didn’t work . Any other suggestions? Update got it working and I also called boss and there are only a few formats that the radio can read I don’t have the list at the moment or I would have included the formats with my post.

• Welp, F! My Kenwood got caught in the rain Thursday at Maggie Valley and finally fried. Tried giving it CPR (Clobbered & Pushed Radio buttons) but no avail. Tried to reboot a couple times and then let out it's last breath. Hoped that drying out would help, but still nothing as of this AM.

So I'm back in the market looking at options again. I'm just really not sure of the Boss Audio quality. I bought one of their amplifier install kits and to say it was cheap and inadequate is an understatement. (In fact, I will be replacing it all when I redo this stereo.) I don't want to push it on a $300 stereo.

One of the reasons I went with the Kenwood in the first place was to have both front dash cam recording and rear camera ability. But at Maggie Valley, I did go ahead and purchase the Acumen XR10 Mirror from Rev Dynamics (also available on Amazon without Ram mounts) that includes front and rear cameras and recording abilities. Not waterproof, but it can easily be pulled off and stored in a dry location so no worries there.

So that means I just need to be back to a waterproof stereo. I really only use my Phone for Spotify, Pandora, etc, not AM/FM. The Kenwood had Android Auto that worked beautifully when plugged in. I could run both stereo and Google or Waze maps through both.

I thought about just a simple bluetooth controller, but really haven't found any I like (JL, SSV, etc). Then I would mount my phone in the center to use as the GPS screen.

For anyone with the Boss, really, how happy are you with it? If it were to blow today, would you buy another one?

Looking for other suggestions too.

• First listen after install. Stock front pods hump 6.5 kicker speakers no amp. IMO I found it to be loud enough for my likings would I like to add a amp? Yes I wired for it. I would like a little more bass but that can come after if I choose that said I think for the money you might want to give it a chance. For the people that like it LOUD go with a amp and sub and you might be surprised. Now take this with a grain of salt I’m not a professional installer nor have I heard other systems comparable I just like classic rock and roll. Options like to find balance sometimes had to find and when you turn the backup camera on while driving it has alittle interference as in humming bars scrolling down the screen for lack of a better description. You do not get these lines when in reverse mode. If you read Turbobuicks description on page 1 I find it to be accurate accept he left out that you still have to wire speakers or buy the metra 36 pin harness that gives you power, ground and speakers to be totally plug and play. I will post again after a few more miles.

• First listen after install. Stock front pods hump 6.5 kicker speakers no amp. IMO I found it to be loud enough for my likings would like a little more bass but that can come after if I choose that said I think for the money you might want to give it a chance. For the people that like it LOUD go with a amp and sub and you might be surprised. Now take this with a grain of salt I’m not a professional installer nor have I heard other systems comparable. Options like to find balance sometimes had to find and when you turn the backup camera on while driving it has alittle interference as in humming bars scrolling down the screen for lack of a better description. You do not get these lines when in reverse mode. If you read TurboBuicks description on page 1 I find it to be accurate accept he left out that you still have to wire speakers or buy the metra 36 pin harness that gives you power, ground and speakers.

• Ok the first listen was using the radio, I was happy with volume and sound. yesterday I used CarPlay. The sound wasn’t as crisp as it was with the radio so points off for that and also I didn’t think I needed an amp I now I believe I do. So I will get by for now without one because I’m so done with the install I just want to ride. As I mentioned everything is wired for amp so it should be a piece of cake to install, well for me maybe. If anyone can recommend an amp nothing to expensive with 4 channel for rca and 4 for speaker wire install because I don’t think I will install a woofer because I don’t want to give up storage and can’t find another place to put it anyway. I would welcome anyone’s suggestions. The next thing is a battery tray and battery I will gladly take anyone’s thoughts on those as well. Thanks