Big Green Egg - Grilling on labor day

• They’re a little different than traditional poppers but SO damn good. Just noticed the recipe section of the forum is no longer there...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Here it is again:

22 fresh jalapeños de-seeded and sliced in half vertically.

Fry 1lb of Jimmy Dean's hot sausage.

8 oz cream cheese (softened) and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese.

Mix cheese with fried sausage.

Stuff peppers and bake on cookie sheets 25 min at 425F

WARNING #1: do NOT cut & deseed really hot jalapeños & then go take a leak. Ask me how I know! :00008172::00008172:

Uh, gloves are good...

WARNING #2: highly addictive

Enjoy! This is a really simple, easy to make recipe. Great when you need to bring a dish for a gathering of family and/or friends. (Remember gatherings?! Freakin’ covid... grrrr...)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited 2 times, last by Tripod ().

• wokka one technique I learned is to orient the plate setter so that one of the 3 arms is directly opposite the air intake. This can prevent a hotspot at the back where the air cycles up, even when at minimal airflow (stop me if you've heard this one).

Looking forward to a pic of the finished product. I totally agree on the 2 hour rest, all wrapped up in a cooler. Great technique.

I had not heard this, but oddly enough, mine is almost oriented like this anyway, but thanks for the tip.

I do have his 'address' just don't know if he is in Texas or New Mexico. Don't want to send every one to Texas if he is in NM. I don't have his NM info.

Buahahaha, my plan has worked!

Notice, he has not invited anyone, just showing off his food. What kind of guy is this? How about letting everyone know and you just might have an illegal gathering at your house. Thanks COVID-19.

JUST SAYIN

Hope it ate good, looks great. See you in Arkansas!

Well, I didn't know this was going to be such a hit, we get past this pandemic, and I may just throw a little BBQ and invite everyone over for a tasting, hopefully next year!

We could just split up and take both locations!

Bring it!

• wokka and SlingLow I have never smoked anything, but hope to soon. Brisket is what I look forward to making most of all.

I am wondering about the "resting" in the cooler. What does it do? Also, do you reheat before serving? If so, how?

The standard explanation for resting large cuts of meat is to 'redistribute the juices'. The concept is to remove the meat from the heat when it reaches your target internal temperature, wrap it tightly, and place it in a container. Like wokka , I use a cooler of the appropriate size and like wokka this is not an option, it's part of the process. Mine will typically be wrapped in foil by the end of the cook (some use butcher paper) and I'll wrap it with an old bath towel or two then place it in the air-tight cooler. The meat will stay hot like this, continuing to cook without heat for a surprising length of time. After two hours it can still be almost too hot to handle. I've held it for 3-4 hours and still had hot meat to slice and serve. You can use this technique to hold your meat until meal time or to transport it to another location. The meat is definitely more tender. juicy and flavorful after the rest. I'm not Mr. Science so I would just say it's more yummier!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• From what I was told, the resting process helps keep the meat moist, it allows the juices to thicken and stay in the meat when you cut it. You want it in an airtight container so that the moisture will not evaporate, so make sure your cooler is a decent quality. Oven may work as well.

• Thanks guys. You said "cooler" and I assumed with ice or fridge. I will surely follow veteran advice especially if it makes it "yummier".:)

I am not any expert and only have smoked meats a few times, but the "cooler" is actually used to hold in the heat - - the insulation that would normally hold the heat out is perfect for this - - as mentioned above you can also wrap the meat in foil and rest it in an oven which of course is also insulated

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Sounds excellent, my wife makes poppers pretty much the same way, minus the sausage, but then she also wraps each one in bacon - - - I am going to have to show her this the sausage sounds like a nice addition

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies