Factory tires are not for automotive use?

• it probably has to do with the weight it can handle....cars are much heavier....might also affect how a car corners...

Which brings up a good point......had polaris ever said car tires shouldn’t be used on the slingshot? Could the heavier sidewalls cause handling problems?

• it probably has to do with the weight it can handle....cars are much heavier....might also affect how a car corners...

Which brings up a good point......had polaris ever said car tires shouldn’t be used on the slingshot? Could the heavier sidewalls cause handling problems?

considering all of the thousands upon thousands of miles that the members here have put down on their slingshots both on the road and out on the race track using automotive tires I think we would know by now if there were a problem.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• checking out my brakes on the slingshot and noticed that the tires are marked not for automotive use....LOL.. just thought I would share.

Well............................................the SlingShot is not an automobile? :/

Oh, and Birddog may have a point, this is taken out of the maintenance manual:

:evil:

Note the devil icon? ;)

Bill

• and I guarantee if you crash with tires that aren’t on their list....you’re up shit creek....and then what will your insurance company say when it comes time to pay....hope you weren’t killed...

so it’s Kendra Tire’s or nothing.....

• Disclaimer statement...

because tires.

Cheerios may lower your cholesterol.,

But, are you consuming with whole milk or low fat milk?

Neither may be right.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS: