Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• Thanks for the welcome V-SHOT. I lived in Indian Lakes for a few years back in the 70's. I lived on Willow Brook Court. I now live in Castleton near Oceana off of London Bridge Road. Just purchased my SS about 30 days ago, 2017 SLR in orange madness. I rode Harley Davidsons for many years, but after several knee operations I finally had to admit to myself that the old knees just could not be trusted holding up a 1,000 pound motorcycle. I went without a motorcycle for 4 years, but I really missed riding in the open air. If the weather holds out for tomorrow I will be going for a ride. I will reply to you in the morning . Looking forward to meeting you.

• Thanks for the welcome V-SHOT. I lived in Indian Lakes for a few years back in the 70's. I lived on Willow Brook Court. I now live in Castleton near Oceana off of London Bridge Road. Just purchased my SS about 30 days ago, 2017 SLR in orange madness. I rode Harley Davidsons for many years, but after several knee operations I finally had to admit to myself that the old knees just could not be trusted holding up a 1,000 pound motorcycle. I went without a motorcycle for 4 years, but I really missed riding in the open air. If the weather holds out for tomorrow I will be going for a ride. I will reply to you in the morning . Looking forward to meeting you.

We've planned a ride with one of our members staying up in Gloucester today. But Mother nature is playing with our emotions right now. Hopefully, we will be able to get out within a few hours. If you haven't been told, The Slingshot doesn't do so well in the rain. A little light in the rear!!!

• I have been warned about riding in the rain. Hope you can get out for a ride later on today. I am working today, so tomorrow is my only day for a ride. I would be interested in the Peeks of Otter (hope I spelled it correctly) ride. Seems like a great place. Leaves will be changing color shortly. It is a good ride from here but I would spend the night and come back home the next day.

• @DarkSquid James, is this you? (Brain fart) Hit me up so we all can get together for a local ride.

@KayTwo, @Slej, @av8ingtom

sounds good, but I am in Moncks corner SC at the moment, heading up to Myrtle Beach in a few. Taking off Tuesday to deliver the shot to @Painter in IN. Looking forward to the long ride!

US Navy 1990-2015
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
    better than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We
    seek not your council nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds
    you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

--Samuel Adams

• Not to deflate the challenge because I am all in for track day.

But I can tell you that a bone stock sling can keep pace with a modified sling on a road course. It is all about driving.
    But the best part of track day is learning what you and your machine can do. By the end of the day and 6 or 8 sessions you will leave with a much better understanding of both.

Now besides track day - is anyone up for taking some driving lessons? Like maybe Skip Barber or another school?

I'm in for a track day, as long as I can find track insurance. The last time I had to hold back because I couldn't find coverage. I really wanted to try drifting that long wide curve before the strait. As for Skip Barber School, that would be frickin' awesome,. Even more so if they offered a 3-wheeler class.

Macaws is right on the money about running the track. Sure, it's a little invigorating to pass someone, especially those cocky Invader drivers :D , but we're not racing, so passing others is not the goal. Tickling the limits of your vehicle and driving skills is the real goal and that alone can dump enough adrenaline in your system to make you giddy. That was one of the reasons I stopped running after the second round. I was too wired to risk another run without track insurance. I wasn't worried about hurting myself, I was worried about hurting my SS and anyone else if things went sideways.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• It's just a joke between the owners back when it was only Red and Titianiam ( Grey )

No bad blood between Eric and I man , we are having fun :)

• Okay guys, this is our only option, last track day of the year is October 9th!!! And it is at NCBike. Doesn't look at technical as Summit Point, but it looks fast!! and that could be a lot of fun!! I talked to Roger and he said he could make a group for us to run but we would need at least 10 Slings to make this happen. I know this is short noticed, but do we want to do this or not??

I need 10 no-shit, serious folks to commit. Don't make any payments till we know we can get get 10.

Go here and let me know if can seriously commit. To short a timeline for "maybes"...

• My wife and I will be in Canada during this event. I've never been on a track with the Sling. Would actually like to play spectator for this event...but...I guess I'll have to settle for Canadian Wines instead! You guys be safe. Remember, lots of pics!!!!

• Just throwing this out there...short notice. My wife and I are heading up to Gloucester to me up with @adventure4me for lunch at Olivia's. If you are up for it, head on out! Lunch with a Legend, once in a lifetime event!!!!! We should be there in a little over an hour.