All the noise

• Just an observation, there is usually lots of eager chatter when it comes to discussing making the SlingShot louder, but there is a most definite resistance to when folks attempt to discuss making the SlingShot quieter? I do not understand for I see this as akin to where some folks prefer their Harley sound as compared to others who prefer their Gold Wings?

Bill

• Well, obviously the majority like things loud, this is obvious when it comes to some exhausts and people who put lots of speakers/amps in, but what makes this ride great and this community, is we all get along (for the most part) and get to customize it how we want.

I do not have any speakers in mine, if I listen to any audio, it's through my helmet. I've tried to make my exhaust quiet until I don't want it to be quiet, the exhaust dump is great for this.

The only noise that annoys me about mine is my rear spring on the quad, it squeaks when I go over uneven terrain, like when one wheel hits a ramp before the other when pulling into a drive. Well, that and pavement that makes a lot of tire noise, why can't they put asphalt everywhere? :)

• I wear a small 1/2 helmet so when I ride I can hear everything around me the one thing I have noticed is that when I am in traffic or pulling up to a light with other vehicles around me and I hear a bothersome sound 99% of the time its coming from one of the other vehicles. Heck I have heard some sounds coming from cars, trucks and suv's that would freak me out if I heard them coming from my Slingshot and whats funny is you can tell that the drivers of those vehicles in their sound insulated cages are totally unaware that there is any sound to be heard - - - the same thing is true with smells that I get a whiff of in traffic and for a second worry that something is wrong and then I realize its from some other vehicle up in front of me somewhere

I have come to accept that with the wonderful freedom that comes from driving the slingshot also comes noises and smells that are just a part of being on the road - they were always there its just that before in a cage they went unnoticed. I also think that being up higher on two wheels these things are also less noticeable than they are down closer to the road like I am in the sling where my ears and nose are often right down near all of the moving parts of other vehicles

As a side note I love it when I ride past restaurants and suddenly get immersed in the smells of cooking bacon and other great smells

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just an observation, there is usually lots of eager chatter when it comes to discussing making the SlingShot louder, but there is a most definite resistance to when folks attempt to discuss making the SlingShot quieter? I do not understand for I see this as akin to where some folks prefer their Harley sound as compared to others who prefer their Gold Wings?

Bill

20+ years on the Gold Wing --- OEM noise of the Slingshot is enough!