Plus 1 Quad, Slaying the Dragon, MV 2020

• Maggie Valley 2020 is in the books , a great week in all with only a bit of rain. The icing on the cake for me was meeting up with Darrell, Killboy.com proprietor, who insisted on shooting a feature video of the Plus 1 Quad Kit with him at the wheel after reviewing Slingshots and Vanderhalls in the past, he found the Plus 1 to make a world of difference ! Watch for his upcoming feature video from Killboy.com On the Tail Of The Dragon, as this Professional Driver knowing the route like the back of his hand, rings out the Plus 1 on one of the world's most hair raising routes, Darrell and I both, were amazed as the Plus1 Slayed the Tail Of the Dragon in a way he'd never dreamt possible in a Slingshot. Watch for his feature video !

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/110283/ slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/110283/

2020-08-16 19_38_22-Window.png

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/110287/

• Beautiful machine! Isn't it funny that in states such as Arizona, among others I'm sure, that's still considered a motorcycle... lol

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Beautiful machine! Isn't it funny that in states such as Arizona, among others I'm sure, that's still considered a motorcycle... lol

Well - in California the Slingshot is still classified as a motorcycle and from what I have read virtually every State that calls it an "autocycle" also define an "autocycle" as a type of motorcycle

as a side note federally the slingshot is also a motorcycle for which I am very glad because if it were not it would not be legal

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hey kev please post up a link to the video when it becomes available - I will keep an eye out for it myself, but just incase your posting will help

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well - in California the Slingshot is still classified as a motorcycle and from what I have read virtually every State that calls it an "autocycle" also define an "autocycle" as a type of motorcycle

as a side note federally the slingshot is also a motorcycle for which I am very glad because if it were not it would not be legal

yep people forget, there are no FMVSS for manufacturing autocycles ,so federally they dont exist , there are only safety standards for manufacturing cars, trucks , school buses and motorcycles (and three wheeled vehicles) as motorcycles, So Polaris will never manufacture an autocycle , only a motorcycle, because there are fmvss. that allow it . of the 4 or 500 standards that apply to cars , trucks and buses, only 13 apply to the manufacturing of motorcycles (slingshots) they are;

FMVSS and regulations that apply to motorcycles, mopeds or motor driven cycles, including three
    wheeled vehicles are as follows:
    1. FMVSS No. 106, Brake Hoses
    2. FMVSS No. 108, Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment
    3. FMVSS No. 111, Rearview Mirrors
    4. FMVSS No. 116, Motor Vehicle Brake Fluids
    5. FMVSS No. 119, New Pneumatic Tires for Vehicles Other Than Passenger Cars
    6. FMVSS No. 120, Tire Selection and Rims for Vehicles Other Than Passenger Cars
    7. FMVSS No. 122, Motorcycle Brake System
    8. FMVSS No. 123, Motorcycle Controls and Displays
    9. FMVSS No. 205, Glazing Materials
    10. 49 CFR 565, Vehicle Identification Number Content Requirement
    11. 49 CFR 574, Tire Identification and Recordkeeping
    12. 49 CFR 575.6(a)(2)(I), Consumer Information
    13. 49 CFR 576, Record Retention

and all States Legislations that define a slingshot as an Autocycle , clearly state that all autocycles must be built in accordance with the 13 fmvss applying to the manufacturing of motorcycles. But there are about 15 States that clearly define their Autocycles , as an "Elio type vehicle" with full doors windows and enclosed cabins. in these States the Slingshot is not an Autocycle and will be registered as a motorcycle.