Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• Got another EDC for Christmas - - this one has a bit of a Sweeney Todd attitude

Kershaw Strata Cleaver - - just over 9 inches open, and a razor sharp D2 steel blade - - I Like it 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Picked up a new EDC to try out.

This will be my 1st Karambit knife.

I like the 8CR13MOV steel too - very sharp!

Not overly expensive, but the kydex sheath is what I like, because it attaches to my blue alpha belt nicely :)

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• This is a CRKT Provoke I had for a while. One of the fastest knives to deploy (not counting autos) I ever had. Kinda pricey but you can feel the quality engineering when opening and closing. Razor sharp outta the box. Can’t really see using it as an EDC unless only for defense / but it’s cool - ain’t that all that matters :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• This is a CRKT Provoke I had for a while. One of the fastest knives to deploy (not counting autos) I ever had. Kinda pricey but you can feel the quality engineering when opening and closing. Razor sharp outta the box. Can’t really see using it as an EDC unless only for defense / but it’s cool - ain’t that all that matters :00008172:

I have had my eye on the CRKT knives for quite some time.

it's quite a different style and feel from my current setup.

Wanted to get a feel for it, before I spend money on something I may never use.

I love tactical shit but it also needs to fit with my EDC setup and be practical in use.

Self defense is also the only use case I can see as well.

It's pretty neat however, pulling the knife from the sheath will deploy it, so it's in the correct hand, facing the correct direction and my arm is moving forward. It sure would mess up a neckline, wrist, tricep, bicep - disabling a perp in seconds from continuing an attack.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Used to be called the "Colonel Blade" but now they are "Regiment Blades" (due to a squabble with the original manufacturer he used to use in Italy)

Come it two flavors depending on the laws in your state. (well actually three, one is made entirely of G10) The folder has a double locking mechanism you can operate with one hand. I have had several of both ....angel-squared

A lifetime ago I had a chance to take a couple classes with Al Salvitti, the designer of these and the techniques that go along with them. For strictly self defense use I have not carried any other blades since.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• nice :thumbsup:

• One thing I love about the karambit style is the finger ring, makes it easier for me to grab from my pocket and more importantly makes my grip very secure much less likely to have the knife knocked out of my hand or used against me - I would actually like that feature on all of my knifes

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• for anyone interested - Knives ship free - deal - - knives ship free has two Fox knives karambits on sale right now for 50% off - this is under $100 and from what I have read the fox karambits are considered to be one of the best, also these knives have the Emerson Wave opening notch which will allow you to have the knife open itself when removing it from your pocket. these are made in Italy with high quality N690 steel blades

if I didnt already own 3 karambits I would be all over this deal

Anyway just thought someone here might like to know about this

• CRKT Bear Claw

this is one I really like the look of. I normally prefer folders, but I might make an exception for this

another link a little less $$

• here is another knife I think would be devastating - Spyderco Matriarch

too bad it doesnt have the finger ring 8o

• here is another knife I think would be devastating - Spyderco Matriarch

too bad it doesnt have the finger ring 8o

I LOVE Spyderco knives - I have had this one since 1980 -

Spyderco Police model with custom belt case for it. Holds an edge well and is easy to get razor sharp! One of the few things I have left from before my bride - considering she was only 13 at the time I guess that’s OK :00008172:

• Since we kinda veered off of the 2nd Amendment to knives - what about sharpeners?? I have been using the Ken Onion Work Pro..

I have had really good results with this. What do you guys use — recommend???

• Since we kinda veered off of the 2nd Amendment to knives - what about sharpeners?? I have been using the Ken Onion Work Pro..

I have had really good results with this. What do you guys use — recommend???

I'm really 'old' --- I have a 3 x 5 x1/4 in flat stone that I use and have had for 60 years.

• I have the Warthog V-Sharp in my kitchen to keep all my kitchen knives sharp.

I recently purchased the Grizzly variable speed 1" x 30" belt sander.

This was more for woodworking, but I purchased some knife sharpening accessories and this this is amazing for taking a knife and making it 'shave' sharp.

My knives can easily push through paper now. I like a 20° - 25° angle on most my blades.