Need Help on Install of Innovate SG1 Boost Gauge

• I tapped vacuum from the intake manifold, but any vacuum source should work.

Power/ground I did from my fuse block that I had already installed. This doesn't use a lot of amperage, so you could tap into key switched power from the power port in the glove box. I use that connection to trigger a relay for my fuse block and it works well.

I didn't connect my tach wire, can't help you there.

Make sure you get the turbo connections right when connecting, if you get them backwards, it won't control your boost properly, and can cause damage by letting too much boost go through (unless you have a built motor).

• Just finished my response to your Conversation. I'll copy everything here is case it might help someone else.

A word of warning - As of 2 years ago (when I did my install) no Slingshot owner had successfully gotten the control functions (shutting down engine if unsafe AFR/Boost occurs) to work properly on the Slingshot. This was reportedly due to the Polaris/MEFIburn tune conflicting with what the SCG-1 is trying to do to shutdown the engine. I originally read about this in a post from rabtech and I don't remember ever seeing any posts about successfully combining the two. As a result, the SCG-1 provides AFR and Boost info and can log AFR, Boost and engine RPM with the PL-1 data logger module.

I tapped power from the Yellow/Black headlight power wire added after the headlight recall fix. -

&thumbnail=1

It was easy for me to access this wire since it was an add-on to the original wiring harness, but I think it will be inside the harness for model years after 2015. I felt confident using this wire since the Headlight recall changed the load on this wire to around 8 Amps or so once I switched to LEDs and the additional power needed for the SCG-1 still leaves the circuit comfortably below the 20A breaker the circuit uses.

I looked under the hood and found a wire I added to the main engine ground point and I'm pretty sure that is where I grounded the SCG-1. Here's a pic -

&thumbnail=1

Here's Innovate Motorsports' video on Setting up & Tuning the SCG-1 -

This YouTube video shows how to set the Shift Light RPM value starting around 7:57 -

This guy also shows real-time monitoring of the SCG-1 data flow using a PC, but I didn't pay enough attention to see if he explained how he got it to work as I was focused more on setting the Shift Light RPM. rabtech posted to use the ignition wire off the 1st cylinder to allow the gauge to measure rpm, but I haven't been able to relocate his post here. I did find a couple threads form the old site - https://www.slingshotforums.co…ire-tap.7193/#post-149398, but this thread didn't say the color of the wire to tap at cylinder #1.

Here's another Thread - https://www.slingshotforums.co…ation.177947/#post-902963. Thione say use the White w/Brown strip going from Pin1 on the J2 (middle) ECU connector to coil #1.

Here's a section of the Slingshot Engine Schematic from my 2015-17 Service manual showing the coil wiring and the J2 connector to the ECU - &thumbnail=1

and here's a pic of Coil #1 where I tapped the White w/brown Strip wire at the Coil -

&thumbnail=1

I tapped at the Coil since it was much more accessible and only had to open a little of the wire wrap and then made my connection, insulated it and rewrapped it in the wire wrap I used solid wire, but flexible stranded wire is recommended since it's much less likely to break from vibration. Tapping near the J2 ECU connector will reduce the length of the wire and reduces the chances of the wire picking up noise from other wires.

Here's a pic of where I mounted the SCG-1's MAP sensor -

&thumbnail=1

Here's where I tapped a vacuum line off the Throttle Body -

&thumbnail=1

I don't remember which turbo kit you have, but be VERY CAREFUL to route your vacuum lines according to the instructions that came with your Turbo kit! Different kits use different routings for the vacuum lines depending on their setup/boost level desired.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.