Red Tail Hawk

• Did you know a Red tail hawk eating a carcass on the side of the road can look directly into the Slingshot as you drive by.? I did not know that until I drove by one today. He had a clear view in to the SS. In fact he was tall enough my wife could have patted him on the head as we went by.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

• Here in Indiana we have turkey vultures. They eat all the road kill on the side of the road. Not to many when you get into town but out in the country there around. Anyway most of the time there not afraid of cars driving by. Me and my son rolled up on one eating some left over road opossum. Anyway he was like 10 feet away but stood high enough to look us dead in the eye. He was not happy and started screatching. He took 2 little hops toward us and my son got a little panicky and we took off.

• Going to the trap club this morning I came around a corner and setting in the other lane was a turkey vulture eating a possum. The vulture took off just as I got there. I see them all the them just not on the road.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

• Here in Indiana we have turkey vultures. They eat all the road kill on the side of the road. Not to many when you get into town but out in the country there around. Anyway most of the time there not afraid of cars driving by. Me and my son rolled up on one eating some left over road opossum. Anyway he was like 10 feet away but stood high enough to look us dead in the eye. He was not happy and started screatching. He took 2 little hops toward us and my son got a little panicky and we took off.

Funny you mentioned this. The exact same thing happened to me minus the screeching. Big Turkey Vulture picking apart a dead skunk on the side of the road. A little to smelly to stop but I rolled slowly by and this guy was about near even looking me in the eye. Not quite, but damn big birds though. By the way, when a Vulture travels what does it bring for luggage?
    Easy.......Carrion!

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!