Do we really need sporting events

• my house has been paid off for over 15 years.....my credit score is kept low because I no longer have a mortgage history......so I get no “credit” for owning a home and not having a mortgage....If you owe no money your credit score is low. You need to owe money to have a score....the more you owe the better it gets.....until you get to a certain point. The more you owe means you’re being a good boy and paying your interest...to them. So they will reward you with a few extra points.

up until Equafax had their breach...their credit score numbers were always the lowest ....since that happened now their numbers are always the highest.....so if you wanted to buy a new car and the dealer wanted to charge you more interest or deny you credit they would pick equafax.... now I think equafax wants to be the good guys and have their scores used more than the others....

I don’t for one minute believe these companies can manipulate a score to fit whatever model they want. It’s all about the money....I’m Note surprised they are charging you to get your score. For a hundred years nobody had a credit score....and everything worked ok....it’s a new money making gimmick....your car insurance company now uses your credit score to do set your rates...How does that affect my driving?

Whose idea was it to force you to use a credit card to rent a car or a hotel room? You can not use cash...

using the card is not the problem, the problem comes if you do not pay in in full and then pay interest

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Member since 1982 - never leave home without it :00008172:

My oldest card is a old school AE Green card - - they have been trying to get me to "upgrade" for years, but I love my green card- - no fees, no limit, and accepted all over the world. Why would I want to "upgrade" to something with fees and limits just to get access to features I will never use? - -

• My oldest card is a old school AE Green card - - they have been trying to get me to "upgrade" for years, but I love my green card- - no fees, no limit, and accepted all over the world. Why would I want to "upgrade" to something with fees and limits just to get access to features I will never use? - -

With additional points and travel perks plus a year end summary that breaks down all purchases into categories is nice for tax prep. Back in the day it was a prestige thing to whip it out which is not so much anymore. They have been trying the same with me to upgrade to Platinum but unless you travel and do a lot of fine dining I can’t justify it either. Just depends on your needs to justify it.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• With additional points and travel perks plus a year end summary that breaks down all purchases into categories is nice for tax prep. Back in the day it was a prestige thing to whip it out which is not so much anymore. They have been trying the same with me to upgrade to Platinum but unless you travel and do a lot of fine dining I can’t justify it either. Just depends on your needs to justify it.

For me the old Green Card is just like old reliable - especially in places like the Philippines - - I have plenty of other cards including the Apple titanium Card - - which is actually made out of a solid piece of titanium and other cards for various types of points and rewards. To me the green card is just another way to carry cash - being a charge card they expect it to be paid in full every month (with some exceptions) and thats how I have always used it - - - I almost never carry cash and these days I actually use Apple Pay whenever possible - having an Apple Watch it is just so easy to wave my watch over the terminal without even having to even pull out my wallet or a card - - - I have all of my cards loaded into Apple Pay so I can just swipe the watch face to get the one that fits the moment (gets the best points) - I love Apple Pay :love:

as a side note if you ever have to depute a charge no one stands behind the customer like American Express - - they always take the customers side and then put it on the vendor to prove their side