Need a rocker ignition switch

• My new double din is in and the ignition start button is dangling through the opening of the switch hole the momentary rocker is going in. I was just about to start on the project. The start button goes to a detachable connector (which I can barely reach through the opening), and that connector on the other end has the pink, yellow, and black wires that go to the ignition.

However, the wires coming OUT of the connector going to the start button itself are blue, red, and black. Since black is ground, I assume the red and blue correspond to the pink and yellow. Why do they do this, just keep the wires all the same color so laymen like me don't get fearful they are going to fry something....

So what do I do with the ground wire? Since it won't be used because I am not using an illuminated switch, do I tape the end with electrical tape or is there something better? How about a little heat shrink.

Tape or heat shrink will both work

• THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY, IT WORKED! I've learned so much in here and you have all been so patient with my many questions, thank you!

My new double din is in and the ignition start button is dangling through the opening of the switch hole the momentary rocker is going in. I was just about to start on the project. The start button goes to a detachable connector (which I can barely reach through the opening), and that connector on the other end has the pink, yellow, and black wires that go to the ignition.

However, the wires coming OUT of the connector going to the start button itself are blue, red, and black. Since black is ground, I assume the red and blue correspond to the pink and yellow. Why do they do this, just keep the wires all the same color so laymen like me don't get fearful they are going to fry something....

So what do I do with the ground wire? Since it won't be used because I am not using an illuminated switch, do I tape the end with electrical tape or is there something better? How about a little heat shrink.

Here's a pic of the in-dash wires that connect to the Starter Push-button -

So, just to make sure I understand - You have the new rocker starter switch and your Slingshot starts?

One of the things I really like about this forum is the amount of useful info that can be found here. When I finally installed my Hahn Stage 2 Turbo kit after my original warranty expired in mid-2017, it was the first large mechanical project I'd undertaken since replacing an engine in my 1972 Fiat 850 Sport Coupe while stationed in the Army in West Berlin back in 1976! If I ran into a problem or area where I needed additional info to confirm I was doing things correctly, I found the needed info either in the forums or thru web searches. Great group of people here (with one significant exception).

Edited once, last by BKL ().