Odd vibe I have picked up being on the 2 sites...

• last I looked in- all I saw was- "it's too hot" (did they not test drive it, or do any due diligence?) Come winter, it will be "too cold", or "too wet"...... So tempting....... "get a Miata", but I won't :D There is still too much valuable information that has not yet migrated over here.......

When your feet pop like pop corn it's too hot....new folks are going to ask/remark on the same things all new people do regardless of what it is...I remember a time when a few of the OA's moaned and groaned about "newbies" not using the search function or why were there so many threads about the same thing...we are here to help the Slingshot community grow and thrive...without "newbies" that will never happen...hell I have learned many things from new folks....some of it even about Slingshots...

• When your feet pop like pop corn it's too hot....

that's the best description I have heard.... I say it's somewhere between 3rd and 2nd degree burns.... =O
    I know that's an over exaggeration... But.... If you've been a passenger, you understand... :cursing:

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• ok.... I have a confession to make....

Yesterday, I lurked on the dark side to see what photos from SSITS might have been posted over there... It made me smile to see, that nobody had posted (at least on the SSITS thread, and none on active topics as of yesterday) any pics, any info...... ^^

I was really surprised....

We have the best pics over here, posted for those that couldn't make it.... That group didn't think enough of the ones sitting at home or working, to post up.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• But what we really need to figure out is what happens when it rains? Where's the button to put the top up? As Dee inferred, many haven't even test driven a Sling let alone bought one. Also, the newbies are RUDE! I am buying a CAI off a member and a newbie threatened me because he saw it first and made an offer. It was for much less than asking price and had the seller eating the shipping but it was his doggone it! I also don't think he had a good grasp on anatomy because he told me to do something that I don't think would be possible...

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Edited once, last by aobfarm ().

• Absolutely awful!!! 51 minutes ago on the Darkside--brand-new post: slingshot down.
    After 51 minutes, the only response was: "looks like no one was hurt. Thank goodness!!!!"

Now, it did appear to be a fender bender-but that does not mean no one was hurt or in need of assistance.

I, for one, thank my lucky stars for my family on this forum!

• I have been on this forum for one month today! Many members I see here are the same members I used to see on the dark side! I enjoy this forum much better and i have noticed the members here are able to "let loose" a bit more without worrying about getting a "spanking" !
    Many members here probably think I'm a newbie but I've been around quite a while, just never been real active due to my scedule! But I'm going to try and change that! I recently went to SSITS 2016 and my wife and I had a blast! We have met some super awesome folks and can't wait to meet more and join in on more rides!
    Thanks to all the admins for giving us an area to just chat about all things slingshot!

• that's the best description I have heard.... I say it's somewhere between 3rd and 2nd degree burns.... =O
    I know that's an over exaggeration... But.... If you've been a passenger, you understand... :cursing:

Changing the exhaust will drop the passenger side temp immensely, we saw that 1st hand last July on the ride from SD to Wi. I have the Alpha side exit exhaust and @xd675x and his wife had OEM exhaust....had to be 30-40 degree temp diff for passenger side! Troy from Alpha installed the radiator shroud from the Polaris heat fix kit( because he and the entire Alpha Team are awesome) and that really improved the heat issue on the drivers side!

• @DKF Texas
    We talked with you about the variable at ssits, and left there with one installed and the uptone trio shipped home... it was an 8 hr ride due to gas stops, pee breaks, rain, lunch.... (we enjoy the riding... except when in rain gear...) I guess it was because of the driving hours, but i felt quite a bit of heat difference off the variable compared to the trio, not as bad as stock, but peaking at the uncomfortable level..which made me wonder how it would be in the really hot months ( It was 102 here yesterday, btw... index at 110 and it's not even summer yet. :cursing: )

However, we took a ride the other day, bout 2 hours and i never felt any heat. So, I think if it becomes a problem, then we will do the heat kit. Well.. most of it. Steve said he'd have to see it first but he believes the radiator shroud should have been designed for the front to force air in to cool the motor... and after losing the potbelly stove under my feet, and plugging the holes in the firewall, we havent had any issue with heat coming into cockpit. So, we really dont want to remove the hood... too many possibilities to create a new problem. We have an appt Tuesday to have the bearing checked out, as well as the belt/ tension. Got some noise in the rearend... and its not from pinto beans :|

• So, I think if it becomes a problem, then we will do the heat kit.

all last summer, I has a stock SL- Heat was intense, to the point of unbearable. Anything over about 97, and I was a pretty miserable camper. Now- the '16.5, with the complete kit. Night and day difference- Also have the 7" MadStad shield and the Stinger. Had Memorial weekend- temps to 105. Warm at the peak, but not unenjoyable. Still heat from the center console, by the shift- but not as much. Passenger side, lower panel behind the grab bar still gets a lot of heat from the exhaust- but not unbearable. Much less heat on the drivers pedal area. MadStad windshield a huge plus for incoming air. Stinger roof keeps the helmet from heating up, and that makes a world of difference. (totally not a "roof person", but with the heat reduction, I will make an exception.) Until the weather turns cold- I gotta sing the praises of the heat kit. JMO

• all last summer, I has a stock SL- Heat was intense, to the point of unbearable. Anything over about 97, and I was a pretty miserable camper. Now- the '16.5, with the complete kit. Night and day difference- Also have the 7" MadStad shield and the Stinger. Had Memorial weekend- temps to 105. Warm at the peak, but not unenjoyable. Still heat from the center console, by the shift- but not as much. Passenger side, lower panel behind the grab bar still gets a lot of heat from the exhaust- but not unbearable. Much less heat on the drivers pedal area. MadStad windshield a huge plus for incoming air. Stinger roof keeps the helmet from heating up, and that makes a world of difference. (totally not a "roof person", but with the heat reduction, I will make an exception.) Until the weather turns cold- I gotta sing the praises of the heat kit. JMO

we cut to size and stuffed 3" egg crate shipping foam along each side of the red trim along center console.. also temoved the infotaiment center and back behind that, I could get my whole arm through the hole and touch the engine... they must install the infotainment system through the engine side... only reason I can think of for an exact infotainment sized hole to be on the front and back side.. we cut and stuffed that area too. Also did the same to the holes on drivers side. And, Im ceryain the cycle springs gen 2 floor mats help with insulating us from the heat. Will certainly keep you all posted as the summer heat unfolds. Took possession in August of last year, and if we still had that stock potbelly stove... I guarentee you Id have learned how to drive a stick a whole heck of a lot faster.... :D

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• On the heat, I second the motion on getting an Alpha Side Exit. Cut our heat by a good 70% or more. Before the shifter would get so hot you couldn't touch it. Now the passenger side is so nice that we were arguing on who was going to get to sit on that side. Guess I need to work on the driver's side next!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

• Absolutely awful!!! 51 minutes ago on the Darkside--brand-new post: slingshot down.
    After 51 minutes, the only response was: "looks like no one was hurt. Thank goodness!!!!"

Now, it did appear to be a fender bender-but that does not mean no one was hurt or in need of assistance.

I, for one, thank my lucky stars for my family on this forum!

The sling in that post was not the posters sling...he didn't know if there was a wreck,damage or who's SS it was...0 info just a pic. FYI