Traction Control light stays on

• I see in your post that you make reference to the brake light flashers and trailer attachments as well. I have the aftermarket attachment that flashes the center brake light three times when you put on the brakes. Just wondering if that could also be a culprit for the traction control light…

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I see in your post that you make reference to the brake light flashers and trailer attachments as well. I have the aftermarket attachment that flashes the center brake light three times when you put on the brakes. Just wondering if that could also be a culprit for the traction control light…

Hard to make any real connection here.

Polaris doesn't share parameters of the ECU.

It's possible the extra voltage of the flasher may screw with the magnetic detection of the brake pedal being pressed/released. As far as I know, no one figured out why one Slingshot was affected and another was not. My best guess was the air gap between the brake pedal and the magnets. Add an extra electrical pulse and taa-daa.

As far as the traction control light.

Possible parameter...

Speed sensor detects deceleration.

Throttle sensor check shows reduced throttle body position.

Check for brake pedal actuation returns negative actuation.

Traction Control light illuminates for an intervention but then stays on for exceeding a timed parameter.

My problem was opposite of yours...

The magnetic brake switch in my Slingshot would not detect the brake pedal return to released position.

Therefore...

I used the brake...

Brake released but not detected released...

Accelerate...

Brake failure and ESP light illuminated.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Took my Falken 285/30/20 out for a spin to get the new off of it and the “stick” factor is much better than the Toyo hands down.

77 degrees at sundown. Also no traction control light since the new brake switch.

Gunna head up the coast tomorrow so we shall see 😎

• Just got back from 120 mile trip and the traction control light was off the entire time. I’m not so sure changing the tire has anything to do with it as a dealer suggested. I think changing out the mechanical brake switch is what cured it. For those that still have the magnetic brake switch maybe this should be something you can consider if you continue to have the same problem.

• take pictures of lights and codes.... at least you can prove some thing happened..

• did that make your brake lights stay on? I read somewhere about that issue.