Best Windscreen for Use W/Bullet Speed Top?

• Frankie55 I don't recall anyone having a problem with top/tall windshield and OEM exhaust. With the top and tall windshield you can add the Baker 'Air Wings' that attach to the top braces. post #9 shows 'Air Wings' attached to top braces. One reason that the guys changed exhaust was 'heat' on passenger side...if I recall your wife doesn't spend much time in that spot, so there may be no real reason to change the OEM system. As you've learned by now change one little thing on the Slingshot and lots of things are effected.

• Frankie55 I don't recall anyone having a problem with top/tall windshield and OEM exhaust. With the top and tall windshield you can add the Baker 'Air Wings' that attach to the top braces. post #9 shows 'Air Wings' attached to top braces. One reason that the guys changed exhaust was 'heat' on passenger side...if I recall your wife doesn't spend much time in that spot, so there may be no real reason to change the OEM system. As you've learned by now change one little thing on the Slingshot and lots of things are effected.

After reading many posts I was thinking the same thing!

• I received my NASCAR Tallboy +2 windshield a few weeks ago, but have my Slingshot up on blocks and haven't got it installed. Want to change the trans and angle-drive lube and make a new dash panel for a new radio. Been distracted trying to get my files ready for end-of year bills ans general holiday stuff, but hope to get back on everything soon.

• A lot of people seem to think that the cataylic converter cures this problem. Wrong, it just changes one smell into a different smell.

• A lot of people seem to think that the cataylic converter cures this problem. Wrong, it just changes one smell into a different smell.

And if you don't like one, you probably won't like the other. Personally, I like the smell of uncatalyzed exhaust. Of course, mom did drop me on my head...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

You are wrong on that one EjFord, Tall wind screens and tops do not go together, without some other changes. A Stinger top and a plus 3 inch ( cut three inches off of a plus 6) or the plus 6 inch you can not even ride in without fumes with a rear exit exhaust. Custom made side pipes seem to be good right now. The only exhaust that has worked so far without having to put up with the fumes. This was either the 4th or 5th exhaust system, but took the tall wind screens off and running the stock 2015 blade.

• You are wrong on that one EjFord, Tall wind screens and tops do not go together, without some other changes. A Stinger top and a plus 3 inch ( cut three inches off of a plus 6) or the plus 6 inch you can not even ride in without fumes with a rear exit exhaust. Custom made side pipes seem to be good right now. The only exhaust that has worked so far without having to put up with the fumes. This was either the 4th or 5th exhaust system, but took the tall wind screens off and running the stock 2015 blade.

FunCycle ??? with the top and taller windshield and the OEM exhaust do you get that much in the way of fumes?

• FunCycle ??? with the top and taller windshield and the OEM exhaust do you get that much in the way of fumes?

I do not remember with the stock exhaust. On @Summer Breeze's Sling we/he tried everything even with the Baker Wings. My new Sling II had just the +6 wind screen with no top and stock exhaust, it was like riding in an oven with NO AIR FLOW. So now of course it has one of my -3 inch wind screens on it. Something else while I am thinking about it. I got a letter today from State Farm, GET THIS they are insuring Sling I but will not insure Sling II.

• I do not remember with the stock exhaust. On @Summer Breeze's Sling we/he tried everything even with the Baker Wings. My new Sling II had just the +6 wind screen with no top and stock exhaust, it was like riding in an oven with NO AIR FLOW. So now of course it has one of my -3 inch wind screens on it. Something else while I am thinking about it. I got a letter today from State Farm, GET THIS they are insuring Sling I but will not insure Sling II.

Thanks for the info. FunCycle  EjFord I did notice that in particular the stinger top was an issue (with other than the NASCAR Style Windscreen). Another factor seemed to be many of the people had a turbo installed witch would add significantly to the exhaust (more fuel/more air/more combustion by products). Of which I have neither.

Your input is very much appreciated! I had my heart set on the Tallboy +2 and was going to order today but will hold, hoping for input on someone that has the NASCAR Style Tallboy or Tallboy+2 along with a Bullet Speed or similar top and using a stock exhaust.

Thanks!

• Frankie55 when I finished making adjustments even with the top and the Welter Duals I had plenty of air flow in the cockpit

Frankie55 FunCycle Slingshot has a very 'short' windshield (he's not tooooo tall) with exhaust coming out the rear. I believe the Welter Duals come out high in the rear slightly below the deck.

• 5 foot 6 inches

I'm 5 ft. 8 in. Another issue I have with the stock ripper is the top edge happens to be directly in my line of sight. I have a stadium seat pad that helps as it puts me just above that edge. Main issue is with the ripper has the edges tapered at the outboard ends. It was fine without the top but with the top installed the angle of the windscreen where it tapers deflects the wind in a manner that throws it concentrated directly into my face. As soon as I place my hand over that area of the windscreen its fine.

Perhaps the best option would be a compromise using the NASCAR tallboy (without the +2). I believe at 5ft. 8 in. that would put me below the edge line of the windscreen?

• I'm 5 ft. 8 in. Another issue I have with the stock ripper is the top edge happens to be directly in my line of sight. I have a stadium seat pad that helps as it puts me just above that edge. Main issue is with the ripper has the edges tapered at the outboard ends. It was fine without the top but with the top installed the angle of the windscreen where it tapers deflects the wind in a manner that throws it concentrated directly into my face. As soon as I place my hand over that area of the windscreen its fine.

Perhaps the best option would be a compromise using the NASCAR tallboy (without the +2). I believe at 5ft. 8 in. that would put me below the edge line of the windscreen?

Tape it up with painters tape on both sides of the wind screen and cut off an inch or two. Then start with 80 grit sand paper on a sanding block and work your way up to around 2,500 grit on the cut edge. I think I did a write up in the DIY section.

• Tape it up with painters tape on both sides of the wind screen and cut off an inch or two. Then start with 80 grit sand paper on a sanding block and work your way up to around 2,500 grit on the cut edge. I think I did a write up in the DIY section.

Yep, I have done this may times over the years on motorcycles. I was just sitting in the sling an hour ago thinking just that. Still was hoping to look through the windscreen as protection from debris. Its an option.

• FunCycle if I remember you like to look "over" the shield. That also make a difference on how you want the setup. Me -- I like to look thru, so the F4 5+ works great for me. Frankie55 did you sit in my Slingshot when we were in the Poconos?

Yes & I liked it and I don't mind looking through as long as the top line is not directly in the line of sight. Thought it worked well with the baker wind deflectors. But I now have the top & with the top the NASCAR Style has a cleaner fit.