To Boost - or not to Boost

• Did you modify your exhaust heat shield? I took mine off due to it touching the SC hose.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Did you modify your exhaust heat shield? I took mine off due to it touching the SC hose.

Yes, I cut it out as needed + some extra clearance to make sure. Easy with an angle grinder using a metal cutting wheel. Then cleaning up the sharp edges with a file. The stock manifold looks terrible when exposed. Especially next to beautiful paint on the DDM Supercharger.

• Wouldn’t a nice looking header be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, I had one, a neighbor hater, just too loud for the wife and admittedly myself. Would be fine for some, looking for a compromise that's a little quieter and still gets some kind of performance boost.

• Yes, I had one, a neighbor hater, just too loud for the wife and admittedly myself. Would be fine for some, looking for a compromise that's a little quieter and still gets some kind of performance boost.

You must not of had good mufflers to quiet it down. Just replacing the oem manifold with a header shouldn’t increase the noise level much. Your just allowing a better exhaust flow and then into your muffler down line.

• You must not of had good mufflers to quiet it down. Just replacing the oem manifold with a header shouldn’t increase the noise level much. Your just allowing a better exhaust flow and then into your muffler down line.

That's what I thought. I tried the aftermarket exhaust system I purchased, first with the header & exhaust, then with only the header. There really wasn't much noticeable difference in noise level. I really wanted to make it work but it was simply too loud using either combination. I would have been ok if it were tame at idle and woke up under acceleration. Tried it idling out of the neighborhood. Perhaps at some event down the road I will be able to hear different systems as installed. If I can find something that is somewhat quieter at low to mid range I'd be good. It could scream all it wants in the upper ranges, that's not a concern. I'll keep looking and listening.

Thanks

• Wouldn’t a nice looking header be better?

you are correct sir, I have been looking at some just not sure what I want at this time. I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere on here that Dave done a test with the stock manifold and some aftermarket ones. and the results were the stock done just as good as the aftermarket ones. that was the reasoning behind not getting a header as fast just looking at different designs and what would work with the welter dual exhaust. by the way hope to see you in September sir,

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Question for the supercharger guys. I have noticed since my install my idle RPM's have been around a 1000. Is this correct? I want to say before the install it idled around 500 or so but I may be wrong. but I feel like 1000 RPM are a little high for just sitting and idling.

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Question for the supercharger guys. I have noticed since my install my idle RPM's have been around a 1000. Is this correct? I want to say before the install it idled around 500 or so but I may be wrong. but I feel like 1000 RPM are a little high for just sitting and idling.

Had to check...so just went out to the garage and started up the Slingshot. OEM under the hood and 86,800+ miles and idling just under a 1000 RPM. Old and couldn't remember so had to check. I do believe that mine had always been the same.

• Had to check...so just went out to the garage and started up the Slingshot. OEM under the hood and 86,800+ miles and idling just under a 1000 RPM. Old and couldn't remember so had to check. I do believe that mine had always been the same.

thanks EJ for the info. wasn't sure if I was correct or not. could just be with the blow off valve working just seems like it was idling to high lol.

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

Ddm says 1000 idle is correct. I have an sc and 1000 does feel alittle high.