Flag Mount

• I was not all that happy with my old flag mount design. First pic shows out side clamp style but it was not straight up and down and moved back and forth on the single bolt. So got a 3/8 round bar and the flat metal bar I bought for the last design and started R &D. I dont have a lathe so I used my grinder to work the round bar down to 5/16. I used a file to have a straight edge on the back end. Threaded it for 5/16 acorn nuts. I posted some before and after paint pics. What should have taken 30 min took me 4 hours. Everything that could have went wrong went wrong. Working with cave man tools sucks.

THIS IS THE OLD DESIGN

NO LATHE THIS WAS DONE WITH A GRINDER AND FILE

5/16+ THREAD YES I KNOW IT IS ROUGH.

INSIDE PLATE BEFORE PAINT CUT WITH DREMEL AND GRINDER

AFTER PAINT AND FILING EDGES. LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER

OUTSIDE PLATE AFTER PAINT AND FILING.

I AM HAPPY WITH THE FINAL PRODUCT.THIS WAS FOR A 11X14 FLAG I BOUGHT AT WALMART. IT CAME OFF THE KIND YOU STICK ON YOUR WINDOW AND ROLL IT UP TO HOLD IN PLACE.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I like your DIY design. I have a set of racks attached to the hoops that I put a set of bags on so I would not be able to use your design. My approach was to use a clamp. a mast and some JB Weld to fill in an oversized hole on the clamp. All I need to do yet is clean up the excess JB Weld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

• I took the Slingmod mount and mounted to the windscreen brace. Did not think that I would like it there but for the 3 or 4 years now no problems. I do remove the flag most times while riding in the mountains. I do not need anything blocking my view.

• One driveway marker, two harness clamps, two press on caps from Lowe's and here ya go.

LC

Could you show some close up photos of this. I'd like to duplicate it. Thanks.

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606