First topless ride

• It looks to be a gorgeous day tomorrow and even though the SportTop definitely has been serving it's purpose, I need to admit that I am so looking forward after taking the couple of minutes to remove the top, to taking the Grasshopper out tomorrow for our first ride this season topless! ;)

Bill

• I hear ya. I just bought the GT about 3 weeks ago. My ONLY ride so far was driving her home from the dealer 3 hours..... since then she's been in the garage until ideal weather conditions and I get her just how I want her to make her debut on these Ohio roads :-)

In the process of having her in the garage for a few weeks, I took the top off, so now she looks like every other SS on the road. I searched for the GT with that purpose in mind to be able to flip-flop from top on to top off depending on my mood. She looks good with the sling shade off, but I bought her because of how it looks with the top on. I'll start to drive her with the top off because we're now in the 70 degree range almost daily now and then I'll put the top on when I get the spring wheels mounted up that I just received yesterday. I wanted to mount them immediately but the wheels didn't ship with lugnuts and the factory ones don't fit the new wheels, but it sounds like the stock lugnuts are crap from reading other members posts. :-(

Be safe and God bless!

• wjfyfe that's why we made the top the way we did. I have been enjoying the spring weather without the top because I also truly enjoy the SlingShot that way.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Best thing about the Top is the ease in taking if off and putting it back on - - and I really love that when you do take it off it leaves so little behind that people dont even notice. One of the things that really turns me off about some of the other tops is the roll cage / dune buggy look that you are left with when you remove the top

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• To each their own Edward, I like the dune buggy look :D

Mad props to Ruptured Duck, if I didn't already have a top, I'd probably buy his. I love my meansling bags.

In fact, I should have snapped a pic, Southwest airlines didn't know what to think about them, and put a handle with care tag with my baggage tag when I checked them yesterday. As durable as they are, they will outlast all of my other luggage...

• Justina and I had been contemplating of getting a pair of bikes/trikes when a friend showed me this video:

WOW! What a very different way of getting that alternative motorcycle experience! It followed that our friends daughter and son-in-law at the time owned one, that weekend we went for our introductory rides, the next weekend we drove the 150 miles and were on the showroom floor early inspecting our new future member of the family, (at the time we were unaware that folks in other parts of the country were having to special order and wait months to get their SlingShot.) Justina proudly rode the soon to be "Grasshopper" off of the showroom floor.

Do you see a roof in this video? A big part of owning a motorcycle is the wide open sense of freedom that they offer a person. During this early phase of ownership we were dead set against ruining that experience and besides, who in their right mind would ever put a roof on a motorcycle anyways, right? Also, the prices of the available tops made it very easy for us to ignore them.

Fast forward a few years and we have now experienced owning a motorcycle in a climate where rain is predominant for 4-6 months out of the year. In the mean time this new company called MeanSling is coming out with accessories that are comparatively reasonably priced where this hood assist caught my eye, and we purchased it. Quick delivery, quality product, fairly priced and easy to install. With this successful addition, we then started to taking more notice of the Sport Top, would it improve our riding enjoyment when it is raining? We begrudgingly liked the looks, the fact that it was easy on/off, and finally a sale price that I could no longer resist! Though the the primary motivation of utilizing the top has changed over time where Justina has found that she feels more secure by it's protection from road debris, it has provided limited protection from the rain and the sun, while making at times a more pleasurable experience by cutting down the noise and the turbulence when doing those longer cross countries at higher speeds.

That brings us to today, where the quickly and easily removable top is once again allowing us to enjoy that original wide open sense of freedom with unrestricted visibility, and when it is time to reinstall it, less than five minutes we are ready to hit the road. :thumbsup:

Bill

Apr 17th 2019

It looks to be a gorgeous day tomorrow and even though the SportTop definitely has been serving it's purpose, I need to admit that I am so looking forward after taking the couple of minutes to remove the top, to taking the Grasshopper out tomorrow for our first ride this season topless! ;)

Bill

Well, that day happened just a bit earlier this year as the Grasshopper shed it's top to take me the 30 miles through the mountains to and from work today............

Bill