New Hahn/QA1 Bolt-In Spherical Coilovers!

• 'bout Freaking Time!!!! You will not regret it. I promise. And as time goes on, you will be kicking yourself for not doing this sooner! Plus, I only charge Beer and Cookies for install!!! Don't judge me!!!!!!@av8ingtom and @KayTwo
    BTW: MAKE SURE YOUR SHOCKS ARE SENT PRE-SET FOR STOCK HEIGHT!! No a real biggie, but it eliminates one of the longer steps of the install. If they are pre-set, install is a relative breeze.

@V-SHOT do I just call and ask them about the preset??

• Dude, it began when my LED headlights got you your new lights, and your splitter LEDs got me my strips.
    And now Tom's stirring the pot, gonna get us all in trouble. You guys are already tit for tat on the trailers...I was a hairsbreadth away from joining, but my better sense took hold at the last second.

@V-SHOT and Velma told Joan about the shocks. Joan pressured me into buying the shocks, and I gave in to the pressure. I still want your valve cover @KayTwo. Hopefully I will get to meet @Painter in Maggie Valley and have him do a valve cover and coil cover for me.

• Realize I am late to answering some of the questions in here but will add my experience for others that are contemplating their purchase. I was fortunate enough to get in on the initial buy as I was looking for the most cost effective option for improving ride quality. I went with the two way adjustable package primarily because I am not one that constantly tweaks my ride. Once I find something that works I stick with it and while triple adjustable is obviously "more adjustable" I was confident I could find a setting that met my needs with the double's while still improving the ride over stock by a large margin. That's exactly what happened. The ride is more than 100% better over stock and as I assumed, once I dialed them in for ride height and firmness I have not touched them in more than 3K miles of riding. They are excellent and some of the roads in my neck of the woods are incredibly rough.

As for the bearings. I assumed they would make life easier when changing ride height but again, I knew once the height was set they would be locked down for eternity so I saved a few bucks and bought some cold beverages instead. Because mine were one of the first round sent out with preset stock ride height they were off a bit. As Hahn did more setups they determined that the initial setups needed some tweaking to match the factory height. I found that it was no big deal even without the bearings. I had to adjust mine quite a bit to get to actual stock height and it was very easy to do. I think if I can do it almost anyone should be able to do it so if every dollar counts and you want to save those bucks for the next mod I say go for it. There are some very good hints in this thread for measuring before and after installing the new shocks to get them setup but assume by now if you ask them to be preset to stock ride height there will be very little adjustment required after install making the bearings that much less of a requirement. Definitely get them if you think ride height is something you will be tinkering with on a regular basis. I am a set it and forget it type of operator.......

Really like my QA1's. Regardless of which setup you go with realize that the stock shocks really are garbage on these things and would hope as time goes by Polaris will upgrade the factory units with a little better shock package in the future.

• Next thing you guys are defiantly going to want to add is a heavy duty adjustable sway bar!
    After that you will have race car quality handling

@MACAWS - Mitch, I'm looking at the sway bar on DDM right now. If I am totally stock (in that area of the Sling), can I just order the sway bar, or do I also need the sway bar end links and the sway bar mount brackets in order to install the upgraded sway bar?

• @MACAWS - Mitch, I'm looking at the sway bar on DDM right now. If I am totally stock (in that area of the Sling), can I just order the sway bar, or do I also need the sway bar end links and the sway bar mount brackets in order to install the upgraded sway bar?

I am 99% sure you can get away with just the swat bar. I think the diameter is the same as stock just heavier material. I would drop a line tomorrow to double check.
    You may also want to check Alpha theirs looks like an exact swap and is adjustable by using different holes in the bar. I don't have any experience with the Alpha version. But I love the improved handling wit the DDM.
    But what would I know I drive like an old lady

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am 99% sure you can get away with just the swat bar. I think the diameter is the same as stock just heavier material. I would drop a line tomorrow to double check.You may also want to check Alpha theirs looks like an exact swap and is adjustable by using different holes in the bar. I don't have any experience with the Alpha version. But I love the improved handling wit the DDM.

An old lady with 382 WHP!!!!!!! :00008172:

• I am 99% sure you can get away with just the sway bar. I think the diameter is the same as stock just heavier material. I would drop a line tomorrow to double check.You may also want to check Alpha theirs looks like an exact swap and is adjustable by using different holes in the bar. I don't have any experience with the Alpha version. But I love the improved handling wit the DDM.

Oh, bullshit. Most old ladies I know don't change out their tires every oil change.

Hey, so, what difference do you feel when you change which setting you use in the sway bar? Does it matter enough to notice if you're not on the track?

• Oh, bullshit. Most old ladies I know don't change out their tires every oil change.
    Hey, so, what difference do you feel when you change which setting you use in the sway bar? Does it matter enough to notice if you're not on the track?

Somebody got bit by the MOD MONSTER!!!!! Seriously though, you will be able to feel the difference with all the new upgrades. From what I have read and know about the Sway Bar, you will be able to eliminate most (if not all) of the body sway. A tighter ride in the twisties!!! Coupled with the QA1s, you'll have a more controlled-type ride. Now all you need is the 305 in the back...icing on the cake!!!! More beef on the street!

• @V-SHOT MOD Monster has nothing to do with it. My ass comfort riding in Murphy is the primary guidance. And since we didn't buy the trailer, I figured my comfort could take priority. :rolleyes:

Now, for those snickering at the idea of ass comfort ( @Tripod @KayTwo, and a few others), we are talking seats and all, not lube and toys, get your minds out of the gutter. :00007956:

• Oh, I didn't tell you Velma dropped her credit card at the bar Friday night? :00008172:

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!

MOD Monster has nothing to do with it. My ass comfort riding in Murphy is the primary guidance. And since we didn't buy the trailer, I figured my comfort could take priority. :rolleyes:

Now, for those snickering at the idea of ass comfort ( Tripod @KayTwo, and a few others), we are talking seats and all, not lube and toys, get your minds out of the gutter. :00007956:

(Snicker) She said ass!!! Throw in the sprinkles, and..and..and.........I think I need a cigarette!!

• Oh, bullshit. Most old ladies I know don't change out their tires every oil change.

Murphy is not that far away - I will let you take it for a spin so you can get a feel for the entire package.
    But I am holding @sideseatdriver hostage until you bring it back in one piece.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Murphy is not that far away - I will let you take it for a spin so you can get a feel for the entire package.But I am holding @sideseatdriver hostage until you bring it back in one piece.

She wants it done *for* Murphy. I'm already doing the seats and shocks in preparation. I may just bite the bullet and get the bar by itself for now, and see if I can figure out he install. I can always tweak it later if needed.

• According to the DDM site you can buy just the bar.
    There goes my dream of holding @sideseatdriver hostage.
    We can handle the install no problem

If you're serious about driving your Slingshot and want to further enhance handling during aggressive driving... the DDMWorks Adjustable Sway Bar is a must have mod. Sway Bars are often referred to as (anti sway bars or anti roll bars) and are designed to prevent body lean when cornering. We kept the same outside diameter as the stock sway bar, but increased the wall thickness. By doing so, we increased the stiffness of the sway bar by about 30%, while still being able to use the stock mounts and end links. While the Sway Bar is a great start to upgrading your Polaris Slingshot suspension.. we highly recommend that this product is paired with the DDMWorks adjustable end links, and polyurethane sway bar mounts for maximum performance.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• She wants it done *for* Murphy. I'm already doing the seats and shocks in preparation. I may just bite the bullet and get the bar by itself for now, and see if I can figure out he install. I can always tweak it later if needed.

We can figure out the install together. I installed the sway bar on my Spyder. Same concept.

EDIT: Didn't see you post @MACAWS

• According to the DDM site you can buy just the bar.
    There goes my dream of holding @sideseatdriver hostage.
    We can handle the install no problem

Careful, she might like it too much, especially if you are in a uniform. :00008356:

I saw the description on the website, but what it doesn't tell me is the difference between the multiple attachment points. I checked the other threads with "Sway Bar" in the title, but no details. I think we'll end up doing it, it would just be nice if I could do it once and get it right the first time.

Thank you for all the help!