Check Engine Code O 0520230 31

• I have looked through the forums here about the check engine code O 0520230 31. On my 2016 SL/LE model this has nothing to do with turning the key to accessory first before starting the slingshot. Mine comes on after it has been started and I have driven it a few miles. And I did not turn it to the accessory first. When it happens I have no cruise control and the ESP Intervention Light comes on. I have no check engine light. I used to be able to clear it after turning of the slingshot and let it sit for a few minutes. That is not the case now as I have this all the time. Any suggestions. Taken to dealership twice and was told about the accessory bit. Don't want to waste my time driving an hour one way to have them tell me the same thing again. :cursing::cursing:

Edited once, last by Blueram2500: Well after some trial and error I figured out what is causing my 2016 slingshot to display the check engine code even if I didn't turn the key to the accessory position. If I do not start the vehicle immediately after turning the key to the start position I will end up with the check engine error code and I will not have any cruise control and my ESP Intervention indicator will light up also. Do not know what causes this to happen but I have had no issues ever since I turn on the slingshot immediately after turning the key to start. So if anyone has this same issue try the above procedure to see if it cures it. Info for you @Ross. ().

• it's an undocumented code - typically, as you know, it happens when the key is left in the acc position

Best advice i have would be to find a better dealer. If they aren't hooking it up to digatl wrench to get all of the codes and file a ticket arrrgggg. If i took it to the dealer twice and they could not fix it I would be looking for a dealer that is willing to contact Polaris to get it fixed

Having a Grade A dealer is one of the most important things to have when owning a Slingshot IMHO

PS. Welcome aboard @Blueram2500 - looking forward to pictures of your ride and adventures

• totally understand. Our original dealer is 15 minutes away but after several unfortunate conversations with the shop manager about speed sensors, fairing cracks, etc. we now travel 2 hours one way to go to a dealer that is absolutely incredible and treats us right

Good luck - keep us posted

• totally understand. Our original dealer is 15 minutes away but after several unfortunate conversations with the shop manager about speed sensors, fairing cracks, etc. we now travel 2 hours one way to go to a dealer that is absolutely incredible and treats us right

Good luck - keep us posted

@Ross, where is your dealer that you use? Two hrs which way from Madison? I am on Mn, Wi boarder near LaCrosse and may have to look for a good dealer

• Lake Villa, IL ...... Nielsen Enterprises
    Who are you using?

Right now trying Rods Ride On in La Crosse but I had a disagreement with the sling tech. Asked him to leave the drive belt at about 1" of slack when he put the swingarm on, I explained why and he got rather huffy. Wont hold that against him and will see how it goes on the next visit. just don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about him. :/

• @exharleyrider If you are looking for a great dealer I recommend Scott Riley (owner) @ Sport Rider Inc, he is located in Altoona WI so ~60 miles ride for you, it is ~120 miles ride for me and I don't regret it one bit instead I enjoy going there since there are tons of fun backroads that can take me there and I am sure the same can be said for you.

Also one thing to note and I think is the reason why Sport rider is so great is because both Scott and His wife are slingshot owners/riders/enthusiast from day 1 so is not like they just see the slingshot as something they sell but rather something they enjoy and know a lot about since they both use it everyday even when it is too damn cold......

His handle here is @xd675x but I don't know how often he checks the forums but for sure give him a call.

If nothing else come up for a saturday ride and check them out, last year he had an organized ride once per month can't remember which saturday but normally posted on his FB page and our MN page.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• That code is: "Lack of Turbo Installation. See authorized dealer." :P

No really, that code is not in the book, but...obviously something is triggering the light to come on. Would want to plug it into Digital wrench to check a few things. You could double check wheel speed sensors to make sure they are not damaged/dirty,
    and there is a ground connection for the ESP system with 2 black wires connected to it (not sure where, just shows in the diagram, check to see it's got good connection/wires aren't damaged. Other than that we'd need it here to drive it and see what's
    going on.

We are still planning on monthly rides. We also have a DEMO day coming up April 28th. Stop by our FB page for more info. It'd be cool to see a bunch of owner's show up to hang out and meet new people.

-Scott

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

Edited once, last by xd675x ().