How smart is the ECU on our SS's?

• While doing some reading on the forum I came across a comment in a thread that said "once you boost your sling the first two gears are useless".

Having had the opportunity to ride a SS that is boosted I can understand the statement to a point but it got me to thinking.

On other motorcycles the ECU's always know what gear the bike is in. We can control the boost, nitrous, timing, rev limit ect, per gear so to speak.

Does our SS ECU know what gear we are in?

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I race an ole ZX-14 powered top gas bike and it is normally aspirated but I am familiar with some of the one's that have boost and or nitrous. I was just wondering if maybe we could control the boost per gear and make our SS hp a little more manageable in the lower gears.

We have a big race going on in Valdosta GA next weekend. Should be a lot of entries there. I believe the last one was around 800. Some of those were bikes that were entered in more than one class but still a lot of bikes.

Come on down and hang out with us for the weekend!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I was curious if the ss you rode was turbo or SC. They wind up differently, but the boost can be controlled but AF mix needs to be on spot. The rpm band is so fast in the low gears doesn't leave much room for adjustment.

• I bought my 2015 in December of 2014. make a long story short because there is a ton of discussions about this problem on this site. Polaris made their ecu for the Ecotec engine instead of using the one from the manufacturer of the engine. Since I bought my 2015 I must have had the ECU reflashed at least 5 times by Polaris because of runaway engine Rev. That's why Bob came out with his own tune but it's going to you $500 to have this issue fixed. My machine still hangs the rev when shifting up or down. Meaning if I shif at 2500k for example the revs stay there even after shifting when they should be at 1500. So in traffic the machine will still maintain its speed instead of decreasing after down shifting. So I need to clutch to slow the vehicle down.

• I bought my 2015 in December of 2014. make a long story short because there is a ton of discussions about this problem on this site. Polaris made their ecu for the Ecotec engine instead of using the one from the manufacturer of the engine. Since I bought my 2015 I must have had the ECU reflashed at least 5 times by Polaris because of runaway engine Rev. That's why Bob came out with his own tune but it's going to you $500 to have this issue fixed. My machine still hangs the rev when shifting up or down. Meaning if I shif at 2500k for example the revs stay there even after shifting when they should be at 1500. So in traffic the machine will still maintain its speed instead of decreasing after down shifting. So I need to clutch to slow the vehicle down.

That sux!

Since I will be boosting ours right away it will have to have a tune anyway. Thankfully I have not experienced that issue yet.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868