Speaker Brands

• I have always been an audio system type of person. Back in the day, i even did audio competitions for a few years.

I use suncoast sound in Monroe, La for purchasing and installation. They are high but are true professionals when it comes to audio installation and customer service. I'm not a do it yourself type of person.

I'm friends with the owner, I pulled up on the sling the other day. He met me in the parking lot and designed a system. The quote he gave a included a new brand I'm not familiar with, Focal, for the component sets. The rest of the system is JL Audio, for the amps and subs which I am very familiar with.

Has anyone had any experience with Focal? Online sources all say they are high end speakers with great reviews.

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.

• @Drew71646 - something to consider - JL marine speakers and the JL Media Master waterproof head unit. Just came out in January. When paired with JL speakers it is awesome !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Drew71646, Explore their website http://www.focal-america.com
    You will be impressed with the systems they offer. I have to agree with you on the price...but you definitely get what you pay for. In this case, you get a helluva' bang for your buck! I've witnessed the quality up front and personal. You will not be disappointed. Now I am officially jealous...but in a good way!!! If this is your choice, congratulations my friend.

• Focal has been around a little while. I used to do USAC and IASCA competitions for awhile and when I was getting out of that they were just becoming the go to brand. I didn't realize they had a water resistant product though. For the price of Focal, I would make sure you are getting something that won't get damaged by a wash or some rain. Just my 2 cents.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Soon as the sling gets back from getting its new 1320 header, exhaust, and led headlights it is headed to the audio shop. Thanks, @Br4hm4 and @V-SHOT for the positive comments on the brand. They don't have a "marine" category but my dealer says he will make it right if I have any water issues. They have done 2 in the last year with no problems. @Bill Martin, I wish I could add the new JL screen, but I'm already into the system 3K. I'm afraid any extra would give my wife an extra reason to collect my life insurance early!

Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for cowards.