Bugzilla's supercharged destroked 2.4L build

• Loved reading this thread, except for one thing. RPM is the correct term, RPMS or RPM's is not correct. It is Revolutions Per Minute. Only one minute is measured, not several minutes.

I'll go hide now, but I will still read the thread because y'all are really smart people doing what I wished I could do.

LC

Well you didnt mention "RPMs" (note the lowercase s / no apostrophe) so I guess I am still good!

• Currently breaking in my new motor. I wish I could just pay someone to baby the dang thing around town and in the country at varying speeds for 500 miles...

I'm ready to turn up the boost and get some dyno time logged.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Currently breaking in my new motor. I wish I could just pay someone to baby the dang thing around town and in the country at varying speeds for 500 miles...

I'm ready to turn up the boost and get some dyno time logged.

I'm doing the same @TravAZ . It drives me nuts but worth it in the long run. I jumped on the interstate yesterday and got passed by every s#it-box on wheels. Not much fun...

This is interesting stuff that is a bit over my head on a technical level, but I get the premise: Make Power - Go Fast! I will continue to follow and attempt to avoid infection.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Yeah... I agree its overkill, but im going to try my best to run no/low boost and vary engine RPM for 500 miles and then change out of the break in oil.

Engine break-in procedure is debated as much as which oil is the best...

• Yeah... I agree its overkill, but im going to try my best to run no/low boost and vary engine RPM for 500 miles and then change out of the break in oil.

Engine break-in procedure is debated as much as which oil is the best...

Rather than having a set number of miles it should be " until you do your first oil change".

After you run your engine for 50 to 100 miles and it reached peak temp and the oil has circulated enough there is really no reason to wait until 500.

The number 500 is an old number that has been used for many years to allow gaskets and seals to " form a bond" to prevent leaks , another thing from back in the day is that old timers will say to never run synthetic oil before the engine has 10k,15k or 20k miles on it or it will have "bad seals" and burn oil like a mofo, when in reality what most likely caused this was shitty Q/C and "loose" tolerances at the factory.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Like I said, this could be debated for days. There are 1000s of opinions on this subject. I am going my direction because of advice from my engine builder. I'm not worried about seals, that's silly to me. This advice is giving to seat the rings in a fashion he likes and I also would like to break in the new clutch in a more proper fashion.

• At least its a sprung hub / full face clutch. Makes it a lot smoother. I have a solid hub / 6 puck in mine. Spec stage 4 with Exedy chromoly flywheel. Its like an on/off switch and I love it. Its real fun starting on a hill...

• Still havent had it on the dyno yet. This weather has just been horrible. I have a race in 2 weeks and would like to get it on the dyno before then just to make sure everything is good.