Just bought bill's used Hahn turbo... What else do I need to buy?

• I'd consider Hahn's Stage 2/2X system as a Stage 2 with around 8 lbs boost and the Stage 2X label meaning the system can be forced to produce more boost by changing springs i the wastegate, with the understanding that going beyond the as-delivered Stage 2 settings really needs a built motor.

I think 2x doesn't require different springs... But I get your point.. I'm gonna stick with stage 2... I've done a lot of searches regarding the 2x setup... Didn't find much, so I'm assuming everyone is having a blast on their stage 2... Should be good enough for me... For now hehe

• So if the difference between 91 and 92 is scant, (I live in so Cal, no 93 here), 91 should be fine? Maybe add 9ctane booster? (does that stuff really work lol)

I'm not a fan of octane boosters...they are inconsistent at best. Stay at Stage 2, run 91 octane and love life!

• I'd consider Hahn's Stage 2/2X system as a Stage 2 with around 8 lbs boost and the Stage 2X label meaning the system can be forced to produce more boost by changing springs i the wastegate, with the understanding that going beyond the as-delivered Stage 2 settings really needs a built motor.

Clarifications:

Stage 2 operates at 6-7 PSI, Stage 2X at 9-10 PSI.
    Both use the same wastegate spring combination. We have an alternate method outlined in the manual to set for Stage 2 or 2X.
    Both are proven compatible with stock engines. When we have a customer wondering what's best for them, we simply state that if the ultimate reliability is their goal, stay at 2. If they're more interested in making high power and sacrificing some reliability, Stage 2X is the way to go.

Our intention is to provide something for everyone, as our clientele run a large gamut...from those looking for outstanding long-term reliability, to those who are looking for the most they can possibly get!

• I recall reading something about bibs tune not being able to communicate with a fail safe... But I see people buying fail safe gauges... Just wondering I'd that was true...

We now have a way to use the FailSafe function in the AEM Failsafe Gauge. We'll be introducing this kit soon!

• I may have been off on the boost settings, but I stand by my comments that I wouldn't go to 2X unless I had a built motor (or the funds to buy one), just in case. I need to go reread the Installation guide once I get thru mucking around with the oil pan swap. I'm still trying to clean off all the old gasket material. Trying a trick I read online to use a sharp pencil lead to scrape the residue off and then just clean off the graphite. I've already sprayed some CRC Gasket remover in a can and brushed it on and waited 10 minutes before wiping it off (twice). Either the pencil trick will work or I'll just brush more gasket remover on and wipe/scrape some more.
    As far as the using a Failsafe Function with with an AEM Failsafe Gauge, naturally, I bought the Innovate SCG-1, instead.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• I may have been off on the boost settings, but I stand by my comments that I wouldn't go to 2X unless I had a built motor (or the funds to buy one), just in case. I need to go reread the Installation guide once I get thru mucking around with the oil poan swap. I'm still trying to clean off all the old gasket material. Trying a trick I read online to use a sharp pencil lead to scrape the residue off and then just clean off the graphite. I've already sprayed some CRC Gasket remover in a can and brushed it on and waited 10 minutes before widping it off (twice). Either the pencil trick will work or I'll juts brush more gasket remover on and wipe/scrape some more.
    As far as the using a Failsafe Function with with an AEM Failsafe Gauge, naturally, I bought the Innovate SCG-1, instead.

Usually the residue will scrape off with a single-edge razor blade or utility knife blade. That's all I use. It's a bit tedious, but very effective. I don't like using any kind of handle attached to said blades, as that increases the force available by a factor of many, and can lead to inadvertent gouging of the surface.

Be sure to also extract any excess that's laying alongside the machined surfaces as well.

• On my way now... Will be ready tomorrow morning.. I'll keep you guys posted.

I hope to have a new smaller pulley from a great mentor soon!!! wink-squared So once thats installed Id like to meet up and do the same!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• @STYLN how is that new supercharger treating you?

Its going GREEEEEAAAAAT! I literally have to learn how to drive this thing all over again! The amount of power and throttle response is like no other I have driven before. I love the fact that I can actually use 5th gear as a GEAR now!! LOL @Slingrazor was a plethora of knowledge and did a great job getting it all together!

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Just curious.....how would you assume this? I mean calling someone a liar is a bold move. Maybe Bob has a partner? I mean after all they are both in the surrounding Los Angeles area. speechless-squared

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• So first off, I'd like to publicly apologize to Bob (I already have a couple times over the phone). And second, apologize to the forum for posting unconfirmed info. Bob literally text me as I was pulling in to cbm to tell me that the info I had was bad. I immediately called him, and after about a 20 min discussion, I started my slingshot and drove off....... Straight to Bob's lol... I'm here now, he's Goin to update me with the latest tune.

• Just curious.....how would you assume this? I mean calling someone a liar is a bold move. Maybe Bob has a partner? I mean after all they are both in the surrounding Los Angeles area. speechless-squared

@STYLN please see above post ....... how ..... well ......all I can tell you is ....

And you are low on milk ........ ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Question.. I read (I believe it was travaz) that turbo slingshots should have tc off... Is this for pure fun factor, or function? I noticed when I would shift as the tc was engaging, it would sputter a little as I was Goin into the next gear (almost like a loss of power), is that the tc cutting power?