Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Latest available estimates has her and her husband (really, someone actually sleeps with her) net worth at $23 MILLION. Nancy Pelosi earns $223,500 per year of taxpayers money for being in Politics. She's been in Congress since 1987. Sure is nice how 33 Years at an annual salary of less than a Quarter of a Million Dollars. all adds up to $23 MILLION. Not bad how you earn less than $7 MILLION and are able to parlay it into a $16 MILLION dollar windfall. I guess she saves her pennies by taking her lunch with her to work.

I guess you think she's honest. :00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172::00008172:

• Well we have reached another new low. The movement to impeach a duly elected President almost strictly along party lines. I think this is a dangerous precedent going forward. Fortunately there is not a chance in hell it will make it through the Senate so this is all political because the Dems are terrified they cannot beat Trump. Does that mean the next time that EITHER party gains control of the House & Senate if they don’t like the President he will be out on his ass no matter how the people voted? The Dems keep beating their chest shouting they are protecting democracy. IMO they just drove another nail its coffin 😩😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well we have reached another new low. The movement to impeach a duly elected President almost strictly along party lines. I think this is a dangerous precedent going forward. Fortunately there is not a chance in hell it will make it through the Senate so this is all political because the Dems are terrified they cannot beat Trump. Does that mean the next time that EITHER party gains control of the House & Senate if they don’t like the President he will be out on his ass no matter how the people voted? The Dems keep beating their chest shouting they are protecting democracy. IMO they just drove another nail its coffin 😩😩

Actually the saddest part and biggest hit to democracy is Republicans that would vote to impeach if it were an anonymous vote. Many, all the quiet ones of late would vote him out if it didn't threaten their chances for re-election.

Many congressmen and senators have said they know a lot of Republicans would vote Trump out if it were a private vote.

Basically they know he is mocking our system, breaking laws, has something going on with Russia and refuse to do a thing because it would hurt them in their home districts. Which is to say, they must think Trump's base is big, committed and to dumb to reasonably understand the threat to our democracy.

• Actually the saddest part and biggest hit to democracy is Republicans that would vote to impeach if it were an anonymous vote. Many, all the quiet ones of late would vote him out if it didn't threaten their chances for re-election.

Many congressmen and senators have said they know a lot of Republicans would vote Trump out if it were a private vote.

Basically they know he is mocking our system, breaking laws, has something going on with Russia and refuse to do a thing because it would hurt them in their home districts. Which is to say, they must think Trump's base is big, committed and to dumb to reasonably understand the threat to our democracy.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I actually think the Republicans would vote to impeach Trump in a heart beat if 2 things were to happen - and it might just take 1 of them.

1 - if there were actually hard evidence that Trump committed a crime that rose to the level of being a "High crime or misdemeanor"

and / or

2 - A good majority of the voting public especially the non democrat voting public felt Trump was guilty of those crimes

Look at Nixon - - he was incredibly popular he won reelection by a record setting landslide winning 49 of 50 states, but when it became obvious what he had done that support went out the window and it became clear even to him that he was done

The problem as it stands right now with Trump is that the voting public, at least the voting public that the republicans in congress count on are not convinced Trump really did anything that rises to the level of Impeachment - in the minds of these people even if Trump has committed a crime it is no more serious than it was when Bill Clinton lied under oath.

If the Democrats really want Trump out I believe it could happen IF they actually can prove to the public beyond a doubt that he committed a HIGH CRIME - - - if all they can come up with are crimes that the people think are no big deal then they are toast

I highly suspect that most people dont think that trying to get dirt on a political opponent from another government is a big deal - politicians are always trying to get dirt on their opponents so who cares? And if he tried to withhold aid - people probably care even less about that - cut their damn aid and everyone else's damn aid - keep the dang money here and spend it on Americans first

Back in the day we wanted our leaders to be perfect - just look at what happened to Gary Hart - - expecting perfect went out the window with Clinton - - and sad as it may be if your guy can break a law and its not a big deal then WTF why should anyone care now when its their guy

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yes WOLF - thank God we have the Democrats who are not partisan at all and have been trying to impeach Trump since his inauguration - God knows where we would be without those patriots

Your response is exactly why Republicans refuse to protect the country from Trump.

You are right, there is huge partisanship on both sides. True Patriots put partisanship aside to protect the country. If those congressman were telling the truth about their Republican colleagues views and beliefs, I'm disappointed in you and them. You for not caring if it's true or not, and them for being spineless, self serving, country killing hypocrites.

McConnell for instance with his, "The Democrats need to get back to work for the people and stop this impeachment stuff". Meanwhile the House has passed 200 bills that are waiting on McConnell to bring them to the floor. Hypocrite much Mitch?

• Actually the saddest part and biggest hit to democracy is Republicans that would vote to impeach if it were an anonymous vote. Many, all the quiet ones of late would vote him out if it didn't threaten their chances for re-election.

I gotta agree with Wolf. It's not just the Republicans though. Just look at the last few elections in Chicago. Since the votes were all cast anonymously, there were more Democratic votes cast than there were people alive to vote. Gives new meaning to their battle cry - Vote early and vote OFTEN

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I gotta agree with Wolf. It's not just the Republicans though. Just look at the last few elections in Chicago. Since the votes were all cast anonymously, there were more Democratic votes cast than there were people alive to vote. Gives new meaning to their battle cry - Vote early and vote OFTEN

Wouldn't that be voting late?:D

I remember a Republican in Florida voting multiple times and when she was caught said she did it because the Dems do it. If I recall, she's in prison.

The Reason Republicans in Congress won't vote to impeach is because the people who voted for them do not support it

They are representatives doing what the people they represent want - - isn't that what you expect out of the representative you voted for?

If you want Trump impeached and you want Republicans to support it then you need to convince the people who elect those Republicans that it is the right thing to do

Well .. since we have turned down ad hominem Avenue, put our foot to the floor, and are now capable of not only predicting others feelings but knowing their beliefs and deepest thoughts without a doubt in our mind even without a clue other than what we have been spoon fed.....

........ kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Wouldn't that be voting late?:D

I remember a Republican in Florida voting multiple times and when she was caught said she did it because the Dems do it. If I recall, she's in prison.

good point - republicans go to jail for it and for some reason democrats don't

• is there really any difference?

i-s6Dhqr8-X2.jpg

• "If" hmmm, I believe I said, "if those congressmen were telling the truth". But you can be hyperbolic if you like, this is America.:*