Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• how about a Johnson / Haley ticket or a Haley / Stossel

might be good for Stossel to be VP first 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• He said "pick a new President" so I took it as AT (after Trump)....

angel-squared

yes I meant "new" as in different from what already is or has been

looking for insight into you by seeing who you would pick

• Not to change the subject cause this is interesting but a buddy sent me this and it really makes you think about where we been as opposed to where we could be heading ...kinda sad

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bill Martin help my reconcile something, please.

Every Republican yelled at Cohen saying, "you are a liar, a confessed liar and you're going to prison for lying". This is very true.

The thing I need reconciled is, those republicans are proclaiming and agreeing Cohen lied to Congress, when he lied to protect Trump which are the lies sending him to prison.

Now Cohen is telling a story that is a direct opposite of the LIES (lies republicans apparently agree were lies) that are sending him to prison.

I agree Cohen is trying to help himself. However, I'm sure he now understands how deep both investigations have been going and probably some of the evidence they have and probably wouldn't commit perjury in those matters, based on the questions asked by the district of New York and the Mueller investigation. Unless he he would like more prison time.

• “I agree Cohen is trying to help himself”

If anything he said was credible the Justice Department would use him in criminal prosecution of Trump. I agree Reps are celebrating the things they like that he said but IMO once a liar always a liar. This blight on the legal professions name should not be given merit and just serve his sentence in hell.

If anything he said was credible the Justice Department would use him in criminal prosecution of Trump. I agree Reps are celebrating the things they like that he said but IMO once a liar always a liar. This blight on the legal professions name should not be given merit and just serve his sentence in hell.

My question...lawyer / client confidentiality ????

With that logic, you must not believe a thing Trump says. Liars never tell the truth, was my takeaway from your comment.;)

Who is to say the Justice Department only used him to gather info, as his credibility is compromised, but hard evidence is irrefutable.

You should like my new hat Bill. It symbolizes the end of a 2+ year investigation by professionals in our intelligence community into foreign tampering in our elections and will put an end to speculation on the left and right as to what Mueller has uncovered.

"It's Mueller Time"!!:thumbsup:

• so, has Cohen accused Trump of anything that is actually illegal? something that would actually rise to the level of impeachment?

If none of these things that Cohen is saying are actually things that could get Trump impeached in both the House & Senate then why are they wasting our money on this?

Are they simply trying to influence the next election?

seriously think about it - - if as I suspect the democrats know it will be almost impossible to get a Trump impeachment past the Republican held Senate then what is this for? and is influencing the next election a proper use of Congress?

dont they actually have work to do?

• Yep - if we used that logic on every politician they would all be in trouble - however - convictions for lying to Congress

Cohen - 1

Trump - 0

After $27 million with no collusion - uncovering some tax fraud and lying I would celebrate the end of the Mueller investigation also - a real Democrat victory :00008356:

• Yep - if we used that logic on every politician they would all be in trouble - however - convictions for lying to Congress

Cohen - 1

Trump - 0

After $27 million with no collusion - uncovering some tax fraud and lying I would celebrate the end of the Mueller investigation also - a real Democrat victory :00008356:

The end to that type of speculation will be very welcome. Learning how better to combat foreign interference in our elections is worth the money to me.

• Tax evasion, tax fraud, "paying to silence women in an effort to help the campaign".

I'm not sure what is or isn't impeachable there. I know on the bribes to women for their silence, Trumps defense is that he does it all the time. That he has a long pattern of doing it and those two times during the election were just two more in a chain. He claims they weren't done to help the campaign, just himself personally, like the many times before.

I'm not sure how that will play out. I also don't know how financial/tax crimes get dealt with if it involves the President.

I do know that if all the tax stuff is true, Trump will surely see prison time if he isn't re-elected.

• The end to that type of speculation will be very welcome. Learning how better to combat foreign interference in our elections is worth the money to me.

I agree that it is a good thing if we can keep other governments from interfering in our elections, but I also have to say I fine the outrage about it kind of funny when you consider the fact that our own government does it to other countries all the time - In fact the Obama administration actually sent people to Israel putting boots on the ground there to try to keep Netanyahu from getting elected.

The U.S. government is always sticking its nose into the elections of other countries doing everything it can to try to get the people it likes elected and I would bet we have done far more than anything we know that the Russians might have done to us

Oh the outrage - - - we finally get a bit of our own medicine and we act like we are some pure and innocent victims

• I admit, I didn't think it was that simple to do. I thought lawyers would get in legal trouble for disclosing client info, not just get disbarred.

You are correct - atty/client confidentiality is somewhat tricky - Cohen now is prohibited from using any client information in a court proceeding - including Trump. On the other hand when the Dem Party wants to put an admitted liar, disbarred atty on national display - what can they do to him unless he tells another lie to them they can prove. All his opinions and hyperbole to embarrass the President is all political nonsense.

• I would also be willing to bet that 2016 was not the first time Russia did things to try to affect one of our elections - - would bet its been going on just as long as the U.S. has been doing it in other countries

first time caught does not equal first time done by a long shot