Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• WOLF I hadn't realised that Trump had removed the restrictions, in the US.

My wife just confirmed it, to me. (She works in the industry).

Yeah, it was one of his first rounds of getting rid of "Obama regulations". Many Republicans cheered for the "deregulation" not really understanding or caring that some regulations are there as a safeguard. Allowing corporations to put more pollutants in the air and water were some of Trumps other "great" deregulations.:/

• Yeah, it was one of his first rounds of getting rid of "Obama regulations". Many Republicans cheered for the "deregulation" not really understanding or caring that some regulations are there as a safeguard. Allowing corporations to put more pollutants in the air and water were some of Trumps other "great" deregulations.:/

I hadn't realised that Obama, had put rules in place to stop it. (We got all Trump's climate clap-trap).

I was under the impression that neither party did anything to stop it (see first posting). That must have been because it was revoked quickly & without much coverage of either guy's actions, over here.

No wonder the industry has been working on it for some time, now.

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• WOLF - I am just as much for clean air and clean air as the next guy BUT

Do you see any US cities on this list?? Why would you be for putting a lasso around US industry while the biggest polluters in the world do nothing. If you think US regulation is gonna make a pimple on the ass of world clean air - quit drinkin the liberal Kool-Aid !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I see your point - let’s quit flying, boating, driving cars, riding Slingshots and start flying gliders, using row boats and go everywhere on horseback. Let’s do away with coal emission so we can pay a fortune more in energy costs. I think all this renewable energy thing is great but the American or European consumer ain’t ready to give up good ole oil, coal, and gas. Until this technology is ready to support the masses it is nothing more than a neat idea!!

• sounds like a couple members here want the government to tell us how we should live, eat, breath and shit. JMO

No Shatneyman

Just stating the dam obvious.

You & I will not be alive when it's all screwed up. I have no kids to deal with the life, we are giving them.

We're OK :P

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited once, last by UK_Paul ().

• sounds like a couple members here want the government to tell us how we should live, eat, breath and shit. JMO

I don't recall talking about citizens at all. Sounds like some people hear what they want to hear. Sounds like some people like industrial waste in their lakes and rivers and extra pollution in the air.

Sounds like some people don't know that cheaper renewable energy combined with cheaper natural gas is killing the coal industry.

• as far as any business or company, I don't care how big or small you are, if you can't survive on your own, close the doors. If you have something people want, you will grow, if not, well, see ya!

Auto industry comes to mind. Build what the people want and will buy or close your doors. You wonder why trucks and SUV's are the top sellers, that by itself tells you something. The Snow Flakes are not buying enough of the cars they are making to support the industry.

• Auto industry comes to mind. Build what the people want and will buy or close your doors. You wonder why trucks and SUV's are the top sellers, that by itself tells you something. The Snow Flakes are not buying enough of the cars they are making to support the industry.

It isn't electric cars that aren't selling, it is sedans and small cars across the board, majority gasoline. That is why most car manufacturers are coming out with electric trucks and SUV's. Everybody wants more room, higher seating position and all wheel drive, more power... Only idiots don't want better fuel economy.

• It isn't electric cars that aren't selling, it is sedans and small cars across the board, majority gasoline. That is why most car manufacturers are coming out with electric trucks and SUV's. Everybody wants more room, higher seating position and all wheel drive, more power... Only idiots don't want better fuel economy.

When they come out with an electric truck with enough power to pull my Sling on a trailer at 75 mph thru the mountains, A/C blasting on high, not having to look for a charging station....I’ll consider it. Until then it’s a

• When they come out with an electric truck with enough power to pull my Sling on a trailer at 75 mph thru the mountains, A/C blasting on high, not having to look for a charging station....I’ll consider it. Until then it’s a

Here you go Bill. You can get it next year. Let me know how it is. As I'm not "flush with cash" I can't afford the 70k price tag. If I could I would be all over it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/e…c-pickup-truck-order/amp/

• It isn't electric cars that aren't selling, it is sedans and small cars across the board, majority gasoline. That is why most car manufacturers are coming out with electric trucks and SUV's. Everybody wants more room, higher seating position and all wheel drive, more power... Only idiots don't want better fuel economy.

You are not understanding what I said. The electric cars and the other cars they are trying to sell is not what the public wants to buy. They would rather buy trucks and SUV's and pay the difference in the gas mileage than buy the cars that are being offered. There are only three cars out there that I would even think about buying for myself. (American made with American money) Honda/Toyota/BMW/Nissan and such will never be owned by me I could care less where they are made. The American buying public is the reason for a lot of our problems that we have now. So probably if I do buy new it will probably be a truck and I have no use for a truck. I have owned one truck and it was bought only to haul dirt bikes.

• While the price is not crazy - not much more than a decked out F-150 - I was willing to take a chance on a SS because it had a proven engine. This will have to be on the road for a couple years before it could even be a consideration. I am glad it seems they are making progress but am curious why none of the big 3 are competing in this market??

• While the price is not crazy - not much more than a decked out F-150 - I was willing to take a chance on a SS because it had a proven engine. This will have to be on the road for a couple years before it could even be a consideration. I am glad it seems they are making progress but am curious why none of the big 3 are competing in this market??

The big 3 feel plan to enter the electric truck and SUV market in the next 15-20 years. They don't see the demand. Much like Tesla's success, the Nissan Leaf and Toyota Prius success had to smack them in the face to get them to enter the electric market. It will take the success of Tesla's pickup(2-3years from now), that Rivian pickup, Volvo electric SUV's, Hyundai's electric mini SUV, Porsche's electric SUV's, Audi's electric SUV's, Volkswagons electric SUV's...to get them to invest in it. It took Tacoma sales to get Chevy to bring the Colorado back. It took Colorado sales to convince Ford to bring the Ranger back and Jeep to come out with a pickup. American car manufacturers have become reactive for fear of a bad financial decision and losing stock value.