Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Consider your self humored.

I have been to welfare offices, and I have known many people on food stamps. I have never, in all of my life seen any of them walk into that office with pride in their eyes. You think you are unique becuase you will "always work for a livin" and "dammit I don't want no free ride". I challenge you. Go to one of those offices....TALK to people...civilly. Get to know their stories. 90% of them will have more in common with you that you think...they don't want to be there...they have personal pride too...just like you do. But, when the economy tanks, and you have no job, and no easy way to get one becuase your industry tanked...well you would be surprised at how much pride someone is willing to swallow to feed their family.

So, I guess the only point I have for you is my personal opinion is all of those "free ride" people you are afraid of...don't exist. It's the media whipping people into a frenzy.

Just my $0.002

• @BONES our lives HAVE gotten better during the Obama administration. Slingshot Baby!!!

Wolf you ever try stand up?? Cause that's funny shit right there! :00008359: I bust my ass daily for everything I have. Im always working and running for my kids, Paying things on time and doing things the Right way, as I sure most of us are.. "YOUR Looser President" gets no credit for anything that happens in my Life but hurting us.

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Both flat out Suck, One sucked for 8 years and she will be a disgrace to America. You take away Minority votes and college votes Obama never wins a second term. When you allow people living off the system for "Free" to vote ( and to be clear not ex solders, forces, vets etc, This does not apply to them) You think people are going to give up FREE and vote for someone who may take away there FREE RIDE? It's to easy, that's why you Do Not let people living off the system vote! There voting for the "FREE" and easy life style. All this giving away is crimpling US and us Middle class! I want someone to sell me on how our lives have gotten better, Someone PLEASE HUMOR ME!
    Trump is the change and I honestly think even though a little sharp around the edges, he can Get America going again...OBAMA's a fool for ....Quote " America's Great Already" ? Really says who? And for who?

Again Humor Me????

Hey everyone has a opinion about Obama, Clinton and Trump that they will take to the grave. Everything isn't perfect by no means. I personally feel Obama has done a good job overall, sure some things that I do not agree with but overall I see more good than bad. I voted once as a young lad for a republican candidate and got scolded by many friends, I kindly told them to f@#* off! Everyone should vote for whom ever they feel like voting for. I feel Donald Trump is not qualified to run this country with his radical beliefs. Over 50 highly ranked Republicans denounce Donald Trump, he has only received 1% of the African American vote and less than 1/3 of the Hispanic vote. I do not see how Trump can win with the low percentage of these minority population. I know you will never vote for Hillary Clinton but I know a lot of Americans will and that includes me. Let the people speak this November for our next POTUS!

• Anybody that believes there isn't a large percentage of "free riders" in this country must be living under a rock. I see it all around me ... people driving nicer cars than me and buying groceries with food stamps. My renter who is on permanent disability (non-military) but yet they repaint the complete interior of my rental in lieu of damage deposit. Drug addicts that hang out at the local liquor store trying to trade food stamp debit cards for alcohol. Or better yet the addicts that sell their cards every month for 50 cents on the dollar to the same scum bags so they can buy drugs with the "cash". Single mothers living in government housing having more and more babies so they can collect more money. No disrespect @Ghostwheel but you need to wake up and look around. Either that or the nice upper middle class neighborhood I have lived in all my life isn't near as nice as I thought it was. :00008862:

• So, I guess the only point I have for you is my personal opinion is all of those "free ride" people you are afraid of...don't exist. It's the media whipping people into a frenzy.

And that's why you buy and pay off, don't get yourself in situations with dept. Maybe I was brought up differently but I was always told, don't get things you don't need or can't afford. Make sure you have savings, and money in place "IN CASE" We can't always plan for things , but we can be "prepared". I know plenty of people who have suffered, but again had huge house's , fancy cars..things that were material and now lost. And honestly , we are all given cards, it's how you play them. We all have stories and issues...Welfare offices I go into are the people I expect to be there, I know a ton of people, we all have issues, dept, layoffs, but manage. ....

This doesn't Humor me, it's life for everyone, I guarantee if something ever happened to "ME" I wouldn't have a free ride because of who & what I have and Im sorry to say it but my Color.

Im not starting a battle each there own, but Nothing has bettered life for me or my family, we just keep on paying.....

I blame guns! :00008084: (that's what I learned in 8 years of Obama as president) :00008172:

• I feel Donald Trump is not qualified to run this country with his radical beliefs. Over 50 highly ranked Republicans denounce Donald Trump, he has only received 1% of the African American vote and less than 1/3 of the Hispanic vote

Says CNN and Fox? Watch CBS, there the most split down the middle & TRUE News. Everything you see is so false and farthest from the Truth! Actually Minority's are for Trump. Blacks , don't like/ trust Hillary, Muslims agree with Trump and want the bad ones out that give the good ones a bad wrap (guess it depends on what channel you watch or want to believe?). 67% OF PEOPLE DO NOT TRUST HILLARY according to the newest pole. Media is a crazy stir of Lies and Im sure part of Hillarys $200+ Million campaign is going towards what gets said through out media. Trump with all the negative is 3% behind her which is incredible considering all the bad / false publicity he receives. And Im sure there numbers are off. We'll see what happens, but when US continues to run as poor as it is now, racism, hate, money spent on other countries, lies continue Im just gunna Laugh !!

All her votes will be controlled votes, section 8, illegals, gays ( no offense) these are guaranteed controlled votes..

The debate will be Killer, no Obama by her side, she needs to answer questions right there and then.....We'll see what happens???

Donald may be blunt, but he can make the "Change" Obama Never could deliver.. I honestly think Trump will better life for Us "TRUE" Americans. ^^

• @Ghostwheel the "free ride" people exist and make me sick. Selling food stamps for half their value so they have cash, while working under the counter. Having more kids because they get more money per month. Then passing these pathetic lowlife living techniques onto their children. What percentage are scum?

and that's a true fact right there! Ct just did a pole/ investigation and found vacations, selling, stamps being spend out of state on items/ good times (alcohol) , etc are what money is actually being used towards!

• Anybody that believes there isn't a large percentage of "free riders" in this country must be living under a rock. I see it all around me ... people driving nicer cars than me and buying groceries with food stamps. My renter who is on permanent disability (non-military) but yet they repaint the complete interior of my rental in lieu of damage deposit. Drug addicts that hang out at the local liquor store trying to trade food stamp debit cards for alcohol. Single mothers living in government housing having more and more babies so they can collect more money. No disrespect @Ghostwheel but you need to wake up and look around. Either that or the nice upper middle class neighborhood I have lived in all my life isn't near as nice as I thought it was.

right on! :thumbsup:

• I am going to make one statement to this. The ones that are having these opinions about there being no free loaders and such. They have not lived around these problems all of there life, they have insulated them selfs from what is going on in the real world. They refuse to believe the truth even when it is right in front of them. If you do not live in it, then you really do not know what is going on. I have lived and worked around this problem all of my life, I see it every day. You can deny the problem but it is still there.

• For the left leaners here I think that as most liberals believe conservative folks have no heart or compassion for the less fortunate. I would venture to speculate that any conservative here does not believe that they mind contributing to a safety net for unforeseen tragedies that can befall the average American family such as illness or loss of employment. The question is is the taxpayer on the hook for that problem for years, lifetime, or generations. Does that safety net include cell phones, Internet service, more money in food stamps than a working family has budgeted for food, pay raises for having more illegitimate children, free healthcare, on and on! It has gotten to the point many find it easier, and more profitable, to lay on their ass than get out and actively find work. They can find a job you say. Instead of turning in bogus job applications to collect unemployment how about 20 hours of community service a week for that check. You say single mothers can't do that. Two or three help take care of a daycare with a governmental supervisor - the rest work. No matter who is running this country the nanny state is eventually going to break the country's back as the "poverty stricken" numbers continue to grow.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• For the left leaners here I think that as most liberals believe conservative folks have no heart or compassion for the less fortunate. I would venture to speculate that any conservative here does not believe that they mind contributing to a safety net for unforeseen tragedies that can befall the average American family such as illness or loss of employment. The question is is the taxpayer on the hook for that problem for years, lifetime, or generations. Does that safety net include cell phones, Internet service, more money in food stamps than a working family has budgeted for food, pay raises for having more illegitimate children, free healthcare, on and on! It has gotten to the point many find it easier, and more profitable, to lay on their ass than get out and actively find work. They can find a job you say. Instead of turning in bogus job applications to collect unemployment how about 20 hours of community service a week for that check. You say single mothers can't do that. Two or three help take care of a daycare with a governmental supervisor - the rest work. No matter who is running this country the nanny state is eventually going to break the country's back as the "poverty stricken" numbers continue to grow.

Well said @Bill Martin everyone can work at something to get the free ride and maybe help someone else

• I once shared this experience a while back while on the "Dark side"...
    Several years ago my father and brother and I took our bikes to Sturgis for the Bike rally. We were at One Eyed Jack's on Main street and my dad spotted a T-shirt stand and headed toward it with a curious look in his eye. There was what seemed to be according to him "a female robot" folding and stacking the T-shirts. Before he could embarrass himself I introduced him to the double arm amputee motorcycle accident victim I had met a few years earlier at Dirty Harry's on Main street in Daytona. Seeing her at the events every year and watching her fold those shirts and understanding the hard work it took for her to get to that point of her recovery made me so proud of her. I have no idea if she was receiving a well deserved disability check or not. But I do know if she could run a T-shirt stand all by herself with no arms. Then there are one helluva lot of people out there with lesser or no disabilities that are capable of working at some level and they have chosen not to because the government has made it easy for them not to.
    Do I think she should have been forced to work that hard ? No, of course not.
    Do I think there are some people who deserve to be on disability ? Yes certainly there are.
    But IMHO there are way too many examples on the opposite end of the spectrum.

NOTE: I miss seeing her, I hope she is doing well. :/

• ?

Well I guess if she was running for office this might be important...but for the most part quite petty

After graduating from high school in 1982, Palin enrolled at the University of Hawaii at Hilo.[25] Shortly after arriving in Hawaii, Palin transferred to Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu for a semester in the fall of 1982 and then to North Idaho College, a community college in Coeur d'Alene, for the spring and fall semesters of 1983.[26] She enrolled at the University of Idaho in Moscow for an academic year starting in August 1984 and then attended Matanuska-Susitna College in Alaska in the fall of 1985. Palin returned to the University of Idaho in January 1986 and received her bachelor's degree in communications with an emphasis in journalism in May 1987.[26][27][28][29]

In June 2008, the Alumni Association of North Idaho College gave Palin its Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award.[26][30]