Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• The way I see it the choice in this election is so simple. Do you like the way things have been and the direction this country is headed — vote for Biden. If you think Biden has done more to destroy this country than any President in history — vote for the only one that will put a stop to all the foolish policies of the current administration — Trump is your guy. I worry which way this will go because — how many will just say “to hell with it I ain’t voting for either one of them” and stay home. With the momentum on the conservative side I think they can pull it out - if Trump can keep personal insults down that really turns people off !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Personally I think I am most bothered by how the left has used the media and the courts to go after Trump - - reminds me of what I have grown up seeing Russia and the Soviet Union do to maintain their political control. Seriously, all my life when the political opposition to the established government in Russia or some other dictatorship was treated the way the left and the media here are now going after Trump we were always told how it was this horrible thing that could never happen in America - - and now here I am closing in on 70 years old watching it happen right here at home. And just like huge numbers of the people believed it when its been done in other countries I see a huge number of people here who seem willing to believe what seems so clearly to be pure bull shit - - - Think about this a political opponet to the establishment being fined huge amounts for victimless crimes and being hit with endless gag orders every time he wants to speak out about those who are doing those things to him - - sounds like its right out of some story from Russia or Cuba - - take away your opponents money and silence them, and if that doesnt work lock them up in prison - - and truly fear what will happen if they actually take that last step and try to jail mr Trump - - - - WAR! full blown civil war. I dont think the people of this country would do anything less

seriously we live in a country where they let killers and thieves walk free in our court system as it currently is yet they want to jail or ruin a political opponent for not giving the right property values when getting a loan, a loan that he fully paid back - - - have you ever even heard of someone, anyone being tried for something like this? And now it's suddenly a huge crime when it's the primary political opponent to the establishment? - - if the doesn't raise red flags then how about fining someone for defamation when they call their accuser a lier when they accuse them of a rape - that he has never been convicted of? personally I think publicly telling people someone is a rapist is defamation unless they have actually been convicted yet the political opponent to the establishment is being gagged from saying its not true and then finned huge amounts - - - I dont care how much you might hate this man, this is just wrong, its third world dictatorship bull shit and if they are not careful it going start a war - a real war - too many of us old-timers were taught this was never acceptable and its in our DNA to do whatever it takes to make sure America does not go down this rabbit hole

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Personally I think I am most bothered by how the left has used the media and the courts to go after Trump - - reminds me of what I have grown up seeing Russia and the Soviet Union do to maintain their political control. Seriously, all my life when the political opposition to the established government in Russia or some other dictatorship was treated the way the left and the media here are now going after Trump we were always told how it was this horrible thing that could never happen in America - - and now here I am closing in on 70 years old watching it happen right here at home. And just like huge numbers of the people believed it when its been done in other countries I see a huge number of people here who seem willing to believe what seems so clearly to be pure bull shit - - - Think about this a political opponet to the establishment being fined huge amounts for victimless crimes and being hit with endless gag orders every time he wants to speak out about those who are doing those things to him - - sounds like its right out of some story from Russia or Cuba - - take away your opponents money and silence them, and if that doesnt work lock them up in prison - - and truly fear what will happen if they actually take that last step and try to jail mr Trump - - - - WAR! full blown civil war. I dont think the people of this country would do anything less

seriously we live in a country where they let killers and thieves walk free in our court system as it currently is yet they want to jail or ruin a political opponent for not giving the right property values when getting a loan, a loan that he fully paid back - - - have you ever even heard of someone, anyone being tried for something like this? And now it's suddenly a huge crime when it's the primary political opponent to the establishment? - - if the doesn't raise red flags then how about fining someone for defamation when they call their accuser a lier when they accuse them of a rape - that he has never been convicted of? personally I think publicly telling people someone is a rapist is defamation unless they have actually been convicted yet the political opponent to the establishment is being gagged from saying its not true and then finned huge amounts - - - I dont care how much you might hate this man, this is just wrong, its third world dictatorship bull shit and if they are not careful it going start a war - a real war - too many of us old-timers were taught this was never acceptable and its in our DNA to do whatever it takes to make sure America does not go down this rabbit hole

JMO

IMO from the outside, as I have no actual vote in the US elections.

It's irrelevant the fact he got a loan and paid the loan back, it's about the fact he falsified information to get the loan at preferred rates that would not have otherwise been attainable. Falsifying information to get something is fraud, not matter how you look at it. Whether it's was the average Joe who falsified info to get a loan or a mortgage, or Trump who does it. Fraud is fraud.

On the note of him being gagged. If anyone else ever did the same thing he is doing, publicly outing/shaming family and the judges themselves based on his feelings, they would not just be gagged, they would be incarcerated. He knows exactly what he is doing with those statements and is anticipating his "followers" will step up and take care of business. In a way, he is inciting their actions. He has that great of a hold on people, and he knows it.

There is no denying he is a very powerful person. He knows that and uses that to his advantage.

The Reps need to find someone else they could invest in besides him. Gain the right votes, gain the moderate votes, gain a large part of the independent votes, and it's a majority. The hardliners like the Freedom Caucus needs to be dismantled which then allows the Reps to get stuff done.

JMO

I agree with your points to a degree...

1. In Russia or Cuba I believe they would not just ostracize the Donald, they would jail him and somehow he would get poisoned..

2. Are you willing to really fight for Donald going to jail. (I know there will be a thought regarding a principal, but would you actually risk your life or your family's life for that principal) A civil war would decimate what little America we have left and personally I do not believe most people will not want to take up arms against their neighbors for that cause. If we all just take a moment to stop watching the media, and listening to the Donald or Grandpa and all the explainers, experts, influencers we would all be better for it.

3. As was stated, if the Donald would just stop with the constant meaningless BS not nearly as many people would be disgusted by him. I know some will say, that is no reason not to vote for him... but to a lot of people that is the only reason not to vote for him. As has been said many times, peoples dislike for the Donald has created the "I'm not voting for Biden, I am voting against Trump." There is a large difference between being woke and being civil.. Most of the Donalds problems are directly related to him and his ego's insatiable desire to promote "him" not his ideology as the best thing since sliced bread.

4. The Donald was actually found Civilly guilty by a jury of sexual abuse and forcible touching in the E. Gene Carrol case, and he counter sued her for defamation after she said he raped her after the trial..

Verdict and aftermath (January 2024–present)The jury found Trump had committed sexual abuse and forcible touching, two of the three elements of Carroll's battery claim. Trump said he would appeal.

By responding "no" to the question of whether Carroll proved Trump raped her, the jurors indicated they weren't convinced Trump penetrated Carroll with his penis, according to Kaplan, who first wrote about the issue in July when he denied Trump a new trial in the sexual abuse case.

But the jurors' conclusion that Trump sexually abused Carroll "necessarily implies" that they did, in fact, believe he penetrated her with his fingers, Kaplan said. Of course he is appealing.

As I said, I do agree with a bunch of what you said and do believe there is media persecution going on.

Just a couple of cents... and no more...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• It's irrelevant the fact he got a loan and paid the loan back, it's about the fact he falsified information to get the loan at preferred rates that would not have otherwise been attainable. Falsifying information to get something is fraud, not matter how you look at it. Whether it's was the average Joe who falsified info to get a loan or a mortgage, or Trump who does it. Fraud is fraud.

When you use property for collateral you hire someone who will evaluate that properties estimated market value at the highest possible amount, present that value, and then it is up to the loaning institution to accept that value or have their own appraisal done and counter. You do the opposite when it comes to tax valuation. That sir is how it works (unless you are a moron) and is in no way "fraud".

......... kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• When you use property for collateral you hire someone who will evaluate that properties estimated market value at the highest possible amount, present that value, and then it is up to the loaning institution to accept that value or have their own appraisal done and counter. You do the opposite when it comes to tax valuation. That sir is how it works (unless you are a moron) and is in no way "fraud".

......... kiss-squared

I am not disagreeing that the loaning institution didn't do their full due diligence. The issue is he falsified his financial statements, to benefit getting what he wanted. Now his financial statements were obviously not prepared by him, but by his accounts. But he would have signed off on it. That is fraud anyway you look at it. Just like if you falsify info on your mortgage app, or loan app to the bank and get caught. Its fraud.

• I am not disagreeing that the loaning institution didn't do their full due diligence. The issue is he falsified his financial statements, to benefit getting what he wanted. That is fraud anyway you look at it. Just like if you falsify info on your mortgage app, or loan app to the bank and get caught. Its fraud.

What financial statements did he falsify, and please be specific.

The case is based on the assertion that he inflated property values on loan applications, period. Which again is not illegal or "fraud". Wordplay doesn't make it true, which is why it will be overturned on appeal.

......... nerd-squared

• obviously not a lawyer that is working on the case. Be specific regarding this is not part of my agenda. I only know what I can see, hear and read. Like everyone else not associated directly with it.

https://manhattanda.org/distri…president-donald-j-trump/

• I get that we have no choice in this election... and it is kind of interesting that this thread started out with this quote in 2016 "Thought I would open up w thread where we all can pontificate on the looming, arguably most important, Presidential Election in our lifetimes. " and 8 years later the same idea is prevalent.

I hear the lesser of two evils, and am just curious if one really believes this... Some quotes from the great orator at different times this year.

Some of these bizarre asides are best seen in full, like this one about Biden at the beach in Trump’s Georgia response to the State of the Union:

“Somebody said he looks great in a bathing suit, right? And you know, when he was in the sand and he was having a hard time lifting his feet through the sand, because you know sand is heavy, they figured three solid ounces per foot, but sand is a little heavy, and he’s sitting in a bathing suit. Look, at 81, do you remember Cary Grant? How good was Cary Grant, right? I don’t think Cary Grant, he was good. I don’t know what happened to movie stars today. We used to have Cary Grant and Clark Gable and all these people. Today we have, I won’t say names, because I don’t need enemies. I don’t need enemies. I got enough enemies. But Cary Grant was, like – Michael Jackson once told me, ‘The most handsome man, Trump, in the world.’ ‘Who?’ ‘Cary Grant.’ Well, we don’t have that any more, but Cary Grant at 81 or 82, going on 100. This guy, he’s 81, going on 100. Cary Grant wouldn’t look too good in a bathing suit, either. And he was pretty good-looking, right?”

Or another Hollywood-related bop, inspired by a rant about Willis and special prosecutor Nathan Wade’s romantic relationship:

“It’s a magnificent love story, like Gone With the Wind. You know Gone With the Wind, you’re not allowed to watch it any more. You know that, right? It’s politically incorrect to watch Gone With the Wind. They have a list. What were the greatest movies ever made? Well, Gone With the Wind is usually number one or two or three. And then they have another list you’re not allowed to watch any more, Gone With the Wind. You tell me, is our country screwed up?”

His comments especially toward migrants have grown more dehumanizing. He has said they are “poisoning the blood” of the US – a nod at Great Replacement Theory, the far-right conspiracy that the left is orchestrating migration to replace white people. Trump claimed the people coming in were “prisoners, murderers, drug dealers, mental patients and terrorists, the worst they have”. He has repeatedly called migrants “animals”.

“Democrats said please don’t call them ‘animals’. I said, no, they’re not humans, they’re animals,” he said during a speech in Michigan this week.

“In some cases they’re not people, in my opinion,” he said during his March appearance in Ohio. “But I’m not allowed to say that because the radical left says that’s a terrible thing to say. “These are animals, OK, and we have to stop it,” he said.

But if you ask Trump himself, these are just examples that Trump is smart, he says.

“The fake news will say, ‘Oh, he goes from subject to subject.’ No, you have to be very smart to do that. You got to be very smart. You know what it is? It’s called spot-checking. You’re thinking about something when you’re talking about something else, and then you get back to the original. And they go, ‘Holy shit. Did you see what he did?’ It’s called intelligence.”

The lesser of two evils, is still evil... either way... left or right..

• first of all, I wouldn't be fighting "for Donald" I would be fighting for the liberty and freedom that I was raised to believe this country stood for - something that seems to be quickly slipping away - - Donald is simply a victim of the corruption as are you and I

also I agree that Donalds big mouth is a huge part of his problem, but freedom of speech is supposed to protect the speech we dont want to hear and at this point in time it seems our media and government want to do the exact opposite and regulate what speech is allowed and proper - - - and remember if they can salience the Donald you and I will be next - - do you want to be jailed or have your life destroyed because you wont call a person with a dick a woman? - - thats where we seem to be headed, a world where feelings of an individual matter more than logic and reason - -

seriously if you are okay with Donald being targeted then in my view you lose any right to complain when they target you

OK...back from a quick 18 mile bicycle ride ... finally warm enough down here I can enjoy it ..... ;)

Sparcky I have to preface this with I don't blame you at all for using the language you have since that is the way it is reported by most.

Like this little bit of propaganda I have seen and heard in reporting at least a 100 times:

...................the loaning institution didn't do their full due diligence.

Only this one is not just word play but a whole cloth distortion of fact meant to make the reader/listener believe that something untoward was in fact done but the banks were too incompetent to find it.

Um......no......

Officers from the banks testified in open court that not only did they fully review then gladly accepted the "financial statements" as presented, but would do it again. That is their prerogative and the definition of due diligence.

No harm no foul and everyone had a happy ending.......

...... angel-squared

• first of all, I wouldn't be fighting "for Donald" I would be fighting for the liberty and freedom that I was raised to believe this country stood for - something that seems to be quickly slipping away - - Donald is simply a victim of the corruption as are you and I

also I agree that Donalds big mouth is a huge part of his problem, but freedom of speech is supposed to protect the speech we dont want to hear and at this point in time it seems our media and government want to do the exact opposite and regulate what speech is allowed and proper - - - and remember if they can salience the Donald you and I will be next - - do you want to be jailed or have your life destroyed because you wont call a person with a dick a woman? - - thats where we seem to be headed, a world where feelings of an individual matter more than logic and reason - -

seriously if you are okay with Donald being targeted then in my view you lose any right to complain when they target you

Again, I agree with what you say to a point. As I said regarding "fighting" (i.e. the civil war you mentioned) some will say it is for a principal.. Would you really be willing to sacrifice yourself or your family for this principal if a civil war were to erupt... the bullets go both ways in a battle... Not trying to sound like a smart ass or change your point of view, just presenting an opposite idea. I agree liberty and freedom are worth fighting for..

I know you understand that freedom is a right to be able to say things without the government limiting what is said. Any yes I know that the judicial system is part of the government.. Trump is certainly not the first to be issued a gag order.

Even though freedom of speech is protected from infringement by the government, the government is still free to restrict speech in certain circumstances. Some of these circumstances include:

• Obscenity and Indecency – In Alliance for Community Media v. FCC, the Supreme Court found that obscenity and child pornography have no right to protection from the First Amendment, and as such, the government has the ability to ban this media altogether. But when it comes to indecency, which is generally defined by the courts as something describing or depicting offensive sexual activity, the Supreme Court has found this speech protected. But the government can regulate this speech on radio and television, so long as it’s for a compelling reason and is done in the least restrictive manner.
    • Defamation – Private and public figures are able to sue someone for statements they have made. Public figures must prove that the person made the statement with malice, which means knowing the statement was false or having a reckless disregard for the truth or falsity of the statement. (See New York Times v. Sullivan). Private figures must prove the person failed to act with reasonable care when they made the statement.
    • Incitement – If a person has the intention of inciting the violations of laws that is imminent and likely, while directing this incitement at a person or groups of persons, their speech will not be protected under the First Amendment. This test was created by the Supreme Court in Brandenburg v. Ohio.
    • Fighting words

• Might I humbly suggest that we are bone picking here?? There is really nothing to debate on as to who will be the next President - it will be Biden or Trump. That said I believe it to be an opportunity never seen in any previous election in our lifetime. We really don't have to wait and see all the political lies or promises made between now and November as in a usual elections. There is really nothing either man can say that will really sway anyone at this point IMO. We have all already lived though a Trump administration and now a Biden administration. When we as voters actually can vote on both Presidential candidates already knowing what they are gonna do based on their record - not their rhetoric is like a unicorn landing in my living room. One of the biggest factors for me and not a huge topic (save Nikki Haley) which I believe can sway voters is they know a vote for Biden could actually land Kamala Harris running the Oval Office. That thought alone should be scary enough for anyone to vote for literally anyone else. Sparcky - I detest K Harris so bad I would draft Justin Trudeau over her and don’t think much of him either :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Might I humbly suggest that we are bone picking here?? There is really nothing to debate on as to who will be the next President - it will be Biden or Trump. That said I believe it to be an opportunity never seen in any previous election in our lifetime. We really don't have to wait and see all the political lies or promises made between now and November as in a usual elections. There is really nothing either man can say that will really sway anyone at this point IMO. We have all already lived though a Trump administration and now a Biden administration. When we as voters actually can vote on both Presidential candidates already knowing what they are gonna do based on their record - not their rhetoric is like a unicorn landing in my living room. One of the biggest factors for me and not a huge topic (save Nikki Haley) which I believe can sway voters is they know a vote for Biden could actually land Kamala Harris running the Oval Office. That thought alone should be scary enough for anyone to vote for literally anyone else. Sparcky - I detest K Harris so bad I would draft Justin Trudeau over her and don’t think much of him either :00008172:

good point, I do believe that given both Trump and Bidens age this election probably places more importance on who the Vice Presidential candidate is than any other election in my lifetime, and frankly I think Trump would be very hard pressed to pick anyone less qualified or more frightening that Kamala aka Cabal toe, Harris

• Donald J Trump the focal point of the new investigation

It leaked out this afternoon, that Donald Trump is being investigated by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg, Jr and New York Attorney General Letitia James. In a joint statement they said that they have CREDIBLE RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE that say Trump was behind the Earth Quake in the Tri-state area yesterday. Confidential sources say that Trump was worried that James was going to seize his New York buildings to cover the almost half a BILLION dollar fine levied against him, so he created the Earth Quake as a way to say, FUCK HER. If she wants them that bad, she can have what's left after i destroy them.

Don't think they haven't thought of some crazy version of this fairy tale to sell to the woke fake news media to so they can spread the lies all over CNN, MS DNC, and event the View - the worst "NEWS" broadcasting show of all time.

Fact checkers say the above press release is not true, but posted as something that Biden and his circle of clowns would have thought to attempt to steal the election since he's Bidenomics, Open boarder, and Bankrupting of America isn't going to get him re-elected this November

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• It is really easy to laugh at that, because it is so ridiculous.... and on the other hand... This is even more ridiculous.

Marjorie Taylor Greene had an explanation, writing on X (formerly Twitter) that the quake was evidence of God's displeasure with America. “God is sending America strong signs to tell us to repent. Earthquakes and eclipses and many more things to come.

Marjorie Taylor Greene's Solar Eclipse Post Gets Brutal Fact-Check (newsweek.com)

• "His comments especially toward migrants have grown more dehumanizing. He has said they are “poisoning the blood” of the US – a nod at Great Replacement Theory, the far-right conspiracy that the left is orchestrating migration to replace white people. Trump claimed the people coming in were “prisoners, murderers, drug dealers, mental patients and terrorists, the worst they have”. He has repeatedly called migrants “animals”.

“Democrats said please don’t call them ‘animals’. I said, no, they’re not humans, they’re animals,” he said during a speech in Michigan this week.

“In some cases they’re not people, in my opinion,” he said during his March appearance in Ohio. “But I’m not allowed to say that because the radical left says that’s a terrible thing to say. “These are animals, OK, and we have to stop it,” he said.

I saw that speech in it's entirety. I knew the left was going to run with it. There was no mistaking his point. Zero chance! He was specifically talking about the two illigel immigrants that killed those two girls.

The following was mostly dubbed over as most are a small part is at the 30 second mark. If you could get the full transcript it is unmistakably apparent.