Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• so true, once the R base realizes you won’t get the independent vote with extremism, they will be on a path to win. Otherwise…:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:. Easily formula, hard to accomplish obviously

Perhaps I'm reading your statement incorrect? Unfortunate that the media and democratic party has perverted Make America Great into extremism. Many years ago, the area I grew up in had factories producing textiles and goods. America made electronics, appliances, radios, TV sets, bicycles etc. No more. I still see those abandoned deteriorating factories still in place empty for many years with no hope. The family homes are slowly deteriorating along with those businesses. I hear the message in make America Great Again, placing a pathway for the return of manufacturing, a positive "can-do" message.

What extremist message do you hear?

• Perhaps I'm reading your statement incorrect? Unfortunate that the media and democratic party has perverted Make America Great into extremism. Many years ago, the area I grew up in had factories producing textiles and goods. America made electronics, appliances, radios, TV sets, bicycles etc. No more. I still see those abandoned deteriorating factories still in place empty for many years with no hope. The family homes are slowly deteriorating along with those businesses. I hear the message in make America Great Again, placing a pathway for the return of manufacturing, a positive "can-do" message.

What extremist message do you hear?

Make America Great Again as a slogan, nothing wrong with it. By extremism I am implying hard line election deniers, the Mike the Pillow guy style rhetoric, poll watchers intimidating and thinking they are doing good when they are not, hard line anti-abortion activists that won’t even accept rape, incest, or possible death to the mother due to complications as a reason. The public in your ”free” country doesn’t seem so free.
    And it happens on both sides, but his time the D’s showed up and banded together, while the R’s are in fighting.

Trump to blame, partially, he should not be relevant right now, but he keeps trying to make himself such. He is an easy target for the media every time he opens his mouth

• If Trump is the Republican candidate in 2024 the Democrats will win. I don,t like saying it, and he may not deserve it, but Trump is tainted. He will never get enough of the independent and moderate vote to win.

Just be warned, if we try to go down that path we might as well concede right now

To all of those who still want Trump as they say “be careful what you wish for, you just might get it”

that path was just created. 😳😳😳. Let the conceding begin….🤣🤣🤣

• Make America Great Again as a slogan, nothing wrong with it. By extremism I am implying hard line election deniers, the Mike the Pillow guy style rhetoric, poll watchers intimidating and thinking they are doing good when they are not, hard line anti-abortion activists that won’t even accept rape, incest, or possible death to the mother due to complications as a reason. The public in your ”free” country doesn’t seem so free.
    And it happens on both sides, but his time the D’s showed up and banded together, while the R’s are in fighting.

Trump to blame, partially, he should not be relevant right now, but he keeps trying to make himself such. He is an easy target for the media every time he opens his mouth

Trump is on TV right now declaring his filing for a presidential run and making a speech. A great speech, a unifying speech. I checked CNN, MSNBC, CNBC. They know this is happening, but they also know they can't control real time thus giving up the opportunity to manipulate the process. They have crap on. They chose not to broadcast this important event no matter what political side. And that's the way they work to suppress ideas.

Check those broadcasters right now and ask yourself why are they CHOOSING not to broadcast? Suppression of ideas removing a choice based on individual views.

• Trump is on TV right now declaring his filing for a presidential run and making a speech. A great speech, a unifying speech. I checked CNN, MSNBC, CNBC. They knew this was happening, but they also know they can't control real time thus giving up the opportunity to manipulate the process. They have crap on. And that's the way they work to suppress ideas.

Check those broadcasters right now and ask yourself why are they CHOOSING not to broadcast? Suppression of ideas removing a choice based on individual views.

Personally I hope there are other R's that are going to challenge him and one of them get the nomination... He had his day.

One thing for sure... this will get the D's out to vote....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Personally I hope there are other R's that are going to challenge him and one of them get the nomination... He had his day.

One thing for sure... this will get the D's out to vote....

I agree, that's the way it should work. I like Trump, I like DeSantis. Some like others. I go back and forth but that should be up to the people to decide. Not media suppression. Got to say I liked Trumps speech tonight but it's a long way off and that can change. The world changes by the minute.

• I gotta say Trump’s speech was way more tempered than his usual gin up the crowd fare. I’m sure he has realized his style is what lost him the Presidency - I hope he runs on his merits - not attacking all competitors. He has time but a long way to go to pull in all the swing voters that he needs to win. I’m not sure he can keep his cool with all the attacks that are coming from the Dems, DOJ, and media !! Something tells me this time around will be way more vicious than his first campaign!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Trump is on TV right now declaring his filing for a presidential run and making a speech. A great speech, a unifying speech. I checked CNN, MSNBC, CNBC. They know this is happening, but they also know they can't control real time thus giving up the opportunity to manipulate the process. They have crap on. They chose not to broadcast this important event no matter what political side. And that's the way they work to suppress ideas.

OR, ….They don’t care and really don’t want to hear someone slagging them repeatedly. Race just began, and the R’s just lost 2 things. The race, and a lot of support and respect from many of their peers.

2018 SLR

Edited 2 times, last by Sparcky ().

• Apparently Ivanka just came out and said this time she will not be involved. Said she supports her dad but she is going to concentrate on her husband and children

Smart girl

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I gotta say Trump’s speech was way more tempered than his usual gin up the crowd fare. I’m sure he has realized his style is what lost him the Presidency - I hope he runs on his merits - not attacking all competitors. He has time but a long way to go to pull in all the swing voters that he needs to win. I’m not sure he can keep his cool with all the attacks that are coming from the Dems, DOJ, and media !! Something tells me this time around will be way more vicious than his first campaign!!

Prozac does wonders

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Funniest quip I have read since yesterday, based on Trumps, as you say "more tempered" speech, other reports are it was downright low-key. "MAGA - Make American Groggy Again"....8o8o8o

• Funniest quip I have read since yesterday, based on Trumps, as you say "more tempered" speech, other reports are it was downright low-key. "MAGA - Make American Groggy Again"....8o8o8o

In America you can’t get elected anymore by being brash and brazen. I’m sure he has learned that. Hell - now in America campaigning and debate are not even necessary to win.. proof by the Dynamic Duo

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I gotta say Trump’s speech was way more tempered than his usual gin up the crowd fare.

I think it's important here to separate the rally speeches, from the messages of deep concern.

A TRUMP Rally, is just a party.

Being loud and laughing is all part of the schtick.

Tonight was a message, based on the fact that life in this country sucks compared to 2 short years ago.

He can fix it, and fix it faster than anyone.

Mike Huckabee made some interesting observations.

He called TRUMP unbeatable, if he stays the course and delivers the message.

Said this was the best speech he's given to date, because it's the most important one.

His analogy on TRUMP is kinda what I've said before. Something like this.........

If our country is a hospital, and the political leaders are the surgeons, Trump has the worst bedside manner of all of them. But he's hands down the best surgeon in there!

I totally agree.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I gotta say Trump’s speech was way more tempered than his usual gin up the crowd fare

ConnMan hit it on the head. Outside of the rally's that is his normal tone. You have no idea how many people I have met who are stunned (in a good way) when they hear him speak in smaller or more private settings. I am personally not fond of the rally persona since the 2020 election. IF he keeps that up he doesn't make it out of the primary and shouldn't.

Still not sure how I feel about this whole thing, I do wish if he was going to do it that he would have waited until the new year. The next couple months will determine what direction I take.

other reports are it was downright low-key.

You see there is the problem I have with your criticism of so many things. You rely on "reports" with little to no actual first hand information. You rely on someone else s opinion or select soundbites fed to you. When I want to know what someone thinks I actually take the time to listen to them speak, even when I disagree with them. At least then if my opinion doesn't change, or maybe even gets worse, I know I arrived at that point honestly.

........... kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• So the media and social media was quick to condemn Russia for shooting a missile into Poland killing two. Looks like the fact checkers got it wrong by not shutting down the Russian missile conspiracy, I wonder if they're going to condemn Ukraine?

• I wasn't going to watch it myself. And all "reports" even from his buddies at Fox, and obviously people that actual watched it, lets just use Bill Martin as an example, it was not what people expected from him. It was "more tempered", low-key, etc. Thats a FACT.

• I wasn't going to watch it myself. And all "reports" even from his buddies at Fox, and obviously people that actual watched it, lets just use Bill Martin as an example, it was not what people expected from him. It was "more tempered", low-key, etc. Thats a FACT. Or does your Daily UK news sources say it was an upbeat Trump speech, like he has delivered every other time in the past? They should be lumped in the same category as the Enquirer, or the other conspiracy rags.

In an effort to quickly reply to my criticism you have confused me with someone else (which is funny, because it proves the point I was making) and apparently only read the part of my post that was directed toward you.

........ kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().