Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Flashback to when ...

Surprising, how utterly uncomfortable Mr. Hanks looked after a couple of those jokes.... oh and that Star Trek one, I'd have to say whatever they've been using to shoot up Biden with for momentary bouts of clarity was obviously alpha tested on Pelosi.

If only someone would make a movie about the dangers of developing a brain enhancing drug, what could go wrong? ook!

• If a white guy slapped a black guy at the Oscar's, he would have been handcuffed and led out later to be charged with a hate crime. But since the perpetrator was black he gets away with it. I love our the even handedness of our society...

And if the Comedian had been white and had made a joke about a black womans hair loss from an incurable illness ???

Smith over reacted and should not have done what he did, but Rock's joke was also hurtful and in incredibly bad taste and you know damn well that if a white man had made that joke they would be calling for them to be banned for life from future academy awards shows

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• And if the Comedian had been white and had made a joke about a black womans hair loss from an incurable illness ???

Smith over reacted and should not have done what he did, but Rock's joke was also hurtful and in incredibly bad taste and you know damn well that if a white man had made that joke they would be calling for them to be banned for life from future academy awards shows

Comedy is hurtful and they do not care who it might hurt, black- white- green- or purple. BUT WHAT THE HAY IT IS DONE IN COMEDY so that makes it ALRIGHT. OK! carry on, I am done with this subject.

• And if the Comedian had been white and had made a joke about a black womans hair loss from an incurable illness ???

I agree... bad taste... but I think with the two analogies the point missed. It was a black guy, talking about a black girl and slapped by a black guy. No need to make this racial. If a white guy made a joke about a white woman (same context) and a white guy slapped him.... What would have happened? Just saying, let's keep the perspective the same.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

You must have never watched the Oscars? Thats a pretty mild joke compared to all the roasting that goes on every year and all of these actors get a piece of it. Technically, this has been the trend at these awards for years. The only one completely out of line here and at fault is Will Smith, period.

• To put it in perspective, this is like literally going to see a comedian live and the guys roasts you or your wife and you go up to beat him up. Who exactly is the fucking moron that should be arrested? Why is common sense being challenged all the time nowadays?

• I agree... bad taste... but I think with the two analogies the point missed. It was a black guy, talking about a black girl and slapped by a black guy. No need to make this racial. If a white guy made a joke about a white woman (same context) and a white guy slapped him.... What would have happened? Just saying, let's keep the perspective the same.

I suspect if all parties to the incident were white and of equal stature in the entertainment business as Smith and Rock that there would be no difference

• We are still on the slap? Personally I don't get it. Demi Moore looked damn good with her head shaved and so does Smith's wife.

except Smiths wife's baldness is the result of an incurable illness that causes hair loss - - - something that most women would find very upsetting

• I went to my local Lowes today to purchase some outside house cleaner I use every spring. It was listed as 10.98. with 12 in stock. When I got there the price was 14+ change. Didn't even mention it, self-checkout anyway. A 20 lb bag of dog food went up 4 bucks last week. If I had a tiny fraction of Bidens or John Kerry's money I would care as much as they do, but I don't. Someone needs to inform Biden, Kerry and Buttigieg that energy is the economy and at the moment no amount of solar, wind, geothermal or other is in place to supply what the economy needs. This is getting out of control!

At least I took the slingshot for a ride.

• Well, the 40 pound bucket of pool chlorine tablets I could get at my Costco for around $80 in summer of 2020 now sells for $180 at my Costco.

• Well, the 40 pound bucket of pool chlorine tablets I could get at my Costco for around $80 in summer of 2020 now sells for $180 at my Costco.

I always bought from doheny's for the past 40+ years. Now the price has more than doubled . I've been wanting to fill the pool in for quite awhile now but been told it's 10k if done correctly. May be time now.