Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• The day of recogning may be approaching.

day of reckoning? there will never be a day of reckoning until we get congressional term limits and a law that requires them to live under every law they pass - - simply replacing them with the other party in an election is just getting more of the same - R's or D's under the current system makes no difference they are all self serving life time leaches that consider themselves to be above the rest of us.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• day of reckoning? there will never be a day of reckoning until we get congressional term limits and a law that requires them to live under every law they pass - - simply replacing them with the other party in an election is just getting more of the same - R's or D's under the current system makes no difference they are all self serving life time leaches that consider themselves to be above the rest of us.

I knew i misspelled that. Good we have the spelling police.

• I GET YA :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I would like to ask all of you here a favor

Today, 3/15, The Senate passed The Sunshine Protection Act with bipartisan support, this act would make daylight savings time permeant and end the outdated practice of setting the clocks forward and backward every year. In order for this bill to become law the House of Representatives must now take it up and pass it and then it would go to the President for his signature.

unfortunately at this point there is no guarantee that the House will even look at this bill which is why I am posting this. If you could I would appreciate it if you could write a short note to your State Representative and ask them to take whatever steps they can to get this bill on the House agenda for a vote

There is not much these days that most people on both sides of the political spectrum can agree on, but getting rid of the stupid time changes seems to be one with universal support

anyway if you could do this for me I would greatly appreciate it - Thanks :thumbsup:

you can use this link - find your representative if you need to,

Ed

Florida originated and has been fighting for this from the beginning. Both our Senators and most Congressmen are backing it. It has also already been passed through our state legislature but needs Federal approval since we cover two time zones (commerce rules) so we have you covered here ....

....... singer-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• yes - in 2018 California passed a proposition that would make daylight savings time permanent unfortunately under Federal law States can stay on standard time if wish, as Arizona does, but if they want to stay on Daylight Savings time it required federal approval - Also just because our states have passed things in the past at the State level this does not guarantee our federal congress person will get behind the current bill - this is why I wrote to my representative - - remember these are politicians and as such we need to remind them of what we want done - - just because we think its obvious does not guarantee they will do it - - after all writing yours again can't hurt - can it?

• My State Democrat politicians SUCK

Today the republicans tried to pass a measure to suspend for 6 months the State 51 cent per gallon gas tax. California currently has a 45 BILLION dollar surplus and the measure proposed that money from that surplus be used to offset the money lost by suspendeding the gas tax

Democrats all voted NO

seriously? gas is over 6 dollars a gallon in some places - - and the state has a huge surplus - - so WTF? Democrats can't actually help the people???

• Your just learning this now?

• Your just learning this now?

I was hoping that in this moment that perhaps they might set their greed aside and do something for the people they say they work for - - of all of the people who are hurt the most by these gas prices I think it is pretty clear that its the very people the Democrats say they are here to protect

I guess we all know that its a bunch of BS that they only really care about their own power, but I was hoping they might prove that in an emergency they could put the people first

once again their words do not match their deeds

• Yes don't mess with Mother Nature, Standard Time all the time. No day light saving time at all. Even if this passes it doesn't go into effect till the Fall of 2023.

being retired I like daylight savings time when the sun stays up later. I can sleep in as late as I choose so having it come up early does nothing for me, but either way I can adapt, just pick one and get rid of the damn changing back an fourth twice a year

• Bob McNally

21Sm935fnshhao1mmetc0 ·

Letter to my boss :::::

I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well and given me benefits beyond belief. I have 3 to 4 months off per year, and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and then pay my estate one year's salary death bonus and then continue to pay my spouse my salary with increases until she or he dies along with a health plan that most people can only dream of having.

Despite this, I plan to take the next 12 to 18 months to find a new position. During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient for me. In addition, I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job. Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be coming back with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything, remember that you have no choice in this matter. I can, and I will do this.

Sincerely,

Every Member of Congress running for Re-Election

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Frequently you say that democrats and republicans are the same. They are not.

I view republicans as part whores and part kestone cops (with some exceptions such as Rand Paul).

Democrats are about absolute power. People are just either a means to an end or useful tools.

That being said our benevolent pedophile has recruited tik tokers to push his gas price propaganda...

• They can but only when its allowing thieves to steal and BLM to loot and Riot. Oh and did I forget plenty of assisted housing for crack addicts at the expense of the tax payer