Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Found this on another forum, thought it would look good here.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

Code
    1. Abraham Lincoln

ROGER THAT! And rainbows!:00010166:

Found this on another forum, thought it would look good here.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

Abraham Lincoln

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I find it interesting that some here seem to think that if the Republicans keep things at the 60 vote threshold that will somehow insure the democrats do the same thing when it is their turn

Remember with Judges it was the Democrats who went first - - I see no reason to think that when the time comes they wont go first again

If the only thing keeping the republicans from crossing that line is the belief that it will stop the Democrats then they are fools.

Who thinks that here? Who said that here?

It changes the law, the Dems wouldn't be "doing" anything but following the new law that you are wishing for. Do you understand?

• Who thinks that here? Who said that here?

It changes the law, the Dems wouldn't be "doing" anything but following the new law that you are wishing for. Do you understand?

If I am not mistaken it was I that inferred this. I think Ed is absolutely correct ! The Democrats were the first to go against our founders and initiate this so-called nuclear option. The cat is out of the bag “it” should be used this afternoon.

November 21, 2013

Harry Reid was the first to use the Nuclear Option, on November 21, 2013, when under his direction the bare majority of Democrats in the Senate removed the ability to filibuster for judicial nominees below the U.S. Supreme Court level.

• California Dems flex new supermajority, with plans to pursue gun tax and more

https://www.foxnews.com/politi…s-bills-new-supermajority

Edward Neal & SoCal - stay strong brothers - you are a dying breed in California!! With the Dems basically able to push their liberal agenda with little opposition may be a spectacle all of America will be watching.

Thanks Bill appreciate it we will keep our heads down. As I’ve said before California is an amazing state filled with amazing people run by idiots !

• About the only thing I can hope for in California now is that the pendulum has swung so far to the left that someday the state that had the wisdom to elect Ronald Reagan governor will somehow do it again. It’s scary to think of what’s going on behind the curtain when there are no checks and balances against that kind of power.

• On this whole "wall" conversation that I have inserted myself into I am thinking a constructive conversation on how so many beautiful country's have fallen into such disarray and totalitarian dictatorial rule or outright “wild west” conditions can be turned around. I for one do not like nation building or sticking our nose into others business. However - when the actions of others effects me (us) in such a negative way what is the appropriate response?

In answering my own question … The wall makes perfect sense to me. let’s say it was an impermeable wall with zero ability to breach, then the people coming north would in theory inevitably have to deal with their own issues. As “walking away” would not be an option.

Our founders could have kept moving west and evaded England and the Red Coats and just given up and slipped away. There is a lot of land west of the east coast that could have bought them time. But no. They they stood their ground and fought the crown. The rest is history. Perhaps those south of the border should consider the same. This is not an easy issue - however by their imposing it on the USA we have the right to respond. This is our house. We make the rules.

Our constitution, declaration of independence and bill of rights are no secret. They are a road map to freedom and success. Not perfect - but I would say the best so far. This country of ours is an evolving experiment. It all starts with freedom as our core value.

Perhaps our fellow humans south of the border should take our history to heart and make it their own for the betterment of their next and following generations! Then we Americans will be clamoring to head south to enjoy their incredible country(s).

Peace out! I am now in Christmas mode!

• Who thinks that here? Who said that here?

The "doing" I was talking about is the changing of the law / rules - - - The Democrats changed the law / rules with Judges - the republican followed by doing the same with supreme court judges.

I dont believe that keeping the law / rule at 60 votes does anything to stop the Democrats from changing the rule, like they did with judges, if/when they take control of the Senate

my point is if the Republicans think that if they dont change the rule it will somehow stop the democrats from changing the rule - they are stupid - the democrats are going to reduce the 60 vote threshold when they have control - its almost guaranteed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• https://www.foxbusiness.com/po…of-congressional-salaries

WOW!! It is the Xmas season - unicorns flying everywhere - something I actually agree with Ocasio-Cortez on - will miracles ever cease???

I was shocked as well - I never thought that woman would say anything I agreed with

• The "doing" I was talking about is the changing of the law / rules - - - The Democrats changed the law / rules with Judges - the republican followed by doing the same with supreme court judges.

I dont believe that keeping the law / rule at 60 votes does anything to stop the Democrats from changing the rule, like they did with judges, if/when they take control of the Senate

my point is if the Republicans think that if they dont change the rule it will somehow stop the democrats from changing the rule - they are stupid - the democrats are going to reduce the 60 vote threshold when they have control - its almost guaranteed

The reason the Republicans don't want to do it is the same is why the Democrats won't do it. Picking judges, even supreme court justices, doesn't affect Washington too much as the pedulem swings, each side can take advantage, thus keeping it fairly even(though they are "impartial"). Neither side wants to be left to watch the other implement laws or funding bills with a simple majority. Inevitably their side will be the one watching, bitching and unable to do a thing. They ALL like power too much to give give up long term power for one vote.

• There are things that both sides desperately want that I don't want. That is why I vote for the person I like best, regardless of party. I feel if I can help the right person in, they will stop the other side. I try my best not to allow a super majority. I like checks and balances, as frustrating as they can be.

• Edward Neal gun rights is one topic I'm happy is protected with that 60% vote law. You want a wall at the risk of watching guns being taken away with a simple majority?

you are missing my point - completely

why do you think the Democrats wont get rid of the 60 vote rule if they want to?

do you seriously believe they will never do it just because the Republicans didn't do it now?

when the 60 vote rule was eliminated for judges it was the Democrats that did it - - they didnt wait for the republicans to do it first

if the Democrats could get rid of the 60 vote rule to get rid of guns do you really think they would think back and say "oh crap we cant change the 60 vote rule because the republicans didnt change it"

I would bet you that the 60 vote rule will be gone the first chance the democrats get if/when they take the Senate

and when that happens the Republicans will look pretty stupid for not getting the things they could have gotten if they had acted first.

as a side note gun rights is a constitutional issue and that can not be voted out by congress 60 votes or not. Changes to the constitution are not that easy