Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Well I gotta say that ranks right up there on the most unfair statements of the month list :cursing:

That statement can be taken multiple ways though and I'm not sure how it was meant. But the meme is a small moment in time just like the one with Hillary though. Does a picture tell a thousand words? Sure, but does it tell always the correct story? Nope, not all the time. History hopefully judges us all on many things. Hell, knowing Trumps ego a bit more, he'll do almost anything to create news about himself. Lately, it's been when he doesn't say something that is telling. Have to see how this next year goes, but I'm not sure I have much hope for things turning around.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• He's always been a racist. It has nothing to do with him being a Republican. It has nothing to do with him "being rough around the edges"--that's just an excuse to be crude. If it's a donkey in the morning, it's a donkey in the evening. I can name a long list of racist individuals who have won awards, remember awards are given by people and organizations, they aren't moral declarations of a person's character and conduct. People aren't just stating this due to his presidency, as it was brought against him in court in the past (his desire to keep his housing free of others).

• So I am only asking a question: is al shapton a racist?

I don't know anything about al shapton...but another civil rights activist who's name is similar to shapton I'd say no..media attention seeking..desire to be in the public eye..yes

@SlingRider, very sorry to hear that you've been in the hospital for an extended stay. Seeing that within the hospital there are so many hospitalists, contractors, etc. single payer insurance would leave you with a mounting insurance debt. Pray all goes well and you're back home with the family with a quickness.

• on the earlier thread for insurance I can only say that as I enter my second week in the hospital I am very glad we do not have a single payer system

Holy crap !! Didn’t even know you were sick - hope you get to feelin better and outta that damn hospital post haste !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don't know anything about al shapton...but another civil rights activist who's name is similar to shapton I'd say no..media attention seeking..desire to be in the public eye..yes
    @SlingRider, very sorry to hear that you've been in the hospital for an extended stay. Seeing that within the hospital there are so many hospitalists, contractors, etc. single payer insurance would leave you with a mounting insurance debt. Pray all goes well and you're back home with the family with a quickness.

IMO this honorable African American was way before his time and describes Sharpton to a T !!

• “Great men cultivate love and only little men cherish a spirit of hatred; assistance given to the weak makes the one who gives it strong; oppression of the unfortunate makes one weak.” Booker T. Washington

“No white American ever thinks that any other race is wholly civilized until he wears the white man’s clothes, eats the white man’s food, speaks the white man’s language, and professes the white man’s religion.” Booker T. Washington

“I pity from the bottom of my heart any individual who is so unfortunate as to get into the habit of holding race prejudice.” Booker T. Washington

• @SlingRider... good luck!

As someone who has been in the hospital for months over the last 5 years, I have no issues with a single payer system if it's done right. Issue is taking into account the government incompetence and the fact that the infighting between our two party system. I hope we can get it done and done right. America is a great country, but having a medical system that ranks 37th in the world is shameful. What we have today doesn't work and has not worked for a very long time (well before ACA). It NOT going to get better by keeping business as usual.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Question is why, but also title doesn't say much about the "amid increasingly desperate measures to plug a funding black hole. The restrictions will apply to standard hip and knee operations". I'd question why is funding in a black hole and then I also don't go off of one source as it's bad juju. I do have a friend of mine who lives over there and will follow up :-)

• Question is why, but also title doesn't say much about the "amid increasingly desperate measures to plug a funding black hole. The restrictions will apply to standard hip and knee operations". I'd question why is funding in a black hole and then I also don't go off of one source as it's bad juju. I do have a friend of mine who lives over there and will follow up :-)

Spoke to my friends. An interesting issue and one to avoid here. Apparently, they went ahead and privatized the base medical and now for profit companies are coming in and changing things around in order to make a profit. This obviously is NOT what I was recommending. I'm all for companies making a profit, but that's why our medical insurance companies and our medical we have today is in the shape it's in. DO NOT PRIVATES THIS. I mean really, lets go back to the definition of insanity as if it doesn't work today the way it's set up, it wouldn't work the same way in the future.

• Spoke to my friends. An interesting issue and one to avoid here. Apparently, they went ahead and privatized the base medical and now for profit companies are coming in and changing things around in order to make a profit. This obviously is NOT what I was recommending. I'm all for companies making a profit, but that's why our medical insurance companies and our medical we have today is in the shape it's in. DO NOT PRIVATES THIS. I mean really, lets go back to the definition of insanity as if it doesn't work today the way it's set up, it wouldn't work the same way in the future.

It ain’t doin nuthin but gettin worse - just got a letter today from Blue Cross/Blue Shield basically tellin me to grab my ankles they are going in deep in 2018 but don’t know how much yet. You cannot be without major medical because one catastrophic event could wipe you out financially. Even more so if all of your assets are paid for so they can come after you for being successful. Healthcare is a complete mess with no quick fix I can see.

• @Bill Martin... sorry to hear, but really, is there ANY fix that involves private for profit companies? I don't see it just for this reason. If someone can come up with a fix that involves what we have, then great, but I don't see how anything is going to get better until you remove the reason the fees keep going up, and that involves taking the profit out of the service. And there's going to be lots of issues in doing so and I'm sure our government will screw it up, but as long as you have companies that need to make 5% over last year, it's not going to get batter.

• @Bill Martin... sorry to hear, but really, is there ANY fix that involves private for profit companies? I don't see it just for this reason. If someone can come up with a fix that involves what we have, then great, but I don't see how anything is going to get better until you remove the reason the fees keep going up, and that involves taking the profit out of the service. And there's going to be lots of issues in doing so and I'm sure our government will screw it up, but as long as you have companies that need to make 5% over last year, it's not going to get batter.

If you remove the profit factor from the equation what is the incentive for the best of the best to spend 8 years to become a Dr. If the government starts to drive the Dr’s profits down so everyone can afford it - great American healthcare will evaporate. The whole thing has grown into a (pardon the pun) incurable condition!!!

• If you remove the profit factor from the equation what is the incentive for the best of the best to spend 8 years to become a Dr. If the government starts to drive the Dr’s profits down so everyone can afford it - great American healthcare will evaporate. The whole thing has grown into a (pardon the pun) incurable condition!!!

What is so great about being in 37th place in the world? Some 3rd world countries have better healthcare than us. Not to mention if none of us can afford the insurance and or able to afford to use it... how is this a "great American healthcare" system? I don't see it... not about this topic. The thing is, is the issue really due to Dr. not making a profit or because of larger health insurance companies? I hear all the time Dr. complaining that the insurance companies are sucking the life out of them because the insurance companies are making all the money. Get rid of this overpriced billing process and get back to helping people. Not going to be easy, but something has to give.

• What is so great about being in 37th place in the world? Some 3rd world countries have better healthcare than us.

Serious question .. how is that figured ?

... 'cause I have traveled a good portion of the world on your dime and can tell ya' ...... I never visited a third world country where I would trust being treated over a US provider .... not even close .....

IMO, of the areas I have been only a couple Scandanavian systems I would even consider over the US ..... however don't see theirs translating to a country our size ...

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• What is so great about being in 37th place in the world? Some 3rd world countries have better healthcare than us.

Can you expand on this theory?
    What do you consider "better healthcare"?
    Access to doctors, drugs, cleaner hospitals, county medical free clinics.......what?
    NOT having to pay for it, or waiting for 6 months to see a dentist? Or waiting 8-9 months to have surgery for a condition that will kill you in 6 weeks?
    Letting the government decide if the expense to save your old ass is worth it?
    Hell, even dumb ass California has realized free healthcare is not financially feasible or possible.
    You really need to stop listening to the MSM about their wished "utopia" and start listening to the actual people that live in those countries.
    They are saying they come to the US just to seek medical care because they can not get it in a reasonable time there.
    Canadians come to the US, Australians come to the US, English come to the US.
    IF there is no profit to companies that develop the drugs that make us better, why would they spend BILLIONS of dollars on development, testing, approval, jumping through the governments rabbit hole of never ending requirements, and then the greedy, blood sucking, spineless, weasel, useless lawyers (our Bill is excluded from this list of course) that want to sue because some dumbass took 2 pills instead of the stated one pill. Or the "patient" suffered an upset tummy that the accompanying paperwork said was a possible side affect but decided they would take the risk just to live, then want to sue them because they actually lived.
    Then without profit, where would the money come from for the next life saving drug to be developed?
    IF there is no profit in healthcare, how would hospitals spend BILLIONS of dollars on equipment, buildings, surgery centers? where would that money come from?
    IF there is no profit for doctors, nurses, assistants, anesthesiologists and so forth, how would they pay for their 8 years of education and 4 years of residency? How would they pay for their housing, food, clothes? What about their liability insurance?
    Are you willing to lose the ability to sue a hospital, doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist if someone you love dies so they can save money by not having to pay for liability insurance so you can pay less for healthcare?
    Are you willing to pay 20-30-40% more in taxes so the government can give that money to drug companies with no requirements to repay? give it to hospitals, clinics, doctors, nurses, dentists and so forth just so you can go to the ER for a splinter because you think it is your RIGHT to free healthcare?
    PLEASE show me where in the constitution it says you have the RIGHT to force people and companies to provide you free health care!!!!
    There HAS to be profit in ANY business, or the business can not afford to get better, buy newer medicines, newer equipment.
    I did not risk tens of thousands of dollars to start my business because i wanted to provide a product at cost. I have to make a profit so i can replace that product once it is sold with new product, better product, with better, newer testing. Why should i not be able to pay my rent just because i had an idea, put up my own money, took the risk of losing everything to just break even?
    And WHO decides when i have enough money? Enough profit? Not enough profit? Is the government going to demand that YOU must buy my product so I can make the proper amount of profit?
    So the next time you take a pill, think about all the dollars it cost that company to research, test, defend and make that pill, and ask yourself if living through today is worth $10 a pill, because the alternative is not cheaper, even cremation costs $1,000.
    You have the right to life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness, no one is stopping you, so pursue away.
    BUT you do NOT have the right to take it from me, just as i don't have the right to take it from you.

• If you remove the profit factor from the equation what is the incentive for the best of the best to spend 8 years to become a Dr. If the government starts to drive the Dr’s profits down so everyone can afford it - great American healthcare will evaporate. The whole thing has grown into a (pardon the pun) incurable condition!!!

I spent 8 years in school and nobody calls me a doctor. But after 3 years as a Freshman and 2 years each as a Junior and a Senior, I did get voted least likely to succeed.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE